2019 Mock Drafts and top prospects

thunderingsquid

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

They need clicks.

I think there is some Ryan Nassib factor too. This is not a good class at all in my opinion so finding this unheralded guy to suddenly point to at least generates conversation. 

I would hate to be a team that needs a QB from this class. 

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think there is some Ryan Nassib factor too. This is not a good class at all in my opinion so finding this unheralded guy to suddenly point to at least generates conversation. 

Agreed 110% , this class is terrible.

I'm surprised Eric Dungey and Trace McSorley aren't getting more attention because of it.

Really hope we get Dungey and use him like Taysom Hill.

I want McSorley as our Edelman

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You don't think someone will want Lock or Herbert? I think that's the best case scenario. Dropping down 10 spots and taking Marquise Brown. There will be at least 2-3 high quality OL prospects available in the 2nd. Elgton Jenkins or one of those Wisconsin boys. This is the year to trade down for sure, the 2nd round is where we need as many picks as possible. Trade down twice if you have to.

• Like (+1) 1

CB to keep an eye on especially if he tests/times well is JoeJuan Williams, Vanderbilt.  Was at the game last night and found out he's going pro.  I love his game and frame for the position.  Doesn't give up a lot of big plays, staggers WR's at the line with length and is tough to pass the football over at 6'3.  

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

CB to keep an eye on especially if he tests/times well is JoeJuan Williams, Vanderbilt.  Was at the game last night and found out he's going pro.  I love his game and frame for the position.  Doesn't give up a lot of big plays, staggers WR's at the line with length and is tough to pass the football over at 6'3.  

There's good free agent CBs we can sign, same can't be said for G, C and RT, three of our biggest needs. Bare cupboard for this FA OL class. Got to draft at least 3.

I think there are also a couple of decent FAs at WR as well. Tavon Austin on a cheap prove it type of deal and go after John Brown hard, offer him Robert Woods money. 

Yeah CB and WR should be addressed in FA, there's decent options there. Take the rest of our needs to the draft.

Edited by NewDayBills
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

There's good free agent CBs we can sign, same can't be said for G, C and RT, three of our biggest needs. Bare cupboard for this FA OL class. Got to draft at least 3.

I think there are also a couple of decent FAs at WR as well. Tavon Austin on a cheap prove it type of deal and go after John Brown hard, offer him Robert Woods money. 

Yeah CB and WR should be addressed in FA, there's decent options there. Take the rest of our needs to the draft.

I don't agree with your assessment of the FA class. I think there are multiple good interior offensive line options (it is thinner at RT) and almost nobody worth signing at Wide Receiver. 

In terms of interior OL options there are:

Top End

Ramon Foster - G - PIT

Matt Paradis - C - DEN

Billy Turner - G - DEN

Quinton Spain - G - TEN

Ryan Kalil - C - CAR (though likely to retire)

Mid range upgrades

Nick Easton - C/G - MIN 

Mitch Morse - C - KC

Tom Compton - G - MIN

AJ Cann - G - JAX

Ben Garland - G - ATL

Older vets who can do 1/2 years

Roger Saffold - G - LAR

Andy Levitre - G - ATL

Mike Iupati - G - ARI

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't agree with your assessment of the FA class. I think there are multiple good interior offensive line options (it is thinner at RT) and almost nobody worth signing at Wide Receiver. 

Top End

Ramon Foster - G - PIT

Matt Paradis - C - DEN

Billy Turner - G - DEN

Quinton Spain - G - TEN

Mid range upgrades

Nick Easton - C/G - MIN 

Mitch Morse - C - KC

Tom Compton - G - MIN

AJ Cann - G - JAX

Ben Garland - G - ATL

Roger Saffold - G - LAR

Andy Levitre - G - ATL

Mike Iupati - G - ARI

What's your assessment of the Bills's RG John Miller. I thought he was going to be anchored as a guard for us for a long time. It just seems that he hasn't solidified his position and his long term prospects with us is very precarious. Is he a system player who was affected by a system change? Does he have slow feet which is a death trait in this league? What's his problem. Sometimes I see him make a clean sturdy block and then other times I see him completely miss as if he is blocking a phantom. 

