[edited title] Robert Foster, UDFA - Roster shot?

Alright alright I'll be that guy, we do this absolutely every year with every UDFA...

That being said, with how thin we are at the position these guys really do have a legit shot.

However, McCarron, Peterman, and Allen are the three guys they have throwing to them to try and make a case for them selves. A very big uphill battle if you ask me.

53 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Remember last year in the preseason we were all clamouring for Brandon Reilly?

Did he actually do anything wrong?

i note now that no one is even projecting him to make 53..

......darn good showing in pre-season.....at the same time, by not activating him, he neither gets a credited or accrued season...so now with a new QB corp with a "deeper (pun)" perspective of the field, the kid gets another shot and OBD gets an additional year....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

2018 NFL Draft: 20 undrafted rookies in most favorable situations

7) Robert Foster, WR, Bills

College: Alabama

The skinny: The Bills selected a couple of quick receivers in the late rounds (Ray-Ray McCloud, Austin Proehl), but found the larger downfield receiver in Foster after the draft. Josh Allen's arm needs to be stretched out, and Foster has the size/speed combo to make that happen.

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

14 hours ago, eball said:

Watch out for Austin Proehl.

I agree.  He may be our Wes Welker.  He was injured and I think that kept him from breaking out onto the national radar.  He is one of those shifty water bug receivers that is so hard to cover off the line.  That first step is so fast they have separation almost immediately.  Could come in handy for a QB behind an O line that can't give him a lot of time for routes to develop.

8 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I agree.  He may be our Wes Welker.  He was injured and I think that kept him from breaking out onto the national radar.  He is one of those shifty water bug receivers that is so hard to cover off the line.  That first step is so fast they have separation almost immediately.  Could come in handy for a QB behind an O line that can't give him a lot of time for routes to develop.

He's got that Welker/Edelman cockiness about him too.  I'm amazed the Hoodie didn't snatch him up.

On 5/1/2018 at 6:48 AM, ScottLaw said:

If there's one position an UDFA can make this team at and even start its at receiver... because the Bills WRs are awful. 

We probably got our choice of WR UDFAs this year. I'm assuming agents look at team needs and try to send their clients somewhere they actually have a chance to make it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 6:20 AM, Doc Brown said:

We should have the annual Da'Rick Rogers award for undrafted free agents we're intrigued by that end up not making the team.

We could also use some help on the interior D-line...

...I wonder if Michael Jasper is still available?

On 5/1/2018 at 9:14 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

i haven't looked at his stats yet. how big is he? hope he's over 5'9.