Who can we trade so we're in position for - Nick Bosa?

I remember people saying that Eli Manning would be even better than his brother too. Joey Bosa is really freaking good, it's ridiculous to say that anyone is definitively a better prospect than him. I'm sure Nick will be great, but there is no guarantee that he'll be better than a guy who is already a top-5 DE.

6 minutes ago, 947 said:

I remember people saying that Eli Manning would be even better than his brother too. Joey Bosa is really freaking good, it's ridiculous to say that anyone is definitively a better prospect than him. I'm sure Nick will be great, but there is no guarantee that he'll be better than a guy who is already a top-5 DE.

It’s a bit tougher to prospect toward the nfl  with QBs than it is pass rushers. I’m not saying there is anything definitive or guaranteed, I’m saying at this point in Nick’s career he is a better prospect than Joey was at the same point (beginning of their true junior seasons).  Whether or not that changes or stays the same, is fluid. We only have the info we have now and past data. This isn’t just my eye test, it’s the DL coach’s opinion who had both Bosas.

keeping in mind their personalities are very different. Nick is much more focused on his development than Joey was. He’s more into film and understanding each and every thing there is to know. Nick is 3 inches shorter but stronger, and can play inside and out as well as Joey did, perhaps better inside. They win their matchups so similarly though, it’s eery.

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, 947 said:

Maybe not, but Nick was a bigger recruit. He is also more powerful. It is a stretch to say that he will be better but unlike Peyton and Eli, Nick was always thought of as the superior prospect.

1 hour ago, dbflaBill said:

Can you read? I said MAX they win 6 games. Also, he's not going number 1 he is not his brother. 

Sorry man, but he’s almost certainly 1 & definitely top 5. He’s considered a better prospect. That doesn’t mean that he will be better. His brother went 3 and has excelled. This kid is more highly thought of (even by his own coaches) AND has the track record of his brother’s success. Where do you expect him to be picked?

29 minutes ago, SteveFreeman22 said:

not as bad as you're spelling.. 0-7 ? really, man, some people just want to be depressed

No not at all. I like allen and the draft even some of udfa are intriguing. That schedule looks brutal though. 

1 minute ago, noacls said:

No reason to be disrespectful cant you have a conversation?

wasn't trying to be disrespectful.    it's just more a pet peeve of mine when someone tries to gauge a schedule at this point, especially when trying to predict wins/loses.  there's always some teams that surprise, and some that disappoint.  i'm sure many teams had the bills penciled in as an easy win last year.  not a big deal, but every year it comes up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

Asking for a friend.

No trade. No tank. No gimmicks. 

(nothing wrong with playing worst QB the last 4 games though if out of playoff hunt at that time. This would be a normal and not tanking on purpose)

Just play out season and maybe need to make a small move up in 1st round to get::::::::

Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky

Edited by cba fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

I would just keep an eye out for Rosen-type rumors that could get pushed by teams trying to get him to fall. His mom openly said she wished they pulled an Eli manning when Joey had the contract issues with the Chargers. Indicating they wanted to choose his team m. His family is wealthy. His parents are helicopter. Nick has said some things that have raised eyebrows, even threw urban indeed the bus, Zeke-style. He’s a well-rounded, insightful kid and none of these things would dissuade me from drafting him but we all know how these narratives can shape the draft. 

I mentioned this in another thread.  I think its very realistic to think the Bills could be picking #1 next April.  

In terms of Bosa vs Bosa, Nick may have a year like no other, but I would say currently he doesn't measure up to Joey as a prospect.  He isn't as good against the run, and he isn't as good as a passer rusher. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2018 at 9:53 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I never really comment on this stuff but just because it was such a hot topic with Rosen.. nick is very politically outspoken. He along with another teammate were causing a bit of decisiveness in the Locker room inadvertently. But opposite viewpoint of Rosen. He has toned down his social media a lot in the last year, likely at the advice of his family. But he’s a super intelligent kid in general and definitely doesn’t “stick to football” in his life. He has long-term aspirations in the business world. He’s very different from his brother, though they sound and play almost exactly the same. Just FYI, I wonder if this could make him slide to somewhere between 1 and 10.

It begins...