Brandon Beane Approval Rating

Brandon Beane Approval Rating (Post Draft)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of Brandon Beane as GM?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

People around here are more of the mindset of "how could you not know he's the greatest GM since Polian"...problem is they ignore that the roster is still in Flux and we took a major risk on a QB and gave up a lot to do it.

We gave WAY less than what all the people whining about wanted to give up though.  Tired of hearing people piss and moan about what we gave up when before the draft this whole board was INSISTING, PLEADING, DEMANDING...etc..:to trade up to number 2 and to pay ANYTHING it took to get there.  And many of you wanting that, assumed it would take 3 firsts and 2 seconds to do it.  And most wantend Rosen at #2.  So all these pre draft experts would have given away 2 extra first round picks and 2 second round picks to go get a guy who was obtained at #10 by cardinals by trading just an extra 3rd round pick.  

So maybe all the people whining about this don’t know as much as they think.  We traded up and got the guy we wanted and didn’t have to trade our other first or any future picks, then still got the stud LB in the first.  Great managing by Beane.  How they work out as players we won’t know until they hit the field, despite all the arm chair guys here already declaring Allen a bust.

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Or not.  

Its too damn early to tell one way or another imo.   

He didnt spend what many expected or thought a top 10 would cost ~ 2 ones and some twos (maybe more) 

He did spend two 2s on the 7 spot and one 3 on the 16 spot.  

So I was pleased he didn’t way overspend. 

Time will tell.  

Why because he wasn’t “your” pick?

There were 4 favorites out there according to the media experts and he was one of them. 

You can take offense by my post post or not but we won’t truly knows until he plays and either wins or fails to win the starting job.  

Cheers ? 

It's absolutely too early to tell. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Or not.  

Its too damn early to tell one way or another imo.   

He didnt spend what many expected or thought a top 10 would cost ~ 2 ones and some twos (maybe more) 

He did spend two 2s on the 7 spot and one 3 on the 16 spot.  

So I was pleased he didn’t way overspend. 

Time will tell.  

....his FIRST draft with his staff of 17+ and with McD......pretty damn good show IMO so far.......Pegula certainly atoned for his mistakes, flushed out the mis-hires and misfits, replacing them well respected football people league wide from FO to between the stripes.......sure as hell beats 17 years of "over the hill re-tireds" (on and off the field) and grossly unqualified people put into positions SOLELY based on trust mumblin', grumblin' & stumblin' their way through......looked more like "F Troop" versus a FOOTBALL organization....will it all lead to a Lombardi (JUST ONE) before I head off to "Hell's Kitchen"?.....sure hope so....heard the reception sucks there....stay tuned.............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bakin said:

Just stop. 

There was nothing Billsy about this draft. 

For all intents and purposes the Bills got arguably 2 of the top 10 highest graded players in the draft (with picks 12 & 22) without giving up any 2019 picks. 

Thats outstanding. 

OUTSTANDING!

How about I don’t stop and I feel the way I do about it. Shouldn’t affect how you feel. 

Youre happy? Great for you! I’m not telling you how to feel. 

I think it was a big whiff. Time will tell. I’m allowed to share my opinion it’s what the boards are for, no?

Edited by Bobby Hooks

I am firmly in the middle so I voted no.

I hated the Watkins and Dareus trades and the KB trade looked like a desperate and failed attempt to fix the Watkins trade mistake.

But for the first time ever a Bills GM had the balls to draft a QB in the top 10.    Not the one I preferred.........but one with a ton of potential.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I am firmly in the middle so I voted no.

I hated the Watkins and Dareus trades and the KB trade looked like a desperate and failed attempt to fix the Watkins trade mistake.

But for the first time ever a Bills GM had the balls to draft a QB in the top 10.    Not the one I preferred.........but one with a ton of potential.

The KB trade had zero to do with Watkins.  Completely different types of receivers.  The Bills sucked in the Red Zone, and KB was brought in to provide a tall end-zone target for TT.  Didn't help because KB was injured part of the time, and TT simply didn't throw to him when he was healthy anyway.

As for the poll, "no" is a perfectly acceptable answer.  Saying you disapprove of Beane's moves is different then saying the draft was a failure (which is impossible to know for certain unless you can look ahead in time).  The crux is the Allen pick, which shattered several fans' confidence.  Those disillusioned fans are handling that different ways.  Some are able to keep their cool, and look at the other moves objectively.  Some let that frustration lead to anger and color how they look at the other moves.

The only thing that truly bothers me are the people who insist they can see the future, insist that the moves are already predetermined failures, and anyone that doesn't agree with their assertations are blind idiots.  Nobody can tell the future.  The only thing we know for certainty is that Beane went after the players he wanted.  Whether or not the players pan out and the question of whether or not we overpayed is impossible to answer until we see how these players turn out.

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

The KB trade had zero to do with Watkins.  Completely different types of receivers.  The Bills sucked in the Red Zone, and KB was brought in to provide a tall end-zone target for TT.  Didn't help because KB was injured part of the time, and TT simply didn't throw to him when he was healthy anyway.

The Bills were in on several different WR's at the trade deadline...........all big guys with histories of making plays downfield........which was their problem without Watkins.

KB was just the only one they could pry loose.

