2019 Mock Drafts and top prospects

thunderingsquid

On 5/7/2018 at 11:35 AM, elijah said:

For the guys that watch full film rather than highlight reels on these players..

Are there any resources outside of a youtube search?

My favorite resource is by watching the games during the season.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/7/2018 at 11:35 AM, elijah said:

For the guys that watch full film rather than highlight reels on these players..

Are there any resources outside of a youtube search?

I downloaded the Cover 1 app and there are some great articles and links on there and their podcasts are excellent.  

I usually use Walter Football as a sort of stepping off point and then do my research from there, I just get my names from there and then look in to them using their college's media as a guide.  The local colleges of each player usually do an excellent job.  I know there are not a lot of WF fans on here but they do a decent job of listing folks to put on your radar.  

I follow Erik Turner, Aaron Quinn and Nate Geary on twitter, they have a lot of links to some in depth draft research if not some great observations of their own.  

On 4/29/2018 at 9:46 PM, thunderingsquid said:

This is great stuff.  It will get me through long days in the cubicle.  And what will be an aggravating stretch until training camp.  Thank goodness for fantasy baseball.

Unless you own a lot of Mets... :bag:

Edited by Golden Goat
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/31/2018 at 4:07 PM, Bill from NYC said:

It feels good that the only Crimson Tide player on the list was Damien Harris. He is a very good player but there really might be 5 or 6 better players on the Tide offense.

I'm not even joking.

And I worry about wear and tear on Alabama RBs and defensive players.  I hope they don't run him into the ground this season because I can see us reaching for him in the late first or in the 2nd.  

On 5/11/2018 at 8:38 AM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Here's an early and unrefined look: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2019/wide-receiver/

That's not a very deep FA class next year.  I gave it a 3.25 out of five, compared with the guards and tackles are a 4.5 out of 5 - I can see us blowing a lot of all that cap space next year on olinemen.  

However the WR rookie class is very deep, there are 5 guys with a first round grade, a whopping 8 with a 2nd round grade and then 2 with a 3rd round grade and 3 with a 4th.

It would be a good year to go out and get a wideout if Zay doesn't perform.  Although I think he will make a big leap forward.  

So i broke down the draft and this is what I came up with as far as the depth per position (and listed the free agent market after that).  Remember this is just my estimate of the depth by looking at round projections in the draft and it would not be complete without a look at the free agent market, so i included the depth of free agents by contract value on Spotrac.com.  It's all on a 5 point scale, and by our needs at this point (WR, RB, TE, C, G, T, OLB, DT, CB)  I think we're OK at S, ILB, DE, FB, QB for now.  I included notable names with each entry.  

WR:  4   (5 in rd1, 8 in rd2, 2 in rd3, 3 in rd4) - Brown, Johnson, Richards, Samuel, etc.

RB:  2.5  (2 in rd1, 4 in rd2, 2 in rd3, 9 in rd4) - Love, Harris, Scott, Snell, etc.  

TE:  1.5  (0 in rd1, 3 in rd2, 2 in rd3, 5 in rd4) - Wilson, Petite, Conrad

OC:  2    (1 in rd1, 2 in rd2, 1 in rd3, 10 in rd4) - Jenkins, Risner, Burkett

OG:  2   (0 in rd1, 1 in rd2, 7 in rd3, 8 in rd4) - Benschwazel, Bars, Piersbarshger

OT:  4   (3 in rd1, 6 in rd2, 5 in rd3, 6 in rd4) - Adams, Williams, Little

OLB:  4   (5 in rd1, 8 in rd2, 2 in rd3, 3 in rd4) - Allen, Jennings, Burns

DT:  4   (5 in rd1, 8 in rd2, 2 in rd3, 3 in rd4) - Lawrence, Oliver, Gary

CB:  3.5   (5 in rd1, 8 in rd2, 2 in rd3, 3 in rd4) - Baker, Beal, Jackson, etc.  

Edge: 4   (5 in rd1, 8 in rd2, 2 in rd3, 3 in rd4) - Bosa, Ferrell, Jackson

Free Agents

WR:  2.75 - Fitzgerald, Cobb, Moncrief

RB:  2.75 - Bell, Murray, Lynch

TE:  3.5 - Walker, Eifert, Cook

C - 3.75 -  Kalil, Jones, Easton

G:  4.5 - Iupati, Levitre, Saffold

OT:  4.5  - Brown, Veldheer, Massie

OLB:  4 - Matthews, Orakpo, Morgan

DT:  4 - Suh, Atkins, Richardson

CB:  3.25 - Jackson, Grimes, Claiborne

Edge:  4 - Ansah, Lawrence, Wake

Again, it's really freaking early but I can see us reaching for a RB, getting another WR in the early rounds, building off of Edmunds and getting an OLB in rds 1-3, passing on a lot of olinemen (the draft is really sparse at this point except for tackle) and signing a lot of FA o linemen and probably overpaying a little bit.  But definitely not Whaley type of overpaying. And I'd love to see Delanie Walker in a Bills uniform.  

