7th Round (2 Picks)

Manny Patterson

UMaine

DB

Joshua Huffman

UMaine

DB

(He’s from Buffalo!)

That my friend would be one EXCELLENT 4th round for the Buffalo Bills football team!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/14/2018 at 6:04 PM, elijah said:

Not exaclty; but I'm also early in the process compared to where I was at this time last year. 

Deebo Samuel is a unique talent, but a troubled injury history will likely keep him out of a Bills uniform, and even if we did take the gamble on him, I wouldn't expect much out of him. 

If the Bill's can get deebo they need to. He is a game changer.

On 12/15/2018 at 6:35 PM, Bill from NYC said:

That my friend would be one EXCELLENT 4th round for the Buffalo Bills football team!!!

If Jacob's lasts till the 4th that would be a steal!

• Like (+1) 1

10. Buffalo Bills

D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
The Bills have so many needs, you almost can’t go wrong here. I’ve opted to give them the most high-ceiling wide receiver in the draft in Metcalf, a player who can grow with Josh Allen while providing vertical and contested catch ability down the field. The fit is great, it’s just a matter of Metcalf continuing to develop at the next level.

41. Buffalo Bills: David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin
  • Like (+1) 2

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:35 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Gotham Bill, Any Bama bench players who don't get much playing time available who can be drafted and be a bargain pickup a la Foster and Levi Wallace? 

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

10. Buffalo Bills: Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan

For the Bills, Gary is a player who can line up on the outside and on the inside. The former No. 1 overall high school recruit was banged up for much of this season, but when he’s healthy he can make an impact.

Do you consider him to be as good as Montez Sweat? I don't consider myself an expert but I saw Sweat play a few times this year and imo he has the potential to be a great player.

I am firmly on the Metcalf/Little/Williams train, but Gary would be so tough to pass up.  He is going to put it all together and be a monster (which is tough to say given I went to OSU...).   A starting line of Gary/Shaq-Star-Phillips^2-Hughes, with Murphy, Shaq/Gary, lesser Phillips and Yarborough rotating could give us our best DL since Bruce was here.  He would give us so many options...

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

36 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I am firmly on the Metcalf/Little/Williams train, but Gary would be so tough to pass up.  He is going to put it all together and be a monster (which is tough to say given I went to OSU...).   A starting line of Gary/Shaq-Star-Phillips^2-Hughes, with Murphy, Shaq/Gary, lesser Phillips and Yarborough rotating could give us our best DL since Bruce was here.  He would give us so many options...

It’s also a deep class at WR, and TE, while the value at RB and OL is more in the mid rounds anyways.

Id rather take Gary and someone like Arcega-Whiteside or Anthony Johnson in the second, as opposed to reaching on Metcalf (who looks good, but raw)

ideally, id love to drop back into the mid to late teens and take the best WR, TE, or Pass rusher on the board and then go from there. 

21 hours ago, JohnC said:

Gotham Bill, Any Bama bench players who don't get much playing time available who can be drafted and be a bargain pickup a la Foster and Levi Wallace? 

Not as many as last year. Don't forget they had 16 players drafted and 4 udfas signed last year. The players that the other poster listed are 2 that I will be keeping a sharp eye on.

Jacobs is essentially a 3rd string RB but he is behind Damien Harris and Najee Harris (true soph). Lately he has seen more action. He is only 5'10" but he doesn't care; he is a gamer and fights for every yard. He is listed at 216 but I absolutely don't believe it. I would say he is closer to 205. Imo he will be a great target out of the backfield. He is more quick than fast but he has pro skills. Will he be there in round 4? I say probably.

Isiah Buggs plays end in Saban's 3/4. I see him as a DT in the NFL. He isn't a speedster but he pushes through the line and has tackles for a loss, and even sack. He is extremely hard to push backwards, is said to be a very hard worker and a team leader. He doesn't have the flash of a Jonathan Allen so he won't go as soon but with Kyle aging, I really would love to see him on the Bills.