The Watkins trade was a mistake.   He was poised for a big year with TT.   He's a true, route-versatile #1 with healthy knees and only 23 at the time.   That's why the Chiefs paid him even though he never got fully utilized in LA.

KB saved the Bills some money in 2018 because his 5th year option had been picked up...... but he produced almost NOTHING.    They sacrificed both his and Watkins production.......maybe 800 or more yards and 6-7 TD's to save that money.    That would have greatly altered the outlook of the Bills passing offense in 2017.

Hopefully KB gets back to his game but he was not very useful being a late addition last year and still didn't know where to line up on plays in the playoff game even.    

And going forward he is an evaluation problem........in addition to his knee issues he's more of a split TE than a #1 WR and top TE's are only worth about half to 2/3 of what a top WR gets paid so they may be forced to pay elite WR money for Jimmy Graham type production/impact going forward if they want to keep him.  

3 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I was really sold that we found our GM, but I think he made a world class mistake. 

Good opportunity to start cheering for another team for he will be around longer than Donahoe!

3 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Because many fans here have panned nearly every one his draft picks.  Especially what he did in Round 1

Some have been negative nancies so long it is all they know how to do.

3 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

The same reason we have mock drafts and draft grades.  It’s an instant reaction based on how you think he did, not how he did in actuality.  

Good quote from Sal which certainly does not apply to me because I am not a draftnik:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/04/28/buffalo-bills-have-just-one-starter-2018-draft/561972002/

This is not to say the Bills had a poor draft. Not at all, because quite frankly, we aren’t going to know whether they did or not for at least a couple seasons. Grading any draft in the hours, days, weeks, and months after it has concluded is a foolish and meaningless exercise, and shame on any of the draftniks who do it. You need at least a year or two to flesh things out.

We were VERY lucky that Chubb fell, otherwise this draft could have been us pushing all of our chips in for one player. It appears on the surface that it worked out. I am very satisfied in the end and I am looking forward to the next moves to solidify the DB depth, Offensive line, add another TE and bring in a deep threat WR to compete. Some will rise from the depths, but we need to trade or pick up other teams cuts. So in essence I say YES up to this point based on some luck. 

April 28th, 2018 at 8:04pm CST by Sam Robinson

When the Browns chose Denzel Ward at No. 4 instead of Bradley Chubb, that nixed a Broncos-Bills trade. And Mike Klis of 9News reports Buffalo was set to give up both its No. 12 and No. 22 picks, in addition to a second-round selection, for the right to move up to No. 5.

USATSI_10209740-225x300.jpgInstead, the Broncos passed and chose Chubb, whom Klis notes the team had tied with Saquon Barkley as being the top player in the draft. But the Bills were also willing to part with one of their second-rounders — either No. 53 or No. 56 — in a deal that was going to involve Denver sending Buffalo one of its third-round choices (either No. 71 or No. 99).

So, the Broncos valued the N.C. State-honed pass rusher immensely, passing on additional first- and second-round picks in order to stay put.

The Bills’ package sent to the Buccaneers, for the right to draft Josh Allen at No. 7, included both second-rounders and a seventh-round selection. The offer to the Broncos containing the No. 22 choice — which Buffalo used to trade up and select Tremaine Edmunds — runs counter to a report from earlier on Thursday indicating Brandon Beane wasn’t willing to part with both of his first-round picks. But that report surfaced before the draft began; the events of the opening hour Thursday night could have changed things.

The Colts also called the Broncos about moving up to select Chubb, Klis reports, but John Elwayelected to stay put and attempt to load up his team’s edge-rushing contingent. As for what was going to transpire if the Browns took Chubb and the Bills suddenly pulled their offer, the Broncos were likely to select either Quenton Nelson or Roquan Smith, per Klis.

Sam Darnold remained the quarterback Elway preferred, with Klis reporting the Broncos had cooled on Baker Mayfield to the point they wouldn’t have taken him at No. 5. While that didn’t end up mattering, it could be notable if Allen or Josh Rosen end up being long-term answers for their respective teams. The Broncos dropped out of the Kirk Cousins derby and signed Case Keenum to a two-year deal, making it less likely they were going to use their top offseason resource on another quarterback, and were not closely linked to either Allen or Rosen late in the pre-draft process.

Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills have almost no choice but to pay Benjamin assuming he is a somewhat productive receiver this season. They have absolutely NO ONE behind him. The WR group is pathetic, I'm surprised the press doesn't grill Beane about it more. 

Yeah I was hoping they'd get Martavis Bryant in trade........which might have given them a choice between two guys they knew going into FA next offseason.    

But teams value WR talent nowadays.

Wasn't long ago that a guy with Bryant's issues would bring a late round pick.........like when the Steelers traded Santonio Holmes to the Jets.

5 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

People around here are more of the mindset of "how could you not know he's the greatest GM since Polian"...problem is they ignore that the roster is still in Flux and we took a major risk on a QB and gave up a lot to do it.

The question wasn't " did Beane pick all the best players" . That would be both unknowable and idiotic. It was about Beane's work since he's been here and if you approve of it or not. Whatever your take is on the QB, most fans have been clamoring for a top ranked QB because the team hasn't taken one in over 35 years. It's been ignored by previous regimes, but maybe that's what some fans want to continue . 

• Like (+1) 1