2019 Mock Drafts and top prospects

thunderingsquid

Here we go.  I've let the draft sink in more than long enough and now I'm on to our 2019 team needs and a mock.  You should be too.  Don't ever lose sight of the future.  

Needs:
OT 
OLB

TE

RB

We will have a nice cushion with the cap space and there a lot of OLBs in free agency next year but I still think it is a priority.  My guess is that we will be picking in the middle of each round at about 16.  I'm doing 4 rounds because 5 or more would just be insane, right?  

Rd 1: David Edwards OT Wisconsin

Rd 2: Montez Sweat OLB Miss St

Rd 3: Tommy Sweeney TE Boston College

Rd 4: Myles Gaskin RB Washington

Flame on, haters!  

Edited by thunderingsquid
  • Like (+1) 3

If you're not going to go for 7 rounds and your PFA list now, I ain't interested ;)

On a serious note, the 2019 Draft database from Jesse Fritsch is up and running. As far as I know, it'll be updated fairly frequently but this isn't exactly Draft Breakdown in terms of resources at this point in time - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bu7VCs3ld5efCR3fDjj_vM09KjYbY_SBDkdJHRJPOew/edit#gid=0

Edited by Blokestradamus
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

If you're not going to go for 7 rounds and your PFA list now, I ain't interested ;)

On a serious note, the 2019 Draft database from Jesse Fritsch is up and running. As far as I know, it'll be updated fairly frequently but this isn't exactly Draft Breakdown in terms of resources at this point in time - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bu7VCs3ld5efCR3fDjj_vM09KjYbY_SBDkdJHRJPOew/edit#gid=0

This is great stuff.  It will get me through long days in the cubicle.  And what will be an aggravating stretch until training camp.  Thank goodness for fantasy baseball.

• Like (+1) 1

2019 NFL Mock Draft: Dolphins, Broncos, Chargers, Jaguars land new quarterbacks

10. Buffalo Bills

Ahmmon Richards, WR, Miami. The Bills have a severely lack of depth and elite talent at the receiver position coming out of the 2018 draft, and their No. 1 focus from this point forward should be finding weapons for new franchise quarterback Josh Allen. Richards will have to prove he can stay healthy this year after being limited by a hamstring injury in 2017, but his nearly 20 yards per catch the previous year shows you how much of a threat he can be if 100 percent.

• Like (+1) 1

I firmly believe that the Bills are going DL in the first. I think that they’d LOVE Nick Bosa. An elite pass rusher is sort of the last major piece on this young defense.  It’s very possible though that they don’t get a shot at him. They may very well end up with a 3 technique to replace Kyle. The 2019 draft will be ridiculous up front.

I would also think that WR is a big consideration. AJ Brown is possible if they go  real early but Anthony Johnson from UB is another option. The Bills looked at all of the top guys this year and tried to trade up for Christian Kirk. They feel there is a need near the top of that depth chart. I’d expect one early or one in free agency.

• Like (+1) 1

Here's my super-early Top 100 for the 2019 draft class:

1. Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
  2. Ed Oliver, DT, Houston 
  3. Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan
  4. Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
  5. A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
  6. Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky
  7. Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
  8. Ryan Finley, QB, NC State
  9. Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
  10. Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
McShay Mock Draft

Thanks for posting. I'm not sure why exactly he doesn't mock a QB to the Giants even if he thinks they'd take a QB there as he says; just seems like weird logic. It doesn't sound like he knows any of this year's players that well yet, so I don't really see the harm in elevating one of the QBs to that pick if he's basically just guessing this far out anyways.

I'm super early in my process of scouting the QBs for next year, but at the moment, I think Drew Lock is a worthy choice there. I'm glad to see he's relatively low on Justin Herbert at the moment...I've seen a lot of people mention him as a potential #1 pick (which, given his physical tools, is possible if he improves a lot), but I viewed him as more of a late 1st, early 2nd caliber QB based on last year's play; I prefer Lock and Shea Patterson over him in the very least and I wouldn't be surprised if Stidham and Thorson end up with higher grades for the preseason period too.

41 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Will his stock suffer from losing Patterson? (I know nothing about CFB)

Ole Miss with Patterson last year: 3-5

Ole Miss with Jordan Ta'amu: 3-1 (wins over Kentucky and Miss State)

Ta'amu led the SEC in adjusted completion percentage. It's a really small sample size; he'll be a senior this year and those 4 starts were the first action he had ever gotten in college, but the results were pretty promising, and Brown is a pretty special talent.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.