[edited] Brandon Reilly - Speedy WR with a Roster Shot?

Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones & Jeremy Kerley are the only locks I see to make the team.

Brandon Reilly has a real chance to make the roster.

I think McCloud and/or Proehl are practice squad bound.

Rod Streater will be a competitor to make the team, and I think Andre Holmes will be cut because he's making to much money to be a special teams player.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:29 PM, MarlinTheMagician said:

Many posters were bemoaning our lack of WR speed during draft.  Don't forget Brandon Reilly.  Because he is a scrappy guy who caught passes over the middle last season it would be easy to forget he is quite fast.  He ran a 4.42 at Nebraska's pro day.  He also came in last year at 6'2 and 202 lbs.  Bet that is 210+ now with no loss in speed.  Also promoted to the 53 late in year so no other team could grab him.

I think this young receiver is going to be good.  He could push for time this year and be part of the speed answer.  Wouldn't surprise me if he did.  Go Brandon!

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-pro-day-worked-unofficial-results

I'm definitely rooting for Riley and think he has a decent shot to make the team. I think the Bills keep 6 WRs. KB, Zay, Kerley are in. I think Proehl ends up on practice squad and then I think it is mostly a 4-man race for the last three spots, between: Streater, Mccloud, Riley, and Foster. I don't think Holmes makes the cut. And I think Clay only sticks if there isn't another option for kick return duties (most likely Mccloud). So, it could be Riley vs. Foster for the last spot, with special teams play probably being the determining factor.

The Bills don't have any sub-4.4 burners, but I think they have plenty of NFL speed to choose from this year:

40-yard dash times

Riley 4:42 (at Pro Day)

McCloud 4:53 (at NFL Combine - said it was disappointing)

4:40 (clocked high 4.3s to low 4.4s at his Pro Day)

Proehl 4:41 (at Regional Combine)

Foster 4:41 (at NFL Combine)

Jones 4:45 (at NFL Combine)

Streater 4:46 (at NFL Combine)

On 4/29/2018 at 8:06 PM, Bangarang said:

The league is filled with guys like Brandon Reilly who end up doing absolutely nothing. He’s given me no reason to think he’ll do anything more than he already has. He’s a fringe roster guy. I understand Bills fans absolutely love rooting for the underdog but even this is stretching it.

Okay, will you make a deal with us and just go away if he makes the team out of training camp?

No one enjoys reading the unremitting pessimism--so take the bait and earn your right to offer it every day.

Edited by CSBill

Trusting the process may finally lead Brandon Reilly to ultimate goal 
SAL CAPACCIO  

The Bills WR was working with the starting offense last week

If there’s one person who personifies what Bills head coach Sean McDermott means when he talks about “the process,” it could very well be wide receiver Brandon Reilly.  In fact, if things go as planned this year for the second-year wideout, the team might want to - literally - use him as the poster child for a “trust the process” marketing campaign.

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/trusting-process-may-finally-lead-brandon-reilly-ultimate-goal

• Like (+1) 1