Game of Throws Who Will Be King? Coming Soon to a Stadium Near You!

Game of Throws

A new and different chapter begins for 5 teams starting now! It should be fun!

New rivalries began this weekend with the selection of 5, count them 5, Quarterbacks in round one of the 2018 draft.

It would have started anyway but Josh Rosen's pledge to spend the next decade or making 9 teams know they made a mistake when they passed him by, lit a fire under it on day one.

What we have now is 5 teams, 5 Gms, and 5 Qbs all pitted against each other for the next 10 years.

This should be fun. And it is also good for us and for every one of those teams because all 5 of those guys will have as much fuel to do their best every single day of every single year.

Who will be King of the Hill of the 2018 Five?

If that alone isn't enough to motivate a young man nothing will.

Wentz and Goff have only each other and it is a much lower profile draft class. This is different.

This draft was the most hyped and craziest that anyone can remember.

I am most looking forward to the reborn Jets vs Bills rivalry.

The Jets jumped the Bills and got their pick ahead of us. Did Jets GM MacCagnan bamboozle Beane?

Did Beane outsmart and out-cute himself by selecting Josh Allen the most controversial ratings wise QB in the Top 5? People either loved or hated Allen.

And when their time comes Allen and Darnold will face each other twice a year, every year of their careers.

Fun stuff!

Across the lake we have Baker. Will he be Bake the Mistake? Or Baker the Difference Maker?

Is Dorsey the “less intelligent” old school GM he has been called?

My opinion is he made the absolute correct choice, if it matters. Mayfield is the one QB who would cry tears of joy instead of despair going to Cleveland. If you want somebody to change things, to rally the troops, to come in and begin the winning, Baker Mayfield is the guy for that job.

I would give up the 2 inches of height for that. (Plus his eyes are set a bit higher in his head) :)

Rosen in Arosenzona is the most advanced QB of his class in terms of technique and passing ability. But he has had the concussions, and he has issues. He seems an angry young man. He spent the last 6 months being called a hot tub having, spoiled, opinionated rich kid who will be a quitter. And told all the extra work you did, that the others didn't, to learn and polish and hone your technique means, you are already at your ceiling and that's bad. (Instead of , you worked harder). And also by the way, everybody hates you, even your friends.

I'm not sure why he seemed so grumpy at the draft.

But any way you slice it he will be a factor and he has a legit shot to work out to be King.

Last we have Lamar Jackson. Picked last in the first by Ozzie Newsome in his last draft as Ravens GM. Will Jackson be a mistaken gamble by a GM with his eyes on retirement? Or the crowning touch on a Hall of Fame Career for Ozzie Newsome?

Is Lamar the next generation of Quarterback? Or another failed experiment? Shall the last be first?

Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, and Lamar Jackson the Class of 2019 will battle it out for the next 10 or 15 years. This will be fun. And the Buffalo Bills and their fans will be front and center. And that last, and the fans part, is the difference this time around. We fans never had a voice before. There was no internet in 1983. We fans will be included in a new way in the cross city rivalry around these 5 teams.

I am looking forward to this. It will be fun and we deserve it.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

And when their time comes Allen and Darnold will face each other twice a year, every year of their careers.

Allen and Darnold apparently shared a QB coach and a beach house for several months, working with Jordan Palmer.  Per Palmer they developed strong Bro-love along with Kyle Allen (now signed by the Panthers as an UDFA).

2 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Rosen in Arosenzona is the most advanced QB of his class in terms of technique and passing ability. But he has had the concussions, and he has issues. He seems an angry young man. He spent the last 6 months being called a hot tub having, spoiled, opinionated rich kid who will be a quitter. And told all the extra work you did, that the others didn't, to learn and polish and hone your technique means, you are already at your ceiling and that's bad. (Instead of , you worked harder). And also by the way, everybody hates you, even your friends.

:D

Good stuff, Meanie.

11 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Game of Throws

A new and different chapter begins for 5 teams starting now! It should be fun!

New rivalries began this weekend with the selection of 5, count them 5, Quarterbacks in round one of the 2018 draft.

It would have started anyway but Josh Rosen's pledge to spend the next decade or making 9 teams know they made a mistake when they passed him by, lit a fire under it on day one.

What we have now is 5 teams, 5 Gms, and 5 Qbs all pitted against each other for the next 10 years.

This should be fun. And it is also good for us and for every one of those teams because all 5 of those guys will have as much fuel to do their best every single day of every single year.

Who will be King of the Hill of the 2018 Five?

If that alone isn't enough to motivate a young man nothing will.

Wentz and Goff have only each other and it is a much lower profile draft class. This is different.

This draft was the most hyped and craziest that anyone can remember.

I am most looking forward to the reborn Jets vs Bills rivalry.

