A Quick Note About Levi Wallace.....

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

The guy is too slow,  bad draft and followed by poor signings.

Opinions are like Aholes, everybody has one. 

The trick is that when you offer one, it doesn’t make you look like one. 

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

The guy is too slow,  bad draft and followed by poor signings.

Wallace was never going to be a draft pick because of the speed issue, but he's got enough positive qualities that he can make a contribution to some team in a role that doesn't put him opposite the other teams best speed receiver.  I don't know if that will be the Bills when all is said and done.

2 hours ago, Bag of Milk said:

If the Bills add a defensive back to the roster and

Bill from NYC  endorses it, that's good enough for me.

Go Bills!

That Sir, is quite the original screen name. Coupled with the avatar, it is top 20 imo.

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I will take anyone from Bama or UGA as an UDFA signing. These players come from great systems and play against the best competitors each day at practice and in games. 

Yes and they are used to hard work and tough practices. Some will disappoint but a majority are solid.

• Like (+1) 1

PFF's 10 UDFAs we expect to make an impact in 2018 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

CB Levi Wallace, Buffalo Bills | PFF Big Board Rank: No. 122

Screen-Shot-2018-04-30-at-9.05.59-PM.png

Former Alabama cornerback Levi Wallace (6-foot, 179 pounds; 4.62 40-yard dash) doesn’t have ideal measurables for the position at the next level, but his grades in his one year as a starter tell a different story.

The former Crimson Tide walk-on played just 99 defensive snaps in his collegiate career before his senior campaign in Tuscaloosa. Despite his lack of experience, Wallace had exceptional coverage numbers across 782 defensive snaps in 2017. He ranked eighth in among draft-eligible cornerbacks with in passer rating allowed when targeted (44.3), allowing zero touchdowns and logging three interceptions in the process. He earned an 81.7 coverage grade for his efforts.

The fear of Wallace being a one-year wonder is valid, and his lack of size will cost if he isn’t able to bulk up any further. However, the former ‘no-star’ recruit is no stranger to doubts and uphill battles, and if he can mirror his 2017 play in camp, he should defy the odds once again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/29/2018 at 6:43 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Understatement of the century.

Definitely a kid to keep an eye on.  McD clearly embrasses that "walk-on" mentality.  And all the kids from Bama should be watched closely.  Daboll saw them everyday and he knows what NFL talent looks like.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/29/2018 at 6:43 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Levi Wallace was an actual walk on. That's right. a walk on at the University of Alabama who made the team. I am not saying that the kid has Minkah Fitzpatrick type talent. He does not. But, he works his ass off and I have seen him make some clutch plays for the Tide.

I already posted on thread on DBs you are the expert on this board.

• Haha (+1) 1

Some of these top undrafted guys realize Buffalo is a good place for them to try and make a roster.  They need some depth at certain spots.  I always pull for some of these guys.  Odds are none of them make it but every so often one will.  

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2018 at 10:45 AM, Razor15 said:

Opinions are like Aholes, everybody has one. 

The trick is that when you offer one, it doesn’t make you look like one. 

Most people are quite good at that skill.  Other notable exceptions need no more mention.

• Haha (+1) 1

another one on my list of Under Dogs on the Bills roster right now.

Thanks Bill for helping focus some attention this young Man's way.

I might well have remained un aware. And that would be a shame.

Go Levi !

Hope he makes PS and can get to work on his goal

14 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Most people are quite good at that skill.  Other notable exceptions need no more mention.

HEY !

• Like (+1) 1

Hey, why walk on at Elon or Winthrop when you can walk on at Alabama? You have to love the story, and I’ll be pulling for him!  

Edited by Augie

"Too slow" was my reaction after I saw his combine 40 time.  Then I learned there were some extenuating circumstances and he is actually a legit 4.5 guy, having developed his speed at Alabama (confirmed by this article).4.5 is plenty fast enough for a zone CB in McDermott's scheme.  Tre White is a 4.5 guy.  He needs to continue developing his strength, but there are only a few rookies coming in the league, if any, who don't need to do that.   His mindset is a perfect match for Sean McDermott and the culture he has built in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, TigerJ said:

"Too slow" was my reaction after I saw his combine 40 time.  Then I learned there were some extenuating circumstances and he is actually a legit 4.5 guy, having developed his speed at Alabama (confirmed by this article).4.5 is plenty fast enough for a zone CB in McDermott's scheme.  Tre White is a 4.5 guy.  He needs to continue developing his strength, but there are only a few rookies coming in the league, if any, who don't need to do that.   His mindset is a perfect match for Sean McDermott and the culture he has built in Buffalo.

It's not half bad to understand what Buffalo Bills are building . At long last a focus has been brought in. A seemingly unifying focus at that !
This culture is easy for me to get behind , have hope for and cheer.

Go Levi !