Mel Kiper Draft grades:. Bills only team with an A.

PIZ

Kiper was the conductor of the Josh Allen train. I’m sure he gave Carolina an A when they drafted Jimmy Clausen, his 4th favorite player in that draft. 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.awfulannouncing.com/nfl/mel-kiper-said-hed-retire-2018-jimmy-clausen-wasnt-successful-nfl-qb-well.html

Kiper is terrible.

6 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Thanks but I'm not giving ESPN clicks.  Good to know we are approved by someone who is most notably wrong most of the time...lol

❄️ 

• Sad 1

I'd rather have my team get an A from Kiper than an F. Regardless of your opinion on Kiper ( for years I thought the Bills FO would field a much better team if they just made the Kiper pick ) it must be stressed that these are preliminary draft grades. No one knows how these players will turn out. So the criteria are limited. Did the team address their needs? Did they get value for the player chosen in relation to where they were ranked ? Or did they reach ? So whether Allen was your personal favorite or not ( or Kipers) isn't relevant . These QBs were ranked fairly close together. So the Bills probably still get an A if they pick Rosen instead of Allen. They addressed their greatest need and didn't mortgage their future to do it. 

48 minutes ago, PIZ said:

.......Brylcream Mel is an entertaining clown.....as is Beiber (Gonna Shave Some Day) McShay........although my OPINION is that McBeane/McD/McDaboll did an "A" job in their very FIRST draft together, Mel's grade will be trashed by the TBD pundits because (1) it is Mel and (2) Allen was his guy from day one.....and there are other "A's" out there as well....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

If mel kiper was that bad at his job, he would have been fired years ago. He’s a talent evaluator. It’s literally impossible to get mock drafts 100% right. He knows more than all of us combined when it comes to evaluating talent. Yes he’s had some bad judgment (ahem jimmy clausen) but sometimes talent doesn’t follow you to the NFL

Day-after grades are such a waste of ink.  I guess we can thank the internet for only wasting electrons.

All of these immediate post-draft grades are LOL ridiculous.  The same "experts" who just issued pre-draft grades---without doing the same evaluations/tests/interviews as the teams themselves---compare what actually happened to what those "experts" said they would have done and then "grade" the teams on how much the teams agreed with them.  Since Mel loves Allen and Edmunds and I guess likes Phillips, the Bills get an A for agreement.  If the next "expert" hates Allen, Johnson, Neal and McCloud they get an F for agreement.

Yada yada yada.

Edited by Ennjay
typo

9 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

Day-after grades are such a waste of ink.  I guess we can thank the internet for only wasting electrons.

All of these immediate post-draft grades are LOL ridiculous.  The same "experts" who just issued pre-draft grades---without doing the same evaluations/tests/interviews as the teams themselves---compare what actually happened to what those "experts" said they would have done and then "grade" the teams on how much the teams agreed with them.  Since Mel loves Allen and Edmunds and I guess likes Phillips, the Bills get an A for agreement.  If the next "expert" hates Allen, Johnson, Neal and McCloud they get an F for agreement.

Yada yada yada.

They are ridiculous if you think they are grading based on which players they like. That's not what's happening. There may be slight variations in ranking of prospects among Kiper, McShay , Ourlads etc but they're pretty close.  Why wouldn't the Bills get an A for drafting Edmunds? He was a top ten player on virtually every known ranking. QBs were close too, so the Bills get an A whether they chose Rosen or Allen. The grading is based on the relation to the overall board and if the team filled holes. If you think it's a prediction of which players turn out best ( and it isn't ) , yes that would be silly. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

If mel kiper was that bad at his job, he would have been fired years ago. He’s a talent evaluator. It’s literally impossible to get mock drafts 100% right. He knows more than all of us combined when it comes to evaluating talent. Yes he’s had some bad judgment (ahem jimmy clausen) but sometimes talent doesn’t follow you to the NFL

all sane people know this already

maybe a few wager their farm or left pinky finger on him being perfect, I don't know....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I give him credit because he popularized a business.  But he’s never worked/ played on any level of football.  He’s never been offered a job in nfl front office because he would have been fired long ago.  He has the best job because there is zero accountability.  If he picked Jimmy Clausen at the top of the draft as a GM, he would have been fired.  

He loved Josh Allen and we picked him. So we got a good grease based on what Mel Kiper believes.  It’s is essentially meaningless at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Kiper was the conductor of the Josh Allen train. I’m sure he gave Carolina an A when they drafted Jimmy Clausen, his 4th favorite player in that draft. 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.awfulannouncing.com/nfl/mel-kiper-said-hed-retire-2018-jimmy-clausen-wasnt-successful-nfl-qb-well.html

Kiper is terrible.

❄️ 

Agreed.  Why isn't anyone reminding Kiper that his time is up?  His kudos = the kiss of death.