Harrison Phillips will be a BEAST!

HoserE

Give the kid time to develop before saying what his career will or won't be.  I will never understand how fans come to conclusions about player's career before they take the field for us.  The kid is playing behind a solid veteran and a great DT.  He is a very smart kid and will learn from both of them.  Hopefully, he improves and fits in like a glove, time will tell.

One thing to note here......

My thoughts go back to Marcel D. here.....giving up a high 1st round pick and a huge contract that he never lived up to.......and then you have this guy that might give you that exact same production for a fraction of the cost and AT LEAST (we hope) the production.

It allows you to use your cap on other positions.....this is how you biuld a good team...you draft guys like this.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:41 PM, SydneyBillsFan said:

So this guy clearly has good credentials, but I am interested in what folks here think about how well he would work in tandem with the likes of Kyle and Star.

I happen to think he's perfect to eventually succeed Kyle, and should be part of a rotation to help keep Kyle fresh.

Star is a two-gapper, who clogs two lanes. Looking at the style that Pettine used for pressure, I think that Star draws the center and his guard, leaving Kyle/Phillips in a one on one. Kyle, at least as of a few years ago, kills in that matchup most of the time.

Meatball was so good at somehow figuring out snap counts. He would always be the first guy to react right as the ball was being snapped like he knew the count. Williams can shed and anchor or penetrate and push the pocket. Phillips has the same build and power as Williams but it will take him a few years to be on the same level as Meatball.

On 4/30/2018 at 4:56 PM, SydneyBillsFan said:

How the hell does a guy like this with over 100 tackles drop to pick 96? 

That's exactly what I asked my buddy who is a college football freak. I was asking if I'm missing something. The dude has a 16 minute highlight video on YouTube.

After 10 minutes of watching him plug guys begind the line I started wondering what is wrong with the analyst and why wasn't he in the conversation for first round or maybe even top ten.

If it's size, then they are dumb, there are a ton of guys with size that never amount to jack.

Go Bills!

On 4/30/2018 at 1:54 PM, CaptnCoke11 said:

Taller and heavier than Kyle.  Style of play isn’t that similar either.  Only comparison really is they are both white which is why you see people make the comparison 

If anything Kyle is a bit heavier...In that Kyle is a lot shorter and weighs thesame.

4 minutes ago, Billsfanatixs said:

After 10 minutes of watching him plug guys begind the line I started wondering what is wrong with the analyst and why wasn't he in the conversation for first round or maybe even top ten.

Supposedly his attitude changed with new staff but then he adjusted.  Will the Bills personnel frequently being replaced (and unfortunately not all who deserve it like Jim Overdorf and Juan Castillo) he needs to be able to adjust to changes in direction quickly.

11 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Can't believe we got him at 96 and the Redskins got Payne at 13 lol

It’s all part of Buffalo’s new attitude. Drought is over, #1 pick in the nhl draft, harry drops to 96. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I didn't see it posted here so here is a nice interview with Harrison by Murphy and Tasker.  He sounds like a very level-headed, thoughtful young man.  

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/audio/Harrison-Phillips-Im-excited-to-get-to-work/ae8e4615-6fa1-4630-9ca7-dd7cd1e8df1c

Heard this too. Ex State Champ Wrestler and Strong Christian values. McDermott’s dream profile of a player. A lot of Community Service too. He will be a fan favorite for sure. Great add to the program 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

Should be more than adequate as a run-stuffer, but a "beast"????  Hard to picture that...-I'd have to see it to believe it.

Man, your pessimistic attitude is the grocery bag in the urinal.  Have a little faith.  This defense has a chance to be something special this season.  Trent, Star, Kyle, Harrison, Jerry, Tremaine, Tre'Davious, Lorax, Micah, Jordan, etc.

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Man, your pessimistic attitude is the grocery bag in the urinal.  Have a little faith.  This defense has a chance to be something special this season.  Trent, Star, Kyle, Harrison, Jerry, Tremaine, Tre'Davious, Lorax, Micah, Jordan, etc.

:lol:

18 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Man, your pessimistic attitude is the grocery bag in the urinal. 

And you're the guy who p_sses in it anyway... Sure hope those homer pom-poms are still bouncing in November.

On 4/30/2018 at 6:15 PM, NewEra said:

Thanks.  I don’t think Phillips gets off the snap nearly as fast as Kyle.  Not many DTs ever have.  That’s his best attribute imo.  

I agree. He isn’t slow off the ball but he doesn’t have Kyles quickness at the snap. However I think he will be much stronger than KW against the run. Phillips is definitely a one tech. nose tackle. He will be hard to keep off the field imo.