Beane just said guy was falling that he wanted

boyst

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I liked Kirk, but I'm definitely happier with Phillips + whoever else we picked up than packaging to move up for Kirk. Harrison was a home run in my book.

What’s the deal with Cam falling into the udfa pool? Thought he was considered draft worthy, is he injured 

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

It was Christian Kirk

23 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

We really want to find that Welker/Edelman type. Hopefully McCloud or Proehl work out

I agree. I thought he was a great fit, but I am guessing he needed to fall another 8-12 slots.

47. Arizona Cardinals: Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M

Well that's on Beane, he shouldn't have overpaid for moving up 5 slots! Word is the Bucs originally wanted 12 and 22, but Beane balked and offered the two 2nds. But why? Did Arizona, who only spent a 3rd and a 5th to move up, offer their first, their 2nd, and next year's 2nd? Seems like the Bills were bidding against themselves, especially if Tampa could backtrack from a two first round pick request.

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

Well that's on Beane, he shouldn't have overpaid for moving up 5 slots! Word is the Bucs originally wanted 12 and 22, but Beane balked and offered the two 2nds. But why? Did Arizona, who only spent a 3rd and a 5th to move up, offer their first, their 2nd, and next year's 2nd? Seems like the Bills were bidding against themselves, especially if Tampa could backtrack from a two first round pick request.

The Bills were bidding with the Cards for Allen so had to pay more. The Cards, after the Bills took Allen, weren't bidding against anyone for Rosen because of the QB needy teams had already selected, so they didn't have to offer nearly as much. 

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What’s the deal with Cam falling into the udfa pool? Thought he was considered draft worthy, is he injured 

He had sports hernia surgery right after the UVA game, and subsequently missed the bowl game and tested poorly because he was still recovering. BTW, look at his numbers this year, he actually sustained the injury in August and played all year with a sports hernia. He's tough and has heart, that's surely appreciated by McD.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

3 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

The values of 12 & 22 and 12, 53 & 56 are very similar.  

1,980 vs 1,910.

If one of those is overpaying then the other is too.  

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

He had sports hernia surgery right after the UVA game, and subsequently missed the bowl game and tested poorly because he was still recovering. BTW, look at his numbers this year, he actually sustained the injury in August and played all year with a sports hernia. He's tough and has heart, that's surely appreciated by McD.

Hopefully he doesn’t have ongoing issues like Kolbee listenbee did with the sports hernia. Could be a udfa gem!!

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The values of 12 & 22 and 12, 53 & 56 are very similar.  

1,980 vs 1,910.

If one of those is overpaying then the other is too.  

Oh yeah, I agree. The most expensive chart - Jimmy Johnson's - says it should've only taken 12 and 56 to move up to 7. I realize things are inflated because it is a QB's market, I'm just wondering if the Cardinals were offering a sweeter deal than their first and their 2nd. Is it a blind deal, wherein the best offer wins even if it means you're giving up too much? Or would the Bills be allowed to counter whatever offer the Cardinals had on the table? Didn't sound like Beane was bidding against the Cards, it sounded like he was proposing whatever deal he found necessary to move up.

8 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Oh yeah, I agree. The most expensive chart - Jimmy Johnson's - says it should've only taken 12 and 56 to move up to 7. I realize things are inflated because it is a QB's market, I'm just wondering if the Cardinals were offering a sweeter deal than their first and their 2nd. Is it a blind deal, wherein the best offer wins even if it means you're giving up too much? Or would the Bills be allowed to counter whatever offer the Cardinals had on the table? Didn't sound like Beane was bidding against the Cards, it sounded like he was proposing whatever deal he found necessary to move up.

All I know is I heard one of the NFL reporters say last week that he asked one of the gms about the trade value chart with the QBs and he said “you can take the trade value chart and shove it up your a** this year”

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1