Bills UDFA signings & Rookie minicamp invitees

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

I don’t know how this guy went undrafted but this could be a huge steal for us. Dabol obviously know this guy very well and has all thi insight. This has Dabol written all over it. I hope this guy get on the roster. 

Never hurts to have Alabama connections.

(Better than East Carolina ;) )

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Hmm...  I just don't remember this in previous years until Sunday

A friend of mine was an UDFA in 05 iirc. During the whole draft coaches and personnel called him asking what he's up to, saying they like him, want him, etc. He was projected 5th thru 7th. Coaches calling getting a feel for how busy he was talking to folks. After a while the agent rep had them unplug the home phone and the only contact was through the agent, this is normal, to keep teams from gauging the interest and backing off a cold player. 

Anyway, late in the draft Gruden himself called him and had a 2 minute conversation, Cowher also, to talk about how much they want him to be a part of the team and not sure they'll draft him but he will make a good addition as a backup with an option to get a chance to make an impact.

The last round of the draft teams were already making steps aligning the stones to have him as an UDFA. He had 4 contracts offered to him immediately after the draft.  Played 3 years, left in 4th with second team. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Let's use this one for actual signings and the other for "wanna see this guy" discussion, work for ya?

Are we keeping this one sterile just for additions?  It'd be nice to have known that. 

18 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

This is a great read. I was thinking the same once I watched his highlight tape. Honestly after the top 3 picks in this draft this guy gets me excited to see what he can do. He could be a dangerous weapon for Josh Allen and Dabol. Very exciting. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

A friend of mine was an UDFA in 05 iirc. During the whole draft coaches and personnel called him asking what he's up to, saying they like him, want him, etc. He was projected 5th thru 7th. Coaches calling getting a feel for how busy he was talking to folks. After a while the agent rep had them unplug the home phone and the only contact was through the agent, this is normal, to keep teams from gauging the interest and backing off a cold player. 

Anyway, late in the draft Gruden himself called him and had a 2 minute conversation, Cowher also, to talk about how much they want him to be a part of the team and not sure they'll draft him but he will make a good addition as a backup with an option to get a chance to make an impact.

The last round of the draft teams were already making steps aligning the stones to have him as an UDFA. He had 4 contracts offered to him immediately after the draft.  Played 3 years, left in 4th with second team. 

Thanks for the insight, that's cool. I believe the communication is ongoing, just don't remember the information being publicized so quick.