RD 5, Pick 166: Wyatt Teller G - Viginia Tech

Player Overview

Wyatt Teller was a 4-star recruit from Bealeton, Virginia who was originally recruited as a strong side defensive end. Teller moved to tackle during the preseason of his redshirt freshman season. He eventually moved to left guard during his redshirt junior year. Outside of Quenton Nelson Teller may be runner-up for most body beautiful guard in the class. You can tell that physically that he's kept his defensive lineman roots both in his build and arguably in his aggressive demeanor. Wyatt is a phonebooth player. He can maul his opponents in close quarters and will finish guys into the ground. His technique is decent but his hand placement and arm extension are above average. He leverage is surprisingly decent too for a guy that plays upright - his strength plays a huge factor in that I bet. Teller will have to work on his footwork and movement ability in general. He is tight and outside of short area pull block struggles to make contact on the move much less get to the second level. Still, Teller offers pretty good value later in the draft especially for teams operating a pure power run scheme that features a good number of interior runs.

TJ Lang Comp

• Thank you (+1) 2

Joe Marino @TheJoeMarino 1m1 minute ago

TREMENDOUS PICK in Wyatt Teller for the #Bills. I think he can challenge for the starting left guard job this year.

Jon LedyardVerified account @LedyardNFLDraft 2m2 minutes ago

If the #Bills got 2016 Wyatt Teller, it's one of the steals of the draft. He looked like a top 50 pick then. 2017 was ok, but he needs to get that fire back. Rd 3 grade from me

• Like (+1) 1