Btw John, player after player from the Tide is tearing up the NFL this year in addition to our 2 steals. Last week, 2 safeties (Jackson and Fitzpatrick) had game saving interceptions. Jonathan Allen and Payne are kicking ass, as is Drake on Miami. And what about Derrick Henry? I think the has over 430 yards and 6 tds.....in the last 2 games. :)

I guess the nonsense about Tide players being system players instead of stars can be put to rest, no? ;)

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Not as many as last year. Don't forget they had 16 players drafted and 4 udfas signed last year. The players that the other poster listed are 2 that I will be keeping a sharp eye on.

Jacobs is essentially a 3rd string RB but he is behind Damien Harris and Najee Harris (true soph). Lately he has seen more action. He is only 5'10" but he doesn't care; he is a gamer and fights for every yard. He is listed at 216 but I absolutely don't believe it. I would say he is closer to 205. Imo he will be a great target out of the backfield. He is more quick than fast but he has pro skills. Will he be there in round 4? I say probably.

Isiah Buggs plays end in Saban's 3/4. I see him as a DT in the NFL. He isn't a speedster but he pushes through the line and has tackles for a loss, and even sack. He is extremely hard to push backwards, is said to be a very hard worker and a team leader. He doesn't have the flash of a Jonathan Allen so he won't go as soon but with Kyle aging, I really would love to see him on the Bills.

Btw John, player after player from the Tide is tearing up the NFL this year in addition to our 2 steals. Last week, 2 safeties (Jackson and Fitzpatrick) had game saving interceptions. Jonathan Allen and Payne are kicking ass, as is Drake on Miami. And what about Derrick Henry? I think the has over 430 yards and 6 tds.....in the last 2 games. :)

I guess the nonsense about Tide players being system players instead of stars can be put to rest, no? ;)

Thanks for the info. Talent is talent. Some back of the draft players take more time to develop but if you hit on a few your roster is going to be upgraded. One benefit that is missed by some is that these lower picks and UDFA have a tremendous work ethic to prove that they are good enough and worthy enough to make the roster. These long shots help to create a culture and attitude that nothing is given and everything is earned. 

The Bills have a lot of needs. We sure can use a between the tackles runner who hits the hole hard and doesn't dance around. I wouldn't use a high pick to address this need but hopefully lower in the draft that position can be addressed. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am familiar with Hollywood Brown and N'Keal Harry...but I am not so familiar with the apparent top WR in the draft, DK Metcalf.

Can anyone who IS familiar with him fill me in on some details? What is body type, speed, playing style, etc? Player comparisons?

Given that the Bills have fallen to the 10th pick, I fear the top two OTs will be off the board and, as such, am warming to the idea of using a top pick on a WR. 

It's interesting that Greedy Williams keeps coming up in my mocks.  

Imagine having bookend Tiger CBs for years and years to come.  Until contract time of course.  

9: R1P9

CB GREEDY WILLIAMS
LSU
41: R2P9

WR A.J. BROWN
MISSISSIPPI
72: R3P8

G BEAU BENZSCHAWEL
WISCONSIN
111: R4P9

C ERIK MCCOY
TEXAS A&M
133: R4P31

OT TYREE ST. LOUIS
MIAMI
148: R5P9

TE DAX RAYMOND
UTAH STATE
163: R5P24

EDGE CORBIN KAUFUSI
BYU
184: R6P9

DL RICKY WALKER
VIRGINIA TECH
225: R7P9

RB DEXTER WILLIAMS
NOTRE DAME
228: R7P12

WR TERRY GODWIN
GEORGIA
1 hour ago, Logic said:

I am familiar with Hollywood Brown and N'Keal Harry...but I am not so familiar with the apparent top WR in the draft, DK Metcalf.

Can anyone who IS familiar with him fill me in on some details? What is body type, speed, playing style, etc? Player comparisons?

Given that the Bills have fallen to the 10th pick, I fear the top two OTs will be off the board and, as such, am warming to the idea of using a top pick on a WR. 

Big play ability, big body, good speed for his size, great red zone target too.  Some injury concerns and not a lot of playing time.  Doesn't fit the 4 year starter mold that we've seen from McBeane but who knows?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.