Current Bills on Chopping Block

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/29/buffalo-bills-andre-holmes-john-miller-adolphus-washington/

I saw this article and it made me think that these guys are really in for a fight to make it out of training camp. I think Holmes is likely out, of the other 2 Washington,Miller being part of old regime I could see 1 or both gone as well. Phillips, and Teller certainly put pressure on these guys.

I'm also interested in opinions on Nate Peterman. Are we bringing in competition? Veteran FA? Does NP make it? Is he on the practice squad if he does?

5 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I actually think if Allen wins the back up job Nate Peterman could get cut or at the very least be put on the practice squad. McDermott will want that extra spot for a STer.

I was wondering about that as well! The only thing is they drafted him last year.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I agree with the 3 mentioned. Not so sure about Holmes. Our WR corps is not exactly bursting with talent, at least known talent.

I have to believe Robert Foster from Ala can displace this guy if he shows any of his potential during camp.

9 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Would be really dumb to get rid of either. Both are contributors at low prices tags

Are they?

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Washington has talent and upside. He is trade bait or at least going to get signed after he is cut.

I dislike cutting players in their first 3 years, they're so cheap

Good point about trading. He would seem to be a candidate, not sure about Miller, but likely him as well. Holmes no way.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think they will keep 3 QBs

Likely, my question is who do they bring in to camp as they likely will. Veteran FA and/or UDFA? I do think they want to have a 4th for camp but not more because of reps.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hope so. I want them to sit Allen all year and be a student. Or just bring him in late in the year, if the Bills are out of the playoff race.

Edited by LeGOATski
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I was wondering about that as well! The only thing is they drafted him last year.

5th round pick though, not a massive investment. 

Like i said, I think he goes to the PS if Allen is clearly better at the very least. Doesn’t make sense having that spot tied up with Peterman when they’ve drafted someone like neal who is versatile and can play multiple positions.

WRT to Washington, he didn’t have a great year last year but then the Bills had nobody at the 1T to occupy blockers. Kyle didn’t have an amazing year at the 3T either, they needed guys like Star and Phillips.

Im actually hoping they bring Shaq inside on 3rd downs.

Edited by Wayne Cubed
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m hoping for an OL of Dawkins, Teller, Groy, Miller and McDermott with the vets we have as depth so I definitely don’t want to cut Miller.  That’s a mauling, young OL that can grow together. 

Washington will compete with Tenny Palepoi for 4th DT in our rotation so I guess he could get cut if he loses out.  

I think we only have 3 guarantees at the WR position in KB, Zay and Kerley.  The others (including Holmes) will fight it out with our draft picks/UDFA’s and I have to imagine we are very much in the market for another FA WR.  

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think that it would be asinine not to keep 3 QBs.

It would be a nightmare to re-create the Kevin Kolb - Ej Manual scenario.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think Peterman gets cut. It's more likely than not,  if AJ starts they won't want Allen having to play this year should AJ have to miss sometime with an injury. Perhaps if Allen looks far ahead of schedule they may change their mind. But for now I would think the game plan would be to not force him into playing time until he is ready.

33 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Like i said, I think he goes to the PS if Allen is clearly better at the very least. Doesn’t make sense having that spot tied up with Peterman when they’ve drafted someone like neal who is versatile and can play multiple positions.

They didn't have anyone else beyond Taylor so when they had to bench him to light a fire under him they had to put the rookie in too soon last year. Result was 5INTs in the first half. They do not want the same scenario to present itself in week 2 or 3 of the season if AJ goes down. Only shot of Peterman being cut is if we bring in someone else or Allen looks really, really good. At which point Allen may just start week one anyway and make Peterman expendable. 

I say Miller goes nowhere as he was hosed by scheme changes left and right, he was good for awhile and then the scheme changed, maybe he should be able to adjust to that but wouldn't it make sense to play to his strengths?.....plus they  are thin on the O-Line.

Washington is seeing hand writing on wall.....with Star and Phillips additions his hold on a spot weakens mightly

Peterman?  Well there is an enigma....perhaps some high level meetings MIGHT save his bacon :P - I would gather Sean likes him but then again who knows.  Maybe he learnt a few things and whatnot from last season and this off season that they deem him a needed piece.  He does know all the schemes for whatever thats worth.  I sincerely hope that one of two things happens - Allen wows everyone and is day one starter (I highly doubt this) AJ really steps up and provides better than average - meaning better than TT QB play and Allen gets to watch and learn which is what he has done throughout his progression to being a starting QB in college and then they can trade AJ for mucho picks or a stud at whatever position of need they have (I have more faith in this happening, not selling my house kinda faith but a strong hope).

Bottom line - we are still shaky in the QB position so no real reason to cut the high level meeting man.  Just my $0.02. 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I had high hopes for Miller. I feel like he's been failed by all the coaching changes.

The OL is pretty thin. I don't see the point of dumping Miller this season, unless they add someone better.

Agree. Were going back to a power run scheme if Daboll has his way. We need to keep Miller, he will be solid.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Agree. Were going back to a power run scheme if Daboll has his way. We need to keep Miller, he will be solid.

The changes due to Dennison's inept offense caused Miller's downfall. Agreed, Miller is better suited to Daboll's scheme. I can't see the Bills cutting Miller, especially considering Incognito's quitting and he's relatively inexpensive.

• Like (+1) 1