2019 Mock Drafts and top prospects

thunderingsquid

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Yodny is a MAN!  I think he's a walk-in starter for sure, but your prediction would shock me

Philly, Dallas, NO and Indianapolis all have top tier OLs. All are contenders for the SB and all of them have put their qbs in a good position to succeed. The Bills are in a good draft position to upgrade its faltering line. You fix a problem by addressing it. This must be a priority this offseason. 

16 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Yodny is a MAN!  I think he's a walk-in starter for sure, but your prediction would shock me

Fortune favours the brave, my friend.

I think Yodny is the total package. I expect that he'll test really well, especially in the 3-cone. Add into the equation that he's technically, athletically and conceptually head and shoulders above Greg Little and the NFL has proven time and again that they'll overthink Jonah because of his length, I think he stands a real chance of being OT1 come April.

On 1/8/2019 at 8:48 AM, Blokestradamus said:

Fortune favours the brave, my friend.

I think Yodny is the total package. I expect that he'll test really well, especially in the 3-cone. Add into the equation that he's technically, athletically and conceptually head and shoulders above Greg Little and the NFL has proven time and again that they'll overthink Jonah because of his length, I think he stands a real chance of being OT1 come April.

Then let's hope he is there at #9. Good to hear from you, btw. The other day I was just wondering what happened to you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 WR- N’Keal Harry- Ari. St.

2 OL- Michael Deiter- Wisc.

3 TE- TJ Hockenson- Iowa

4 DE- Austin Bryant-Clem

4 WR- Paris Campbell-Ohio St. 

5 LB- Khalil Hodge-Buf 

5 RB- Trayveon Williams Tex A&M

6 DT- I. Sopoaga- 

7 CB- Mark Fields- Clem

7 RB-LJ Scott- Mich. St.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

1 WR- N’Keal Harry- Ari. St.

2 OL- Michael Deiter- Wisc.

3 TE- TJ Hockenson- Iowa

4 DE- Austin Bryant-Clem

4 WR- Paris Campbell-Ohio St. 

5 LB- Khalil Hodge-Buf 

5 RB- Trayveon Williams Tex A&M

6 DT- I. Sopoaga- 

7 CB- Mark Fields- Clem

7 RB-LJ Scott- Mich. St.

Sorry but..........YUCK

On 1/7/2019 at 9:13 AM, Dkollidas said:

i just don’t think they’ll want to use #9 to select the 5th best defensive lineman in this class. I would think they’d believe that the guy they select at #9 will be closer in value to the guys selected at the end of Round 1 or start of Round 2, than to the players selected ahead of them. 

I never understand this logic.  If the 5th best DL is rated higher than the best punter, then I pick the DL.  Yes this is an extreme example to prove the point but pick the best player.

52 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I never understand this logic.  If the 5th best DL is rated higher than the best punter, then I pick the DL.  Yes this is an extreme example to prove the point but pick the best player.

I hear you. But if they feel the #1 WR is close to the #5 DL, I’d take the #1 WR. He’s your top rated guy of the entire class, you have your choice of everyone at the position. Get a hit on it. And I think this example is very realistic in regards to this year’s draft because right now there’s so many intriguing receivers, but no clear cut ranking. 

Metcalf, Harry, M. Brown, AJ Brown, Harmon, Ridley.  There’s a lot of talent, and while it might not be as highly praised as the D-Linemen, I’d rather take my shot at the guy that I like the most that would be a fit with my QB, rather than a DL that might have the best numbers and measurable s but might not be a fit for my staff, or my scheme, or my locker room. 

Edited by Dkollidas

On 1/12/2019 at 10:02 PM, Dr. Who said:

Then let's hope he is there at #9. Good to hear from you, btw. The other day I was just wondering what happened to you.

I'd be over the moon to get him. I'd expect him to be a day 1 starter at LT and you can work out where Dion fits into the equation in TC.

I plan to be a little more active now that the season is over. Just needed some time to figure out my mental health.

• Like (+1) 5

36 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I'd be over the moon to get him. I'd expect him to be a day 1 starter at LT and you can work out where Dion fits into the equation in TC.

I plan to be a little more active now that the season is over. Just needed some time to figure out my mental health.

Enjoy your insights regarding potential draft picks. I pray you are doing well. I have suffered from dysthymia for decades, so I have compassion for and empathize with folks who struggle. 

