[edited] Brandon Reilly - Speedy WR with a Roster Shot?

6 minutes ago, T master said:

I hope he along with Streater, Proehl, Foster all make the 53 i think all of those guys have the underdog mentality & would be a really good WR corp !

As long as Jones gets his S**T together & lives up to his status, KB will do his thing i think it should be good !! 

Considering that Kelvin, Zay, and Holmes are near roster locks, and Kerley is a probable, they'd probably have to keep 8 WRs to keep all of the guys you've mentioned.

14 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Considering that Kelvin, Zay, and Holmes are near roster locks, and Kerley is a probable

Holmes was running with the 3s yesterday. I actually think he's a long shot to make the roster because of all the youth we brought in. My early guess is that we ultimately keep Benjamin, Streater, Kerley, Foster, Zay, and one of Reilly/Dupre. McCloud and Proehl could go on the practice squad unless they like McCloud as a kick returner right away. And I'm not even 100% sure about Zay. This regime has shown they'll cut their losses early.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Holmes was running with the 3s yesterday. I actually think he's a long shot to make the roster because of all the youth we brought in. My early guess is that we ultimately keep Benjamin, Streater, Kerley, Foster, Zay, and one of Reilly/Dupre. McCloud and Proehl could go on the practice squad unless they like McCloud as a kick returner right away. And I'm not even 100% sure about Zay. This regime has shown they'll cut their losses early.

There's a decent chance they keep 7 on the roster, but I think there's almost zero chance they cut Zay.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:48 PM, DrDare said:

I do not think he will be cut.  We can hope the coaches have had an eye on him.

of course, every time i have said this before they have been cut unfairly though...

I agree. The Bills are desperate at WR.

Even the walk on concessions guy has a 50/50 shot to make the roster. 

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

There's a decent chance they keep 7 on the roster, but I think there's almost zero chance they cut Zay.

If they keep 7 I'm guessing McCloud gets that spot for special teams. Zay will probably make the team but I wouldn't put it past them to outright cut him if other receivers look better. Phil McGeoghan is gone and McDermott doesn't gift anyone a spot on the team.

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Even if those losses are fighting for Jesus?

On 4/29/2018 at 7:31 PM, Rad Likes The Bills said:

He is going to be cut in training camp. 

yeah sure like what we got now is sooo much better!  He gets cut...Patsies pick him up  on schedule and becomes a superstar!

2 hours ago, Superhero said:

With Reilly taking some reps with the 1's this week and his size speed ratio is interesting. It makes you wonder if he can become a starter because he is developing as a receiver or if the lack of high end competition has him potentially in that roll. 

We and wait and see.

Sounds like he is the 4th guy then. I'm sure he is filling in for Zay Jones as the 2nd WR and they like Reilly better outside than in the slot.

47 minutes ago, JPP said:

yeah sure like what we got now is sooo much better!  He gets cut...Patsies pick him up  on schedule and becomes a superstar!

People said that last year. Pat's didn't pick him up when the Bills cut him.

Edited by MJS

3 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I think everyone here wants to see Reilly make the team and have a Theilen like impact. I am not sure he will though. He was on the roster for the last 4 or 5 games last season and didnt see the field. 

Therein lies the problem.  Reilly would certainly have done better than Deonte "Droppy McDropperson" Thompson against the Jags.

He's a nice find. Surprised he went undrafted.

I see him as a decent WR2/WR3 hybrid. Great at catching contested balls and finding soft spots in the zone. Is deceptively athletic enough to run sweeps. The type of guy that would kill you slowly if he was on the Patriots. I like him better than McCloud (a 4th/5th receiver) and Proehl (an OK possession receiver). His QBs at Nebraska didn't have the best arms so he's used to not running too far out. Not sure how well he would handle Allen's deep ball and if he's fast enough to reach it, but he can take on a poor man's Robert Woods type role. Keep an eye out, he'll make an NFL roster if not ours. Can get you 500-600 yards and 4-5 TDs a year in the NFL.

Edited by musichunch

2 minutes ago, musichunch said:

He's a nice find. Surprised he went undrafted.

I see him as a decent WR2/WR3 hybrid. Great at catching contested balls and finding soft spots in the zone. Is deceptively athletic enough to run sweeps. The type of guy that would kill you slowly if he was on the Patriots. I like him better than McCloud (a 4th/5th receiver) and Proehl (an OK possession receiver). His QBs at Nebraska didn't have the best arms so he's used to not running too far out. Not sure how well he would handle Allen's deep ball and if he's fast enough to reach it, but he can take on a poor man's Robert Woods type role. Keep an eye out, he'll make an NFL roster if not ours. 

Ran a 4.42

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

He's a scholar athlete,he'll do just fine after he gets cut.

Yes he is getting cut omfg

On 4/29/2018 at 7:06 PM, Wily Dog said:

Brandon Reilly is the reason that the Bills were not worried about WR during the draft.

As crazy as that sounds...yes it might actually be true

The bills have not been aggressive in the WR market at all....Kerley probably the biggest addition (and by the looks of things is setting into that slot wr position quite nicely)

Reilly looks like a outside receiver to me.....he is big strong catches everything....ran a 4.42 so he had speed.

He is gonna get his shot

• Like (+1) 1