RD 5, Pick 166: Wyatt Teller G - Viginia Tech

17 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Aside from Duane Brown I'm having trouble of thinking of someone better. I loved Sergio Render, and he's still a good friend, but as far as NFL goes he bounced around a couple PS's.

The only one that comes to mind is Jim Pyne back in the early 90's. BTW - the Bills just signed Cam Phillips as a UDFA

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, October 1918 said:

He didn't have a down year. I get the sense that someone writes something about a guy and it keeps getting repeated... and no one bothers to look at game film to see that he was just as dominant in his senior season as he was his junior season. As a VT season ticket holder for over two decades, he's one of the best O-linemen Tech has produced in my opinion. Everyone knew he was by far our best run blocker the past few years. I think he has a good chance to start...

Yup, that's why I said "reportedly."  But actually, I was hoping it was a down year.  If he made first team All-ACC in a down year...

19 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes sir, I can remember having a couple of Super Mighty's at 4:00am on Seneca many times.

I sure do miss them.

Bear,you know darn well he won't be hitting up anymore Taco Bell locations once he settles here. He'll be bagging a half dozen of those monster El Nino's every visit to MT. P.S.- TJ Coffey's burned up last week...the tenant living in the upstairs apt died.

• Haha (+1) 1

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, JM57 said:

Nope. Nope. Nope nope nope nope. Bodine is bad and should see the field only in a break glass in case of emergency situation

At this point, I am accepting Mills at RT. At this point, I think the best we can hope for is Teller-Groy-Miller

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bills757 said:

One interesting thing is he addresses the "drop off" perceived by some his senior year (and touched on in this thread)

Many scouting reports also criticized his effort and aggression as a redshirt senior relative to his performance in 2016. But Teller said he needed to better regular his aggression this past season after drawing too many penalties as a redshirt junior.

“Every ref would refer to me as ‘Hugs’ because I’d take kids and hip toss them to the ground,” Teller said. “Yeah, it looks impressive, but it’s not helping the team [if there’s also a penalty]. And every ref is looking at me … to see if I jump out and toss a kid.”

It took him about half of the 2017 season to find a good balance of aggression and restraint, after many scouts had already made assessments for their reports, he said.

“By the second half of the season, to me, it’s the same kid as in 2016,” Teller said of himself. “The same aggression.”

• Haha (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I wonder if he could replace Mills as RT.  Even if he does not get starting spot as guard he could be used in jumbo 6 OL package.

He doesn't have the athleticism to play OT.  Keep him at LG.  I'd play De Beer and Boettger at RT and have them compete against Mills, Newhouse, and McDermott.

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

He doesn't have the athleticism to play OT.  Keep him at LG.  I'd play De Beer and Boettger at RT and have them compete against Mills, Newhouse, and McDermott.

I shutter every time I think about it but who do you think backs up Dawkins at LT?

• 2 weeks later...