I keep hearing that Dawkins would likely be a superlative LG. I'd like to get D. Williams for RT and Paradis or Morse, depending on scheme, for C. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

I just want you to know that I wish you nothing but the best from a health standpoint. I consider you to be one of the premier posters here when commenting on evaluating college prospects and pro players. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

I just want you to know that I wish you nothing but the best from a health standpoint. I consider you to be one of the premier posters here when commenting on evaluating college prospects and pro players. 

16 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Enjoy your insights regarding potential draft picks. I pray you are doing well. I have suffered from dysthymia for decades, so I have compassion for and empathize with folks who struggle. 

I keep hearing that Dawkins would likely be a superlative LG. I'd like to get D. Williams for RT and Paradis or Morse, depending on scheme, for C.

I appreciate the kind words, fellas. This community really has been good to me, especially over the last year or so, as I've tackled my issues. I don't want to derail the thread but the support really has helped me and it means the world to me.

Back to football before I start crying - I really could go for Cajuste/Dawkins/Paradis at LT/LG/C. I'm a believer that attitude means something on the OL and those guys are all brute force finishers. If Paradis is healthy enough after 2 hip surgeries and a broken leg, he's my #1 free agent OL. He's a joy to watch and so technically sound.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Blokestradamus said:

I appreciate the kind words, fellas. This community really has been good to me, especially over the last year or so, as I've tackled my issues. I don't want to derail the thread but the support really has helped me and it means the world to me.

Back to football before I start crying - I really could go for Cajuste/Dawkins/Paradis at LT/LG/C. I'm a believer that attitude means something on the OL and those guys are all brute force finishers. If Paradis is healthy enough after 2 hip surgeries and a broken leg, he's my #1 free agent OL. He's a joy to watch and so technically sound.

I would love to at least build one dominant side on the oline this offseason. I could absolutely live with that if the other side was just average.

4 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

What happened to RG John Miller? I thought he was going to be a mainstay player and play a position that we didn't have to worry about for a long time. Was it coaching, changing of schemes or just over-rating a player. And what are the prospects of Teller starting and being effective? 

If Miller can be salvaged and Teller slotted in then the overhaul of the line would be less of a task, assuming a tackle such as Cajuste or Jonah Williams can be added to the mix. I also contend that getting a tough between the tackle runner through free agency or the draft should be a priority. 

Recently a NFL analyst stated on the radio that the most important coaching job on a team was the OL coach. I believe that  We have to get this staffing position right. 

20 hours ago, JohnC said:

What happened to RG John Miller? I thought he was going to be a mainstay player and play a position that we didn't have to worry about for a long time. Was it coaching, changing of schemes or just over-rating a player. And what are the prospects of Teller starting and being effective? 

If Miller can be salvaged and Teller slotted in then the overhaul of the line would be less of a task, assuming a tackle such as Cajuste or Jonah Williams can be added to the mix. I also contend that getting a tough between the tackle runner through free agency or the draft should be a priority. 

Recently a NFL analyst stated on the radio that the most important coaching job on a team was the OL coach. I believe that  We have to get this staffing position right. 

Coaching and continuity on the O-line are huge. Having the entire left side of the line and the guy making the protection adjustments changed in one offseason is less than ideal. I can't really fault the front office for it as the deal for Cordy was a good one and the others were enforced by injury and batshit crazy. The OL needs an overhaul and a true identity, the current group is a mismatched bunch that doesn't seem to mesh well together.

As far as Miller goes, I believe he's got enough about him to be a low-end starter in the league. I know PFF grades for OL aren't the Holy Grail but he was their most improved Year 2 player in 2016. John is a straight-up power guard and he was a victim of the change to Dennison/Castillo being more schooled in zone principles. We can forget that these guys are human and he's played like a guy that's not confident in himself recently. He's still just 25 years old and I think a change of scenery would be best for him.

With Teller, I've been a fan of his for a while and was delighted that we picked him up. I see no harm in giving him 16 games next year to see how much he can develop. I don't think young OL can develop on the bench and his rookie reps will serve him well for the future.

• Like (+1) 4

Agree with Blokes about Cajuste.  Not sure he goes top 5 but he definitely goes top 10 and is going to be the first offensive lineman taken.  We have seen this before - the early offseason "consensus" top LT is a technician who probably has hit his ceiling already (Jonah) - they almost always get leapfrogged by an athletic riser who tests well at the combine and has room to grow into the position.  That's Cajuste - his ceiling is higher than any other offensive lineman in the class.  And it wouldn't shock me at all if the Bills are hoping he falls to 9 - he'd be the pick in a heartbeat.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.