Man, this is going to be a long off season.  Less than 100 days to kickoff though! 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

And I worry about wear and tear on Alabama RBs and defensive players.  I hope they don't run him into the ground this season because I can see us reaching for him in the late first or in the 2nd.  

Not to worry if they are healthy. Najee Harris will probably be a much better RB than Damien this year, I kid you not. He is bigger, stronger and even faster. He still has to produce but he is a freak. They also have a kid named Bryan Robinson and he too is a big monster. I once heard Bo Scarborough in an interview saying how good this kid is.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:11 PM, thunderingsquid said:

So i broke down the draft and this is what I came up with as far as the depth per position (and listed the free agent market after that).  Remember this is just my estimate of the depth by looking at round projections in the draft and it would not be complete without a look at the free agent market, so i included the depth of free agents by contract value on Spotrac.com.  It's all on a 5 point scale, and by our needs at this point (WR, RB, TE, C, G, T, OLB, DT, CB)  I think we're OK at S, ILB, DE, FB, QB for now.  I included notable names with each entry.  

WR:  4   (5 in rd1, 8 in rd2, 2 in rd3, 3 in rd4) - Brown, Johnson, Richards, Samuel, etc.

RB:  2.5  (2 in rd1, 4 in rd2, 2 in rd3, 9 in rd4) - Love, Harris, Scott, Snell, etc.  

TE:  1.5  (0 in rd1, 3 in rd2, 2 in rd3, 5 in rd4) - Wilson, Petite, Conrad

OC:  2    (1 in rd1, 2 in rd2, 1 in rd3, 10 in rd4) - Jenkins, Risner, Burkett

OG:  2   (0 in rd1, 1 in rd2, 7 in rd3, 8 in rd4) - Benschwazel, Bars, Piersbarshger

OT:  4   (3 in rd1, 6 in rd2, 5 in rd3, 6 in rd4) - Adams, Williams, Little

OLB:  4   (5 in rd1, 8 in rd2, 2 in rd3, 3 in rd4) - Allen, Jennings, Burns

DT:  4   (5 in rd1, 8 in rd2, 2 in rd3, 3 in rd4) - Lawrence, Oliver, Gary

CB:  3.5   (5 in rd1, 8 in rd2, 2 in rd3, 3 in rd4) - Baker, Beal, Jackson, etc.  

Edge: 4   (5 in rd1, 8 in rd2, 2 in rd3, 3 in rd4) - Bosa, Ferrell, Jackson

Free Agents

WR:  2.75 - Fitzgerald, Cobb, Moncrief

RB:  2.75 - Bell, Murray, Lynch

TE:  3.5 - Walker, Eifert, Cook

C - 3.75 -  Kalil, Jones, Easton

G:  4.5 - Iupati, Levitre, Saffold

OT:  4.5  - Brown, Veldheer, Massie

OLB:  4 - Matthews, Orakpo, Morgan

DT:  4 - Suh, Atkins, Richardson

CB:  3.25 - Jackson, Grimes, Claiborne

Edge:  4 - Ansah, Lawrence, Wake

Again, it's really freaking early but I can see us reaching for a RB, getting another WR in the early rounds, building off of Edmunds and getting an OLB in rds 1-3, passing on a lot of olinemen (the draft is really sparse at this point except for tackle) and signing a lot of FA o linemen and probably overpaying a little bit.  But definitely not Whaley type of overpaying. And I'd love to see Delanie Walker in a Bills uniform.  

Man, this is going to be a long off season.  Less than 100 days to kickoff though! 

Thanks for such a well thought post. Keep 'em coming, this will be a wild season in college football.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kinda great how it's a great OL, WR, DL class and those are three of our biggest needs.

Call me crazy but I'm already day dreaming about adding these two players with our first two picks

1. Kelvin Harmon-WR North Carolina State 6'3 213

2. David Montgomery-RB Iowa State 5'11 216

Surround Josh Allen with weapons

• Like (+1) 1

Marino's 2019 NFL Mock Draft 1.0 - The Draft Network

No. 2 – Buffalo Bills (Super Bowl odds: 100/1)

PICK: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
Just like Arizona at No. 1, Buffalo has its franchise quarterback and would ideally use its top pick on improving the offensive infrastructure around Josh Allen. With that said, picking at No. 2 and NOT picking Oliver is an unforgivable sin. Kyle Williams’ career is winding down, and a glance at Buffalo’s defensive tackle group does not reveal a penetration-style player to serve as a three-technique in Sean McDermott’s 4-3 defense.

Problem solved by drafting Oliver who offers rare burst, strength, block-shedding skills and agility for an interior player. He has the upside to impact a defense like we’ve seen from Aaron Donald in LA.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.