The Jets jumped the Bills and got their pick ahead of us. Did Jets GM MacCagnan bamboozle Beane?

Did Beane outsmart and out-cute himself by selecting Josh Allen the most controversial ratings wise QB in the Top 5? People either loved or hated Allen.

Fun stuff!

Across the lake we have Baker. Will he be Bake the Mistake? Or Baker the Difference Maker?

Is Dorsey the “less intelligent” old school GM he has been called?

My opinion is he made the absolute correct choice, if it matters. Mayfield is the one QB who would cry tears of joy instead of despair going to Cleveland. If you want somebody to change things, to rally the troops, to come in and begin the winning, Baker Mayfield is the guy for that job.

I would give up the 2 inches of height for that. (Plus his eyes are set a bit higher in his head) :)

But any way you slice it he will be a factor and he has a legit shot to work out to be King.

Last we have Lamar Jackson. Picked last in the first by Ozzie Newsome in his last draft as Ravens GM. Will Jackson be a mistaken gamble by a GM with his eyes on retirement? Or the crowning touch on a Hall of Fame Career for Ozzie Newsome?

Is Lamar the next generation of Quarterback? Or another failed experiment? Shall the last be first?

Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, and Lamar Jackson the Class of 2019 will battle it out for the next 10 or 15 years. This will be fun. And the Buffalo Bills and their fans will be front and center. And that last, and the fans part, is the difference this time around. We fans never had a voice before. There was no internet in 1983. We fans will be included in a new way in the cross city rivalry around these 5 teams.

I am looking forward to this. It will be fun and we deserve it.

Great post, it was much better than the one where you were whining about not taking a 5th round WR :) , I'm not really interested in the Mayfield/Rosen/Jackson rivalries as much as I am the Darnold Allen rivaly that's about to be on sooner than later. The best thin g that could happen to our division is that Brady retires soon and both Allen/Darnold become legit franchise QB's and they rival each other for the next decade so we can finally have a freakin meaningful rivalry in this division.

28 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

It is April, and it is still cold and for some it is headed to Spring, but to the rest of the AFC East: the beaches of Miami, the high rises of New York, the play ground of the rich in Nantucket, know this...

...winter is coming.

gVdkbub.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Lots of things will come into play, as to who will become King quickest, if any become Kings as all. Sometimes luck can be needed, and the supporting cast can be important too. And when the team wins, a qb can get more credit than deserved, and when the team loses, a qb can get most of the blame. Some persons will judge the new qbs based on stats early on, but that does not necessarily mean the one with the best stats early will be the best qb over the long run, as some qbs may just take longer to develop, or as their team could be better or worse right now,  or may currently have better o-lines  or receivers. Injuries can factor in, too, as can the way the coaches use that player, and how quickly they play, with some more ready than others, or others who could lose confidence if used too quickly and they needed step by step development. 

Regardless, I think the storyline involving each of the top 5 qbs are interesting, and will continue to play its course as things develop, and time will reveal more things and will eventially lead to judgments made regarding which team was right and wrong in their picks. Nobody really knows now which of the 5 will be seen as the best over long term,  but I'm not disappointed in the Allen pick. I think his chances to succeed are at least equal than the rest, and he seems to fit this team. The fact 5 qbs in the first round were drafted will obviously lead to comparing each against the other, and creating rivalries in the process when those teams play. I think Lamar could be really exciting, but I worry about him being another Vince Young. Rosen losing to anybody, especially against  the other 4 qbs could  be interesting seeing his reaction.. Seeing if Allen can develop into a star despite his mediocre but short college career should be fun. And Baker, I hope he continues his thing in the NFL, like he did in college. Darnold, will he be another USC failure? Hopefully not. He seems like a good guy.

• Like (+1) 1

Come now, for a good story you need a villain, some arrogant punk with a sneer that makes your skin crawl, and who spouts things that make bile come up in your throat.  Also needs a hero who starts the story unprepared, a novice that isn't powerful enough to dethrone the villain right away though with the potential to do so as he learns and grows during the story.  Someone you can cheer for.

...oh...wait...this story actually has both...and both were available when the Bills picked at 7.  :D

19 hours ago, The Red King said:

Come now, for a good story you need a villain, some arrogant punk with a sneer that makes your skin crawl, and who spouts things that make bile come up in your throat.  Also needs a hero who starts the story unprepared, a novice that isn't powerful enough to dethrone the villain right away though with the potential to do so as he learns and grows during the story.  Someone you can cheer for.

...oh...wait...this story actually has both...and both were available when the Bills picked at 7.  :D

Thats funny. Parralells can def be made. The Rosen Allen comparrisons will be around for the next 5 years. Same as Darnold vs Mayfield