2019 Mock Drafts and top prospects

thunderingsquid

On 4/29/2018 at 4:44 PM, thunderingsquid said:

Here we go.  I've let the draft sink in more than long enough and now I'm on to our 2019 team needs and a mock.  You should be too.  Don't ever lose sight of the future.  

Needs:
OT 
OLB

TE

RB

We will have a nice cushion with the cap space and there a lot of OLBs in free agency next year but I still think it is a priority.  My guess is that we will be picking in the middle of each round at about 16.  I'm doing 4 rounds because 5 or more would just be insane, right?  

Rd 1: David Edwards OT Wisconsin

Rd 2: Montez Sweat OLB Miss St

Rd 3: Tommy Sweeney TE Boston College

Rd 4: Myles Gaskin RB Washington

Flame on, haters!  

I respectfully disagree... our#1pick should be Jonah Wilson, OT, Alabama, or Trey Adams, OT, Washington.   JMO.  Wisconsin does turn out some great offensive linemen.

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/11/2018 at 8:17 PM, The Senator said:

I respectfully disagree... our#1pick should be Jonah Wilson, OT, Alabama, or Trey Adams, OT, Washington.   JMO.  Wisconsin does turn out some great offensive linemen.

...certainly makes MORE sense than focusing on DL candidates......pretty safe to say that is ONE of the acknowledged weak points.........................

On 10/9/2018 at 12:40 PM, mannc said:

He was invisible in the second half of the game I watched him in, too.  Texas Tech, I think.  Seems overhyped.

Just some perspective, here's Ed Oliver compared to the first DT taken in each draft this decade (plus Gerald McCoy since he was also considered one of the best DT prospects we've seen in a long time). Outside of Aaron Donald, nobody is even remotely close to him in terms of tackles for loss and outside of Donald, he's pretty close to everyone in terms of sacks.

vr3ZoW8.jpg

Edited by DCOrange

2019 NFL Draft order, team needs: Bills, Broncos slide into top 10

This is a look at the first-round order of the 2019 NFL Draft through Week 6. The order is determined by record, using strength of schedule as a tiebreaker. Keep in mind -- teams 21-32 would make the playoffs if the season ended today. The draft order for playoff teams is determined by the results of postseason play.

We've added three needs for each team to the mix this time around in our weekly look at where things stand in the 2019 draft order. Now, keep in mind -- these needs will evolve over the course of the season and beyond, as personnel moves are made (the trade deadline is a couple weeks away), areas that look troubling now begin to stabilize and perceived strengths begin to fray before the regular season winds to a close in a few months.

This is simply a snapshot of what those needs could be when we reach that point.

As for the draft order, the teams that occupied the top five a week ago still occupy those spots this week, with some minor shuffling. The big movement takes place outside of the top five, with three teams sliding into the top 10.

Arrows indicate how far up or down a team has moved relative to last week.
33ys0wm.jpg
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It's never too early, right?

4: R1P4
EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE
36: R2P4
WR ANTHONY JOHNSON
BUFFALO
67: R3P3
OT WYATT MILLER
UCF
106: R4P4
CONNOR MCGOVERN
PENN STATE
133: R4P31
RB MYLES GASKIN
WASHINGTON
144: R5P4
TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN
160: R5P20
TE MATT SOKOL
MICHIGAN STATE
178: R6P4
CB ISAIAH JOHNSON
HOUSTON
220: R7P4
WR OLAMIDE ZACCHEAUS
UVA
241: R7P25
MARK MCLAURIN
MISSISSIPPI STATE
  • Like (+1) 1

8. Buffalo: Jeffrey Simmons, DT, Mississippi State
In a pass-first league, teams are always looking for interior pass rushers, and Simmons’s burst and speed will earn him a lot of attention. There are character concerns, and he will have to answer questions after pleading no contest to simple assault in 2016 after striking a woman several times during a fight.

26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

8. Buffalo: Jeffrey Simmons, DT, Mississippi State
In a pass-first league, teams are always looking for interior pass rushers, and Simmons’s burst and speed will earn him a lot of attention. There are character concerns, and he will have to answer questions after pleading no contest to simple assault in 2016 after striking a woman several times during a fight.

This is a draft loaded with defensive linemen. I don't see McDermott interested in a player who hit a woman several times in a fight. If that is the case I agree with the coach's mind-set. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.