[edited] Brandon Reilly - Speedy WR with a Roster Shot?

1 minute ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Well so now you know it is not Google.  So like I said, time will tell.  Be as negative as you want.  Save my post and throw it back at me if you get the chance.  

I don’t know it’s not Google and don’t really care. Right now April and Reilly is just another guy. 

53 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Flash this to me later if you want.  McDermott loves the kid and there is no way he gets cut in training camp.  He is just scratching his potential given hockey background.  

As we saw somewhat in preseason last year, young man is a very good football player.  Tough, hard worker.  Big and fast.  Not going anywhere.

I think the "He is going to be cut in training camp" was just a joke and a pretty funny one at that. 

•  
  • Like (+1) 2

Guys with size/speed and no production in college like Reilly(who also has concussion issues) or good production with critically poor measurables in college are what you bring to camp when you have a terrible WR corps in the NFL.

Hopefully one or two of these 5-6 wannabe's can help the team because if not the Bills are going to be combing the waiver wire for help every week all season.

He’s following the steps of Chris Hogan... Hogan played STs.

He needs to prove he can play STs and I bet his shot will come on the field. Unless you’re a top 3 WR on this team... you be expected to contribute on ST.

I think he may get his shot this year.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Bangarang said:

The league is filled with guys like Brandon Reilly who end up doing absolutely nothing. He’s given me no reason to think he’ll do anything more than he already has. He’s a fringe roster guy. I understand Bills fans absolutely love rooting for the underdog but even this is stretching it.

I think it has more to do with the fact that the Bills are quite thin at the WR position. Fringe roster WRs have a better chance of making the final cut in Buffalo than elsewhere. 

With that said, I thought he showed enough in preseason last year to give the fans the impression that he's worth hanging on to. 

• 1 month later...

I think he makes it this year too. He certainly was the fan favorite from last year's camp, and with a year under his belt he will be even better. I think it was BB.com that listed the WRs by speed, and I was surprised he was #2, I believe (Proehl surprised me there too).  If I were a betting man, I'd put money on him making the roster.

I hope he along with Streater, Proehl, Foster all make the 53 i think all of those guys have the underdog mentality & would be a really good WR corp !

As long as Jones gets his S**T together & lives up to his status, KB will do his thing i think it should be good !!