[edited] Brandon Reilly - Speedy WR with a Roster Shot?

Many posters were bemoaning our lack of WR speed during draft.  Don't forget Brandon Reilly.  Because he is a scrappy guy who caught passes over the middle last season it would be easy to forget he is quite fast.  He ran a 4.42 at Nebraska's pro day.  He also came in last year at 6'2 and 202 lbs.  Bet that is 210+ now with no loss in speed.  Also promoted to the 53 late in year so no other team could grab him.

I think this young receiver is going to be good.  He could push for time this year and be part of the speed answer.  Wouldn't surprise me if he did.  Go Brandon!

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-pro-day-worked-unofficial-results

• Like (+1) 4

Flash this to me later if you want.  McDermott loves the kid and there is no way he gets cut in training camp.  He is just scratching his potential given hockey background.  

As we saw somewhat in preseason last year, young man is a very good football player.  Tough, hard worker.  Big and fast.  Not going anywhere.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I like the kid, but yeah.  I mean there is also Streater, who may not even make this team.

I feel as though we are in an evaluation mode at WR. They are going to use this year to figure out the best offense to utilize Allen’s assests that’s why there  wasn’t a huge emphasis on skill positions in this draft. They want the cupboard bare as possible to essentially “reset” this year. It’s a tank year without saying it 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

He needs a more exotic name.  It is easy to forget him because he spent 80% of year on practice squad.  It is a mistake to sleep on him.

The league is filled with guys like Brandon Reilly who end up doing absolutely nothing. He’s given me no reason to think he’ll do anything more than he already has. He’s a fringe roster guy. I understand Bills fans absolutely love rooting for the underdog but even this is stretching it.

Just now, Bangarang said:

The league is filled with guys like Brandon Reilly who end up doing absolutely nothing. He’s given me no reason to think he’ll do anything more than he already has. He’s a fringe roster guy. I understand Bills fans absolutely love rooting for the underdog but even this is stretching it.

If fairness, you know nothing about Brandon Reilly.

Which of course begs the question - do I know anything about him?  Yes, I do.  I know what his teammates think of him from first hand information.  If you get the chance to ask one of them, do so.  I think you will hear the same things I have said.

1 minute ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Snide remarks are not productive.  Time will tell my friend.  Post this back to me if I am wrong.  And you know how to quote only part of a post - 

I quoted exactly what you said. You went back and added more to it after I already commented.