2019 Mock Drafts and top prospects

thunderingsquid

2019 NFL Mock Draft: Rams, Vikings add more serious talent, Jaguars look to replace Bortles

3. Buffalo Bills

Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State. The Bills pass rush erupted against the Vikings, and Sean McDermott loves going deep along his defensive front to keep his players fresh. Bosa would be an exquisite understudy to Jerry Hughes as a rookie. The Ohio State star can win with speed, power, bend, or pass-rushing moves

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

2019 NFL Mock Draft: Rams, Vikings add more serious talent, Jaguars look to replace Bortles

3. Buffalo Bills

Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State. The Bills pass rush erupted against the Vikings, and Sean McDermott loves going deep along his defensive front to keep his players fresh. Bosa would be an exquisite understudy to Jerry Hughes as a rookie. The Ohio State star can win with speed, power, bend, or pass-rushing moves

I love how everyone but the Jags are Hell bent on replacing Bortles :lol:

Just found my new favorite WR - Laviska Shenault 6'2" 220 Colorado, kid is going to be a Star!

"Shenault entered the week leading the FBS with 151.7 yards and 8.7 receptions per game, and as Friday’s game – and the season – have progressed, the Buffs continue to use the 6-foot-2, 220-pound more creatively.

Shenault hauled in a 57-yard touchdown in the first quarter, scored on a one-yard touchdown rush via a direct snap and drew UCLA’s defense away with double- and triple-team coverages that helped set up Montez for his effective zone-read plays and create open lanes for tailback Travon McMillian, the Virginia Tech transfer who ran for 102 yards on 21 attempts with a touchdown in the third.

“He can really do it all,” Montez said of Shenault.

“When guys are doubling him, there (are) less guys in the box, so it opens up the run game for me,” McMillan said.

Shenault, who caught 12 passes for 126 yards, was even lining up as a tight end in some formations.

“Whenever he’s not getting the ball, he’s drawing two, three defenders because that’s how many guys it takes to get him on the ground,” Montez said. “I mean, I think he’s a very special player for us. I think he makes a lot of great plays. He plays a little quarterback back there in the Wildcat. He can do it all.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/09/28/cu-buffs-football-beats-ucla/?productCode=WebAccessSP

@Buffalo716.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Just found my new favorite WR - Laviska Shenault 6'2" 220 Colorado, kid is going to be a Star!

"Shenault entered the week leading the FBS with 151.7 yards and 8.7 receptions per game, and as Friday’s game – and the season – have progressed, the Buffs continue to use the 6-foot-2, 220-pound more creatively.

Shenault hauled in a 57-yard touchdown in the first quarter, scored on a one-yard touchdown rush via a direct snap and drew UCLA’s defense away with double- and triple-team coverages that helped set up Montez for his effective zone-read plays and create open lanes for tailback Travon McMillian, the Virginia Tech transfer who ran for 102 yards on 21 attempts with a touchdown in the third.

“When guys are doubling him, there (are) less guys in the box, so it opens up the run game for me,” McMillan said.

Shenault, who caught 12 passes for 126 yards, was even lining up as a tight end in some formations.

“Whenever he’s not getting the ball, he’s drawing two, three defenders because that’s how many guys it takes to get him on the ground,” Montez said. “I mean, I think he’s a very special player for us. I think he makes a lot of great plays. He plays a little quarterback back there in the Wildcat. He can do it all.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/09/28/cu-buffs-football-beats-ucla/?productCode=WebAccessSP

Nice, but can he run by people? I'm looking for a Brandin Cooks type receiver

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

@Buffalo716.

Yea he’s  real good.

id like to see his combine performance 

52 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Pretty sweet!!!

I can see the Bills taking the OT from Bama in the first round but I can't see them using their first two picks on offensive linemen. It's not that we can't use an infusion of talent on the OL but because the organization has so much cap money to use I see another lineman being added through the free agent market. As you are well aware this team desperately needs receivers. 

A lot of people are getting discouraged because of the inept play of this stripped down team. If you consider that probably Kyle Williams will retire, Clay will be let go and Benjamin won't return you can add those salaries to the copious cap amount available to work with next year. And you add that money situation to the fact that we will have a full complement of draft picks then next year the team should be significantly reshaped and upgraded. 

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I can see the Bills taking the OT from Bama in the first round but I can't see them using their first two picks on offensive linemen. It's not that we can't use an infusion of talent on the OL but because the organization has so much cap money to use I see another lineman being added through the free agent market. As you are well aware this team desperately needs receivers. 

A lot of people are getting discouraged because of the inept play of this stripped down team. If you consider that probably Kyle Williams will retire, Clay will be let go and Benjamin won't return you can add those salaries to the copious cap amount available to work with next year. And you add that money situation to the fact that we will have a full complement of draft picks then next year the team should be significantly reshaped and upgraded. 

If we finish with a top 5 pick (sadly, a distinct possibility), we should trade down in round 1 and amass early draft picks for 2 years. 

If they don't repeat stupid mistakes in the draft and also use the cap space wisely, they can (imo) be one of the most talented teams in the NFL. There will be DTs galore in the 2019 draft, along with lots of blockers, receivers and even running backs to replace (at some point) McCoy.

The 2019 draft looks like a great one from where I sit. We shall see but I am optimistic.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

If we finish with a top 5 pick (sadly, a distinct possibility), we should trade down in round 1 and amass early draft picks for 2 years. 

If they don't repeat stupid mistakes in the draft and also use the cap space wisely, they can (imo) be one of the most talented teams in the NFL. There will be DTs galore in the 2019 draft, along with lots of blockers, receivers and even running backs to replace (at some point) McCoy.

The 2019 draft looks like a great one from where I sit. We shall see but I am optimistic.

You and I are riding the same choo choo train. :)

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JohnC said:

You and I are riding the same choo choo train. :)

We are and ultimately, I think that the draft will have a far greater impact than free agency. Free agents cost a lot and don't always produce as expected. I am all for going after good free agents but I still think that solid drafts are the best way to victory.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

We are and ultimately, I think that the draft will have a far greater impact than free agency. Free agents cost a lot and don't always produce as expected. I am all for going after good free agents but I still think that solid drafts are the best way to victory.

I agree with you that solid drafts should form the core of a team. With respect to pursuing a free agent route to bolster the team my sense is that this regime isn't inclined to take the costly splash free agent pickup approach but would rather spread out the wealth and get quality mid-level type players. An example of that is how McDermont added Poyer and Hyde to the backside. Or another way of looking at it is getting good bang for the buck. 

I have said since the hiring of McDermott that this is in my mind a four year rebuild project. Hopefully the leap forward will come next year with an infusion of talent from the free agent market (mostly mid-level)  and the draft. The timetable was set back when Pegula made the peculiar hire of Rex. Not only was his two year stint a set back but another couple of years will be invested in cleaning out his cupboard of players. That's what happens when you lurch back and forth from one system to another. Exponential foolishness!

This is going to be a tough year. When this regime decided to absorb the accumulated cap in one year that indicated that the franchise was going to take a big gut wrenching hit this year hoping that it would more quickly clean the slate for more additions in the near future. Obviously, there is a strategy. The issue is whether that strategy can be properly executed to get them out of the hole that they dug for themselves. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.