2019 Mock Drafts and top prospects

thunderingsquid

21 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I put together a pair of 4-round mock drafts for just the Bills picks based on who we’ve been scouting so far this year:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/12/11/18136298/who-the-bills-have-been-scouting-update-featuring-a-4-round-bills

10 picks - 0 OTs and 1 Guard.......Sounds about right for a Bills draft. That said, thanks for not tossing in a first round defensive back. ;)

Edited by Bill from NYC

50 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

10 picks - 0 OTs and 1 Guard.......Sounds about right for a Bills draft. That said, thanks for not tossing in a first round defensive back. ;)

Relatively speaking, they haven't done as much work on OLine guys (as far as we know) as they have on other positions, so my hope is that they either plan on investing in free agency there and then maybe 1 or 2 rookies sprinkled in, or they simply feel comfortable scouting OLine on film rather than having to go see them in person.

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

hello old friend.  You have been banging drum for offensive line for decades.  The Bills have still not learned from your wisdom

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

hello old friend.  You have been banging drum for offensive line for decades.  The Bills have still not learned from your wisdom

I am not claiming to be so wise lol, but it doesn't appear that the Bills will ever value blocking. Whenever they had a quality LT he seemed to have been gone in an instant and this goes all the way back to Wolford. At this point many fans even WANT the Bills to focus on defensive backs in round 1 of this draft, which they will probably do.

I like to think that the new regime wouldn't be that stupid but I don't know. They passed on 2 star QBs to trade down and draft a 1st round corner.

I'm trying to be patient but McDermott is starting to wear thin on me. He reminds me too much of a clapping Jauron.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/9/2018 at 5:08 AM, Joeziehmer said:

Mock Draft

1st Round: Bryce Love

Running back out of Stanford good speed and good body awareness and vision.

2nd Round: Sam Mustipher

Cenrer out of Notre Dame good body control and agility fighting to avoid sacks and tackles for loss at the point of attack

3rd Round: LJ Scott

Bruising running back Michigan State for short yardage situations and jumbo packages at the goal line

4th Round (2 Picks)

Jalen Jelks 

A bigger and healthier addition to the line backing and defensive end core.  Which could help ease uncertainty with Trent Murphy facing recurring injuries.  Out of University of Oregon

Mitchell Wilcox

Tight-end our of South Florida a competent replacement for Clay.  Good body awareness and a target for Allen in the clutch.  

5th Round (2 Picks)

Dalton Risner

Kansas State good pick up to bolster the line and provide dept.  Offensive tackle good drive off the call compliments Sam Mustipher.

David Edwards

Wisconsin offensive tackle; big and an impact player to suck up double teams in pass protection and run blocking.

6th Round

Marquise Brown 

Oklahoma wide receiver for possession and short range quick out for Allen.

7th Round (2 Picks)

Kevin Harmon

North Carolina State wide receiver big body for blocking and targets over the middle for Allen.  Will play smart and be a good over the middle type playing smart with his body in space.

Julian Love

Notre Dame corner back providing good depth in the rotational secondary and zone coverage schemes.  

The mock draft I did from the main Bills board.  Although would look at Tolen Avery in Round 6 or 7 of Liberty University Flames as a quick and light defensive tackle on rotation or a defensive end quick pass edge rusher.  

Is there a reason why you put this in enlarged font other then just being a *****?

20 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am not claiming to be so wise lol, but it doesn't appear that the Bills will ever value blocking. Whenever they got a quality LT he seems to be gone in an instant and this goes all the way back to Wolford. At this point many fans even WANT the Bills to focus on defensive backs in round 1 of this draft, which they will probably do.

I like to think that the new regime wouldn't be that stupid but I don't know. They passed on 2 star QBs to trade down and draft a 1st round corner.

I'm trying to be patient but McDermott is starting to wear thin on me. He reminds me too much of a clapping Jauron.

Jonah is my top pick

Mine

6: R1P6

OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA
38: R2P6

WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA
70: R3P6

OT JAWAAN TAYLOR
FLORIDA
108: R4P6

WR HAKEEM BUTLER
IOWA STATE
133: R4P31

TE CALEB WILSON
UCLA
145: R5P6

C GARRETT BRADBURY
NC STATE
162: R5P23

RB MYLES GASKIN
WASHINGTON
181: R6P6

G ALEX BARS
NOTRE DAME
222: R7P6

LB JOE DINEEN JR.
KANSAS
230: R7P14

S LUKAS DENIS
BOSTON COLLEGE

2019 NFL Mock Draft: Three quarterbacks land in top 14, Ravens add sleeper pass-rusher

If we get Dwayne Haskins and Justin Herbert in the 2019 NFL Draft, I think we'll see three quarterbacks land in the first round.

But how early will they be selected?

In this mock, a trio of teams picking in the top half of Round 1 can't pass on quarterbacks.

The draft order is based on SportsLine's current win projections.

4. Buffalo Bills

Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama. The Bills want Josh Allen's strong arm to be the feature of their passing offense, and they need high-caliber blocking to provide time for receivers running long-developing routes to come open. Williams is the instant starter at right tackle and was tremendous in all phases in that position as a freshman in 2016.
  • Like (+1) 2

Just finished up some tape on Metcalf.. Why so much love?

I see a riddled injury history, broken feet and neck surgeries don't just disappear.  These are recurring injuries. His athletic talent is surely bright and dazzling, but what about the intangible receiving skills?  Those matter too.  He's got very, very limited experience in a complete route tree, almost all of his (little) production came from vertical routes and he had extremely inconsistent hands.  He's a low day 2, high day 3 project pick.  I don't see a first rounder and solution at number one receiver out of him. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, elijah said:

Just finished up some tape on Metcalf.. Why so much love?

I see a riddled injury history, broken feet and neck surgeries don't just disappear.  These are recurring injuries. His athletic talent is surely bright and dazzling, but what about the intangible receiving skills?  Those matter too.  He's got very, very limited experience in a complete route tree, almost all of his (little) production came from vertical routes and he had extremely inconsistent hands.  He's a low day 2, high day 3 project pick.  I don't see a first rounder and solution at number one receiver out of him. 

Is there a WR you scouted that can fill the void?

1 hour ago, the skycap said:

Is there a WR you scouted that can fill the void?

Not exaclty; but I'm also early in the process compared to where I was at this time last year. 

Deebo Samuel is a unique talent, but a troubled injury history will likely keep him out of a Bills uniform, and even if we did take the gamble on him, I wouldn't expect much out of him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.