[edited title] Robert Foster, UDFA - Roster shot?

Call me crazy but i think Buffalo just signed there next number two WR in Foster. It may not be from day one this season but i think by the end of the season he will be on the outside along with Benjamin and Zay in the slot. I think hes the only wr on the roster that complements Benjamin on the outside at 6"2 200 and can stretch the field. (40 - 4.41).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If he can play some special teams, I think he makes the team. Something like this seems likely in my mind. 

Benjamin

Jones

Kerley

FA/Holmes/Reilly

Proehl

Foster

Proehl backs up Kerley as a slot and Foster backs up Jones. Ray Ray to me is a special teams/WR/RB type of roster spot. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If he can play some special teams, I think he makes the team. Something like this seems likely in my mind. 

Benjamin

Jones

Kerley

FA/Holmes/Reilly

Proehl

Foster

Proehl backs up Kerley as a slot and Foster backs up Jones. Ray Ray to me is a special teams/WR/RB type of roster spot. 

Just curious - I think this is the 2nd post on our WR that I've seen with this - why do you have Kerley penciled in as a starter?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just curious - I think this is the 2nd post on our WR that I've seen with this - why do you have Kerley penciled in as a starter?

I think he is penciled in as the slot receiver for now, unless they add someone else. I do think there is a good chance they add someone, but Kerley can definitely play. 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was wondering the same thing, I personally don't see Kerley starting either.

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think he is penciled in as the slot receiver for now, unless they add someone else. I do think there is a good chance they add someone, but Kerley can definitely play. 

He could play. 

SF signed him to a 3 year contract last spring, then cut him before the season.  Why?

Jets signed him.  He was suspended 4 games for PED and cut.

When he did play, wasn't he always on again off again?  Some weeks he looked great, others he couldn't hang onto anything?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He could play. 

SF signed him to a 3 year contract last spring, then cut him before the season.  Why?

Jets signed him.  He was suspended 4 games for PED and cut.

When he did play, wasn't he always on again off again?  Some weeks he looked great, others he couldn't hang onto anything?

Yeah I'm not some kind of Kerley lover or anything, but he's probably the second best receiver on this roster right now (not ideal) and the best fit to play in the slot. Ideally we add a better #2 and Jones becomes #3, but as currently constructed Kerley is the best fit to play in the slot. He also helps in the return game. 

I would love to bet on the Reilly's and Dupre's of the world, but if no other pieces are added, I think Kerley makes the team and plays as the Slot guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Watch out for Austin Proehl.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like him. I think he definitely competes for time and I do hope he is good enough to start in the slot.

My exposure to him is limited to scouting Trubisky in 2016 but he did make some plays. I'll certainly have an eye on him in pre-season.  

• Like (+1) 1

don't forget this team has R Streater, and Malachi Dupree on the roster

Streater looked great before the injury last year, and Dupree had a lot of pre draft buzz last year. O'Reilly is also floating around.

There is more depth at WR than expected.

I'm not saying it's top end, but there are enough guys with a mix of experience to put together 5 solid options to start the year.

• Like (+1) 1