2019 Mock Draft on Rotoworld

The good news is we can get Oliver or Bosa without giving up any picks.

The bad news is, well, the really bad news is,  they have us finishing in last place!!!

1. Buffalo Bills- Houston DT Ed Oliver

The Bills will still badly need a No. 1 receiver at this time next year, but 1.1 might be a tad early for A.J. Brown. It’s not too early for Oliver, who has been dominating at the collegiate level since becoming the rare five-star recruit to sign with a Group of 5 team (16.5 TFL last year despite constant double teams). Oliver is a special prospect. Had he been allowed to declare for this past draft, he would have been a top-10 pick... and maybe even a top-five pick. They don't make them any more disruptive.

2. Miami Dolphins- Ohio State DE Nick Bosa

The Dolphins still need help all over. If Ryan Tannehill returns to the promising pre-injury form he showed in 2016, perhaps they’ll be able to use their premium 2019 pick to continue to shore up the defense after snagging the do-everything Minkah Fitzpatrick on Thursday. In Ohio State’s loaded defensive line rotation where he didn’t play every snap, Bosa still managed 8.5 sacks and 16 TFL last year. He’s a similar prospect to his brother... and he may even turn out to be a tick better due to slightly better athleticism.

3. New York Giants- Oregon QB Justin Herbert

The Giants opted not to address the quarterback position in the 2018 NFL Draft until they popped Kyle Lauletta in Round 4. I project him as a long-term backup. They'll get another shot to draft the quarterback of the future in 2019 if they finish as poorly as Clay projects. Pairing Herbert with Saquon Barkley sure would be fun. When Herbert got hurt last year, Oregon’s offense went into the tank, Royce Freeman went into the tank, and the program as a whole went into the tank. The kid is really, really talented. Right now, however, he’s more tools and promise than he is finished product. But with Freeman out the door, Oregon will build Mario Cristobal’s first offense around Herbert. If Herbert takes off, he'll be a top-10 pick.

4.  New York Jets- Ole Miss T Greg Little

Kudos to the Jets for acquiring their franchise quarterback in Sam Darnold. I wish they would have drafted an offensive lineman or two to keep defensive linemen out of his grill—Darnold is a great prospect, but his hitchy delivery makes it especially important to keep him clean because he needs a split second longer to release the ball. Little, a former all-world recruit, would provide for a nice long-term anchor. The 6-foot-6, 325-pounder pairs outstanding size with light feet and smooth lateral agility to mirror athletic edge rushers.

5. Arizona Cardinals- LSU CB Greedy Williams

With the quarterback position taken care of, Arizona can turn their attention elsewhere next year. They still need a No. 2 cornerback to pair with Patrick Peterson, and Williams enters the 2018 season as the 2019 class’ top corner. Peterson would no doubt be tickled to be playing across from LSU’s next great corner prospect. A tall, skinny corner (6’2/182), Williams is extremely difficult to shake in coverage due to his combination of long speed and quick-twitch agility, and he shows natural ball skills on the rare occasions that SEC quarterbacks decide to test him.

58 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Sorry? The Bills pick 1st overall and take a defensive tackle? Pass the bucket. 

If the Bills are drafting top 10 next year then they are selecting a pass rusher. 

I said the same thing elsewhere.  There is no way we take a DT> ER in the top 10

I know that I keep banging the drum for 2019 but it is a special year on the DL. Bosa, Oliver, Lawrence, Gary, Wilkins, Ferrell, Bryant, etc... AJ Brown is a number 1 WR and it is entirely possible that the kid from UB goes in round 1 as well. The Bills will add an elite talent. There are rookie Pro Bowlers in that class. I’m setting the over/under on 5. 

Any chance we get to play the 2018 season and see how things shake out before talking about the 2019 draft?  I'd like to see how our new toys work before asking for more new toys.

Lots of talent on both o and d lines next year which is good for us. A DE or T to protect Allen would be great. We might also be in a prime spot to grab a top wr too. 

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills have had the 1st overall pick what, twice in their history ? I expect a regression in the record for several reasons, but I'm pretty sure they won't be picking first in 2019. 

OJ, Walt Patulski, Bruce Smith and too lazy to research to see if there were others. But I trust Rotoworld with my life so I am going to buy our fourth overall #1 draft pick Ed Oliver's jersey today !