Bills would have “strongly considered” Mason Rudolph at 22

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Yep this solidifies it for me.

There top 3 were:

Darnold

Allen 

Rudolph

I agree. All three are big, pocket passers. I couldn’t imagine them going Mayfield or Jackson. I think they’d had just about enough of a QB running around in the backfield. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I wouldn’t have been as nice about that pick (especially considering he would have been an option at 65). 

You would never have known that if they picked him at 22

• Like (+1) 2

I said before the draft that it wasn't my first choice, but I would not mind taking Roquan at 12, then Rudolph or Jackson at 22 and keeping the rest of our picks. That would go for Edmunds, too. I wouldn't mind Edmunds, Rudolph, and then having the two second rounder and taking Chark or Pettis or even James Washington for Rudolph and one of the good OL still available.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Denver was rumored to be very high on Rudolph. I can't blame them for passing in the 2nd and taking WR Courtland Sutton, but they had a chance to nab him in the 3rd, but opted for RB Royce Freeman. For their sake I hope Rudolph doesn't pan out... Actually, screw the Broncos, I hope Rudolph does pan out so their fans can lament the fact they took a RB over a starting QB. Shades of TJ Graham over Russell Wilson.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I agree. All three are big, pocket passers. I couldn’t imagine them going Mayfield or Jackson. I think they’d had just about enough of a QB running around in the backfield. 

lol Darnold is by no means a pocket passer.  He was constantly running around