Shaquem...

I live in Central Florida and have watched this kid play quite a bit. He is a baller and would make our team better by being on it. He would immediately be a special teams ace, and I could see him playing some sort of "in the box" safety for special packages. Believe it or not, his ball skills are not horribly worse than some of the "thumper" type of safeties/CBs even though he has one hand.

Sad fact is NFL front offices are pretty much "old school" and if a player doesn't fit a prototypical blueprint, they won't give him much consideration.

1 minute ago, macaroni said:

I live in Central Florida and have watched this kid play quite a bit. He is a baller and would make our team better by being on it. He would immediately be a special teams ace, and I could see him playing some sort of "in the box" safety for special packages. Believe it or not, his ball skills are not horribly worse than some of the "thumper" type of safeties/CBs even though he has one hand.

Sad fact is NFL front offices are pretty much "old school" and if a player doesn't fit a prototypical blueprint, they won't give him much consideration.

This is exactly the round he was always getting drafted in. A 220 tweener whats his position?  He isnt an edge like he was at UCF. Hips are too tight for a Safety position. 

I think he is a sub package guy and WLB with weight being added 

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I think all involved knew late last night was the earliest. I’m guessing all are comfortable with him going today and they likely have some feature planned 

Agreed. Would have been a bad look NOT having Griffin there. Early on it was thought he would go 4th round. Not too far off from where he was picked. Great story with a great ending draft wise. 

1 minute ago, macaroni said:

Dude is bigger than Milano and his forty was 0.3 sec quicker. He definitely has a position. 

Will his hand cost him him an interception or tackle along the way? Surely. Will his athleticism create opportunities to make plays others wouldn’t get? Likewise definitely. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

This is exactly the round he was always getting drafted in. A 220 tweener whats his position?  He isnt an edge like he was at UCF. Hips are too tight for a Safety position. 

I think he is a sub package guy and WLB with weight being added 

Hes heavier than Milano and MUCH quicker. Why couldn’t he fill the role?

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Agreed. Would have been a bad look NOT having Griffin there. Early on it was thought he would go 4th round. Not too far off from where he was picked. Great story with a great ending draft wise. 

I wouldn’t knock them for not having him there either. Treat him like a player. Not many mid rounders get to go

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Hes heavier than Milano and MUCH quicker. Why couldn’t he fill the role?

He was an edge rusher. So any pick for him was a projection pick. He is not an edge in the league full time.   Milano was always a LBer. 

This is the point in the draft these guys go. I am not saying he cannot be a WLB in the league. I actually think he can.

Immediately he will be a stud ST player and a package rusher. 

Edited by MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He was an edge rusher. So any pick for him was a projection pick. He is not an edge in the league full time.   Milano was always a LBer. 

This is the point in the draft these guys go. I am not saying he cannot be a WLB in the league. I actually think he can.

Immediately he will be a stud ST player and a package rusher. 

You called him a 220 tweener without a position - so I addressed that he’s bigger than that, and both bigger and much faster than a guy filling the position you say he needs to bulk up to play for us. 

Agreed he would be learning a new position but he’s played in coverage and done it well. He wasn’t purely a pass rusher and 4.38 speed can run in coverage with anyone.

Edited by NoSaint

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

You called him a 220 tweener without a position - so I addressed that he’s bigger than that, and both bigger and much faster than a guy filling the position you say he needs to bulk up to play for us. 

Agreed he would be learning a new position but he’s played in coverage and done it well. He wasn’t purely a pass rusher 

I get what you were saying. Just trying to head off the he didnt get drafted earlier because of the hand stuff 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I get what you were saying. Just trying to head off the he didnt get drafted earlier because of the hand stuff 

That’s definitely part of why. There’s no shame in admitting that knocked him down a bit compared to his measurables otherwise.

Just now, NoSaint said:

That’s definitely part of why. There’s no shame in admitting that knocked him down a bit compared to his measurables otherwise.

I wonder when we'll see the first Seahawk's game that they could have won if he had another hand.  I understand the heart warming story and all that, but c'mon...

13 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I wonder when we'll see the first Seahawk's game that they could have won if he had another hand.  I understand the heart warming story and all that, but c'mon...

With him running in the 4.3s I wonder when we see him win a game where another guy wouldn’t be able to get there. 

Im not propping him up because of the story- the dudes a freak athlete. Roquan Smith is same height, only 7 lbs heavier (which is a smaller gap in this case for obvious reasons)  and was considered fast running in the 4.5s. Our own Milano is lighter and in the 4.6s..... Preston brown was in the 4.8s.... at 4.38 this kid I believe times out faster than literally anyone on our roster

If he can read offenses and have good instincts off the ball he can be an impact player. He might miss an opportunity but he will also create ones no one else can.

Edited by NoSaint

3 hours ago, macaroni said:

This kid is a STARTING NFL Linebacker. Period.