If the Bills can draft a player such as Bama's  Williams who is a plug and play player and add another interior lineman from free agency our OL can significantly be improved. If Teller can develop then a line that is currently obvious deficient can become better than average. And if you factor in that the qb play can be much better in Allen's sophomore year then the play of the OL should naturally improve. .

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Top End

Ramon Foster - G - PIT

Matt Paradis - C - DEN

Billy Turner - G - DEN

Quinton Spain - G - TEN

Mid range upgrades

Nick Easton - C/G - MIN 

Mitch Morse - C - KC

Tom Compton - G - MIN

AJ Cann - G - JAX

Ben Garland - G - ATL

Roger Saffold - G - LAR

Andy Levitre - G - ATL

Mike Iupati - G - ARI

This is a rather good draft for OL. I'd rather draft a bunch of elite prospects in a deep draft than to spend money there. Trade down not only once but twice if you have to. Elgton Jenkins should be our 1st pick and hopefully at the bottom of RD1. Too many good OL prospects RDS1-4 to mention. Load up. Sign LeVeon Bell to run behind our elite OL. Go after John Brown and Tavon Austin to go with Zay at WR. I'd offer EJ Gaines a contract to come back but Buffalo could also look to Bradley Roby perhaps. Definitely bring back Matt Barkley on a 2 yr deal and draft a midround QB to develop behind them.

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Williams should be a 2nd/3rd rounder, not a first.  So I still think he's someone to look at.

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

This is a rather good draft for OL. I'd rather draft a bunch of elite prospects in a deep draft than to spend money there. Trade down not only once but twice if you have to. Elgton Jenkins should be our 1st pick and hopefully at the bottom of RD1. Too many good OL prospects RDS1-4 to mention. Load up. Sign LeVeon Bell to run behind our elite OL. Go after John Brown and Tavon Austin to go with Zay at WR. I'd offer EJ Gaines a contract to come back but Buffalo could also look to Bradley Roby perhaps. Definitely bring back Matt Barkley on a 2 yr deal and draft a midround QB to develop behind them.

John Brown is a complimentary piece at best and Tavon sucks. On the OL I think we need some guys who can come in and be upgrades immediately. Not rookies who will have growing pains and a learning curve. 

I would try and sign at least two OL in FA and take one in the first 3 rounds. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

John Brown is a complimentary piece at best and Tavon sucks. On the OL I think we need some guys who can come in and be upgrades immediately. Not rookies who will have growing pains and a learning curve. 

I would try and sign at least two OL in FA and take one in the first 3 rounds. 

This is EXACTLY where I’m at. Paradis and Saffold in FA and another guy that can play OT in the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nope. He injured his knee again and has been set back two-three weeks pre Applewhite. 

And that will probably end his college career.

they aren’t playing in the AAC championship and he might not play in the bowl.

makes a lot more sense than crying over an injury during the game... which literally NEVER happens in college or the pros

guys making weird faces and swearing and shouting? Yes... actually crying, not really ... thats rare

Edited by Buffalo716

On 11/24/2018 at 4:49 PM, GunnerBill said:

I have not seen so much as one throw of his. The numbers are not exactly spectacular. 2 weeks ago I hadn't even heard of him. Now good people like Matt Miller have him in the top 25 of their big board. 

You are tough to impress Gunner! Haskins numbers are 4082 yards, 46 TDS (42 passing), 7 INT. 314/355, 169 passer rating, 69% completion percentage in his first season. He’s second in the country in passing yards. He lit up the #1 D in the country for 6 TDs 0 picks.

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You are tough to impress Gunner! Haskins numbers are 4082 yards, 46 TDS (42 passing), 7 INT. 314/355, 169 passer rating, 69% completion percentage in his first season. He’s second in the country in passing yards. He lit up the #1 D in the country for 6 TDs 0 picks.

The post you are quoting was not about Haskins - it was about the Duke kid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.