2019 Mock Drafts and top prospects

thunderingsquid

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That pass is so perfect, but I honestly wonder if NFL teams will watch that play and just think "It's a nice throw, but man his footwork is a mess" and actually look at this as a negative play for him.

Ledyard's 2019 Mock Draft 3.0 - The Draft Network

4. Buffalo Bills

PICK: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
Williams doesn’t come without some flaws, but the Bills desperately need another talented corner on the outside across from Tre White. Adding his former college teammate could complete a Bills secondary that will need to be a huge strength while the team’s offense finds a way to climb out of the cellar.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ledyard's 2019 Mock Draft 3.0 - The Draft Network

4. Buffalo Bills

PICK: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
Williams doesn’t come without some flaws, but the Bills desperately need another talented corner on the outside across from Tre White. Adding his former college teammate could complete a Bills secondary that will need to be a huge strength while the team’s offense finds a way to climb out of the cellar.

That would be the value and need matching the pick. A #2 CB is a massive need. Teams just throw away from Tre in every meaningful play. Perhaps they fill this need elsewhere but it is a big need.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That would be the value and need matching the pick. A #2 CB is a massive need. Teams just throw away from Tre in every meaningful play. Perhaps they fill this need elsewhere but it is a big need.

If the Bills take a cornerback anywhere near the first round the fans would burn down the stadium. CB 2 is no where near the top of the list of needs of this team. WR, OG, C, OT, RB and QB (pending Allen’s season and injury) are all far greater needs. I wouldn’t be upset if they completely neglected the defensive side of the ball in the 2019 draft. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

If the Bills take a cornerback anywhere near the first round the fans would burn down the stadium. CB 2 is no where near the top of the list of needs of this team. WR, OG, C, OT, RB and QB (pending Allen’s season and injury) are all far greater needs. I wouldn’t be upset if they completely neglected the defensive side of the ball in the 2019 draft. 

It is a massive need. I’m not advocating necessarily taking a guy there but if you’ve noticed they throw at Phillip Gaines every big play. He was targeted about 10 times yesterday and the week before (along with the LBs). A CB and you could have the Legion of Boom 2.0. You need to be elite in some areas and that’s the Bills best chance. They can get away with mediocre pass rush. The defense can go from good to great.

You just can’t reach on a player. You can’t take the 15th best player in the draft at the 4th pick because you have need. The value needs to match the need. The best players in this draft class happen to play defense. It is about the player, not the position. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Speaking on behalf on NYC Bill he condemns you for your advocacy of drafting a DB in the first round. He is as resolute on this issue as he is as a Bama supporter. :)

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It is a massive need. I’m not advocating necessarily taking a guy there but if you’ve noticed they throw at Phillip Gaines every big play. He was targeted about 10 times yesterday and the week before (along with the LBs). A CB and you could have the Legion of Boom 2.0. You need to be elite in some areas and that’s the Bills best chance. They can get away with mediocre pass rush. The defense can go from good to great.

You just can’t reach on a player. You can’t take the 15th best player in the draft at the 4th pick because you have need. The value needs to match the need. The best players in this draft class happen to play defense. It is about the player, not the position. 

Well said! I am in agreement on the reaching part. 100% do not reach. Trade down would be optimal at that spot instead of taking a CB. I would even take slightly less value to trade down if it came to that. I just can’t get behind “defense wins championships” anymore. I feel this year has proven what we have seen in the past, defense wins mediocrity, offense wins championships. I want a top 10 offense, even if it comes at the expense of a bottom 5 D. Some highlights of the bottom 10 defense club are New Orleans, Kansas City, New England, and the LA Adams. Arguably the top 4 teams in the league all have bottom 10 defenses. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Speaking on behalf on NYC Bill he condemns you for your advocacy of drafting a DB in the first round. He is as resolute on this issue as he is as a Bama supporter. :)

First round dbs are fine......as long as the team has a quarterback, a rock solid offensive line, pass rush, a strong DT rotation, and last but not least......a talented, fast receiving corps with players that are hard to cover.

With any luck, the Bills might be able to fill these needs by 2030. Then I say go for it!

• Like (+1) 1

The Draft Network just updated their top 500 big board:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/06/28/2019-nfl-draft-prospect-database/

For the UB fans, Tyree Jackson dropped from (I think) 146 to 213th (7th best QB). Anthony Johnson went up from 148 to 145 (22nd best WR).

Their top 10:

1. Nick Bosa, DE
  2. Ed Oliver, DT
  3. Quinnen Williams, DT
  4. Deionte Thompson, S
  5. Raekwon Davis, DT
  6. Jeffery Simmons, DT
  7. Greedy Williams, CB
  8. Clelin Ferrell, DE
  9. Brian Burns, DE
  10. Mack Wilson, LB

Top Offensive Players:

11. Jonah Williams, T

12. Noah Fant, TE

13. DK Metcalf, WR

14. Kelvin Harmon, WR

18. David Edwards, OT

19. Justin Herbert, QB

22. Tyler Biadasz, C

27. Yodny Cajuste, OT

28. JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR

29. Dawson Knox, TE

30. Kaden Smith, TE

31. Chris Lindstrom, G

32. Riley Ridley, WR

Edited by DCOrange

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

First round dbs are fine......as long as the team has a quarterback, a rock solid offensive line, pass rush, a strong DT rotation, and last but not least......a talented, fast receiving corps with players that are hard to cover.

With any luck, the Bills might be able to fill these needs by 2030. Then I say go for it!

My position is trade down once or twice to get to the lower part of the first round and then use those added picks to address those multiple needs as you describe. This team needs an infusion of talent to accelerate the rebuild. Conventional cautious thinking is not going to suffice. As I have said on previous posts (as you have also stated) a wise use of our large cap capacity and an infusion of top two round talent will move this lagging franchise at a quicker pace. 

Sutton Smith - Sophomore Highlights | MAC Defensive Player of The Year

This Kid is a beast, our next Sam LB. Draft him move Lorenzo Alexander to DE.

Nations leader in Sacks & TFL’s & Qb Pressures

1st Team All American

1st Team All Mac

NIU Huskies

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.