2019 Mock Drafts and top prospects

thunderingsquid

13 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Requires ESPN + for Full Access.

I don't know if it's kosher to post this stuff here or not, but I do have access to it. To be on the safe side, the big movers in the top 32 are:

DT Derrick Brown from 12 to 8.

DT Jeffery Simmons from unranked to 12.

CB DeAndre Baker from 17 to 14.

DT Raekwon Davis from 8 to 15.

QB Justin Herbert from unranked to 16.

DE Montez Sweat from 22 to 18.

WR D.K. Metcalf from unranked to 19.

QB Ryan Finley from 16 to 20.

QB Drew Lock from unranked to 21.

RB Bryce Love from 14 to 23.

RT David Edwards from 20 to 24.

WR Hollywood Brown from 30 to 25.

S Johnathan Abram from 21 to 26.

QB Jarrett Stidham from unranked to 27.

LT Trey Adams from 15 to 28.

C Elgton Jenkins from 25 to 29.

RB Damien Harris from 24 to 30.

S Marvell Tell III from 27 to 31.

WR Deebo Samuel from 28 to 32.

48 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't know if it's kosher to post this stuff here or not, but I do have access to it. To be on the safe side, the big movers in the top 32 are:

DT Derrick Brown from 12 to 8.

DT Jeffery Simmons from unranked to 12.

CB DeAndre Baker from 17 to 14.

DT Raekwon Davis from 8 to 15.

QB Justin Herbert from unranked to 16.

DE Montez Sweat from 22 to 18.

WR D.K. Metcalf from unranked to 19.

QB Ryan Finley from 16 to 20.

QB Drew Lock from unranked to 21.

RB Bryce Love from 14 to 23.

RT David Edwards from 20 to 24.

WR Hollywood Brown from 30 to 25.

S Johnathan Abram from 21 to 26.

QB Jarrett Stidham from unranked to 27.

LT Trey Adams from 15 to 28.

C Elgton Jenkins from 25 to 29.

RB Damien Harris from 24 to 30.

S Marvell Tell III from 27 to 31.

WR Deebo Samuel from 28 to 32.

If we were to move back I could see Hollywood Brown being an option. It feels like Beane doing the exact opposite of what’s been done to date. Get a guy to get down the field for Allen. I think Brown will test well and climb like John Ross did. I could see him in the mid-1st. I just don’t think that they will keep going big bodies with no separation.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If we were to move back I could see Hollywood Brown being an option. It feels like Beane doing the exact opposite of what’s been done to date. Get a guy to get down the field for Allen. I think Brown will test well and climb like John Ross did. I could see him in the mid-1st. I just don’t think that they will keep going big bodies with no separation.

However you assess the roster there are many glaring deficiencies that need to be addressed.. Last year, Beane made multiple moves to go up the board for the expressed purpose of getting a qb. That mission was accomplished. Most awake people are going to recognize that we will probably be drafting near the top of the board. So if the choice comes down to getting a top tier player (at any position) or getting two very good players from a trade down then the trade down for more players should be the smarter route to take. 

When you watch the Bills the takeaway is apparent: We are outmatched. It's obvious that there is a need for an infusion of talent. By smartly using the available cap and smartly maneuvering in the next draft we should be able to come away with an infusion of talent. We can't go another year with a dysfunctional OL and receiving unit. They are too far away from being NFL caliber to give us a chance to reasonably compete. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, JohnC said:

However you assess the roster there are many glaring deficiencies that need to be addressed.. Last year, Beane made multiple moves to go up the board for the expressed purpose of getting a qb. That mission was accomplished. Most awake people are going to recognize that we will probably be drafting near the top of the board. So if the choice comes down to getting a top tier player (at any position) or getting two very good players from a trade down then the trade down for more players should be the smarter route to take. 

When you watch the Bills the takeaway is apparent: We are outmatched. It's obvious that there is a need for an infusion of talent. By smartly using the available cap and smartly maneuvering in the next draft we should be able to come away with an infusion of talent. We can't go another year with a dysfunctional OL and receiving unit. They are too far away from being NFL caliber to give us a chance to reasonably compete. 

Well said John!! Those people that were thinking this was a .500 team before the year really overlooked how much talent they lacked. They just aren’t good enough. It’s a bad football team and it wouldn’t be a winning team with Walsh or Lombardi. 

They have cleared the deck next year and can turn the corner but they have left little margin for error. If guys like Zay or Groy could play those would leave a few less holes. The problem is that they can’t. There are so many positions and so much depth that needs to improve that it will be tough. They have assets but they can’t waste them on guys like DiMarco, Proehl or Newhouse. The guys that you get have to improve this team. 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Well said John!! Those people that were thinking this was a .500 team before the year really overlooked how much talent they lacked. They just aren’t good enough. It’s a bad football team and it wouldn’t be a winning team with Walsh or Lombardi. 

