A Quick Note About Levi Wallace.....

Levi Wallace was an actual walk on. That's right. a walk on at the University of Alabama who made the team. I am not saying that the kid has Minkah Fitzpatrick type talent. He does not. But, he works his ass off and I have seen him make some clutch plays for the Tide.

Now, I am not qualified (nor do I focus on defensive backs enough) to predict how well he makes the transition to the NFL. What I do know is that Saban loves him (btw Saban started as a defensive backs coach) and Calvin Ridley praises him. The following link is a nice read.

A qb? A pass rusher and a DT? Late round and a UFA defensive backs? I don't know how it will turn out, but this is my favorite draft in 20 years or so. :)

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/130603/how-levi-wallace-went-from-a-walk-on-to-a-star-at-alabama

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Levi Wallace was an actual walk on. That's right. a walk on at the University of Alabama who made the team. I am not saying that the kid has Minkah Fitzpatrick type talent. He does not. But, he works his ass off and I have seen him make some clutch plays for the Tide.

Now, I am not qualified (nor do I focus on defensive backs enough) to predict how well he makes the transition to the NFL. What I do know is that Saban loves him (btw Saban started as a defensive backs coach) and Calvin Ridley praises him. The following link is a nice read.

A qb? A pass rusher and a DT? Late round and a UFA defensive backs? I don't know how it will turn out, but this is my favorite draft in 20 years or so. :)

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/130603/how-levi-wallace-went-from-a-walk-on-to-a-star-at-alabama

Thanks for the link. Good read and I am really rooting for the kid. I'm with you, I really like this draft - and I feel better about the direction of this franchise than I have in many years. 

8 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

The guy is too slow,  bad draft and followed by poor signings.

Fast enough for 18 pass defenses and 3 INTs.  I'm sure it's his work ethic and dedication (walk-on to Sr starter at Alabama) that earned him an UDFA shot.

Zierlein's take is he's got a "better than average chance to make an NFL roster" and the thing he most needs to develop is strength, strong WR can out-muscle him at this point.  https://www.nfl.com/prospects/levi-wallace?id=32462018-0002-5599-37dc-f8dc32c7ecf3

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I knew you'd love this draft. ;)

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

If the Bills add a defensive back to the roster and

Bill from NYC  endorses it, that's good enoughfor me.

Go Bills!

My thoughts exactly!

Glad to see you Bill and glad you liked the draft! Since you liked it how bout an old school game day thread breaking them down?  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

If the Bills add a defensive back to the roster and

Bill from NYC  endorses it, that's good enoughfor me.

Go Bills!

He did go.to the second rate school of the state of Alabama.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I will take anyone from Bama or UGA as an UDFA signing. These players come from great systems and play against the best competitors each day at practice and in games. 

I like the way you think!