They have cleared the deck next year and can turn the corner but they have left little margin for error. If guys like Zay or Groy could play those would leave a few less holes. The problem is that they can’t. There are so many positions and so much depth that needs to improve that it will be tough. They have assets but they can’t waste them on guys like DiMarco, Proehl or Newhouse. The guys that you get have to improve this team. 

Agreed.

This thread a good place to say how glad I am that we are not looking for a Quarterback in this class.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

first 3 picks make it.

Jonah  Williams is my boy !

I like the first three picks, and getting players like Myles Gaskin, Jalen Jelks & Hunter Renfrow in the later rounds is all good.

However, if the Bills end up with the #2 overall pick, then they should definitely look into trading down. The first round is rich with Defensive Line talent, and there could be a quarterback someone might really want. Jonah Williams is a great prospect, but I think he would last past the 2nd overall pick.

I know I'm dreaming, but i would love to draft LB Chase Winovich. He could replace Lorax and I'm sure he would be a Process guy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agreed.

This thread a good place to say how glad I am that we are not looking for a Quarterback in this class.

You make a cogent point that (hopefully) the Bills got their franchise qb in last year's draft. Another associated point  is that the four teams that drafted a qb near the top of the draft appear to have acquired their long term franchise qb. If there is a lesson to be learned it is that taking an initiative to either draft at a high position or move up to get a top tier prospect is worth the high investment. Assuming the Bills are near the top of the draft board (safe assumption) then based on the value of highly drafted qbs the Bills should be able to parlay their high first round draft pick for addition picks. As Kirby and others have stated this team with a dearth of talent needs an infusion of talent to be respectable. 

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You make a cogent point that (hopefully) the Bills got their franchise qb in last year's draft. Another associated point  is that the four teams that drafted a qb near the top of the draft appear to have acquired their long term franchise qb. If there is a lesson to be learned it is that taking an initiative to either draft at a high position or move up to get a top tier prospect is worth the high investment. Assuming the Bills are near the top of the draft board (safe assumption) then based on the value of highly drafted qbs the Bills should be able to parlay their high first round draft pick for addition picks. As Kirby and others have stated this team with a dearth of talent needs an infusion of talent to be respectable. 

I would certainly not be against a trade back but I think if they are in a position to get an elite pass rushing DE or penetrating DT they should do it. Equally if there was a stand out dominant LT prospect (I have not focussed on OL at all yet) I would take him too and slide Dawkins into LG. 

But regardless it is harder to see a big trade down that doesn't involve a team coming up for a Quarterback in the top 5 and I just don't see a guy so far who is even nearly worth that. It is early in my process but this genuinely might be the 2013 QB draft all over again that people were declaring two years ago when Mahomes and Watson came out. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would certainly not be against a trade back but I think if they are in a position to get an elite pass rushing DE or penetrating DT they should do it. Equally if there was a stand out dominant LT prospect (I have not focussed on OL at all yet) I would take him too and slide Dawkins into LG. 

But regardless it is harder to see a big trade down that doesn't involve a team coming up for a Quarterback in the top 5 and I just don't see a guy so far who is even nearly worth that. It is early in my process but this genuinely might be the 2013 QB draft all over again that people were declaring two years ago when Mahomes and Watson came out. 

If it comes down to selecting an elite pass rusher or trading the pick to get a high end OT and a good receiver I'm preferring quantity over individual talent. Next year, we are in a position to get an infusion of talent. That's what needs to be done. The Bills are rebuilding. The core of talent needs to be dramatically expanded. When you are thin you need to bulk up. More talent is better than less talent. The reality is a small number of elite talent can be neutralized when surrounded by mediocrity. Expand the base and more players will rise. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

If it comes down to selecting an elite pass rusher or trading the pick to get a high end OT and a good receiver I'm preferring quantity over individual talent. Next year, we are in a position to get an infusion of talent. That's what needs to be done. The Bills are rebuilding. The core of talent needs to be dramatically expanded. When you are thin you need to bulk up. More talent is better than less talent. The reality is a small number of elite talent can be neutralized when surrounded by mediocrity. Expand the base and more players will rise. 

I just think this might be an all time DL class. I think there could be maybe 3 or 4 genuine elite talents up there. The kind of players who will do the opposite of what you are suggesting and will make the averageness around them look better. We have 10 picks. If I can get someone I think is genuinely elite at say #3 I am not trading it to take a good LT at say #8 and a good WR at say #21. That to me is drafting for need. If there is an elite DL prospect on the board at your pick in the NFL draft and you don't take them then in my mind you better be taking a Quarterback. If it is not an elite DL prospect then I favour trading back - tho still with the caveat that I am not sure at this stage there is a QB out there that a team is going to be desperate to go up for. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.