RD 4, Pick 121: Taron Johnson DB - Weber State

Just now, MURPHD6 said:

Not if they keep Hughes, he's signed through 2019, and Murphy is effective.

Draft looks to be full of top end pass rushing talent....Top pass rushers should be a high pick after QB...WRs not so much

5 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Free agent talent. This is the worst pick so far. I don’t like small corners.  This guy is a depth play, might be able to play slot but why so early?  They should gone WR or offensive line. 

Well... we’re coming up to our pick again and nobody has really taken any WRs or OL between 121 and now so...

Slot guys are on the field a lot and are usually found in the middle rounds if you want a competent one. 

Just saw a graphic on Twitter that lists the two players to whom Teron Johnson compares athletically and based on measurables: EJ Gaines and Tre'Davious White. 

Soooo....it seems McDermott has a type when it comes to CBs!

Johnson should be an immediate CB4 and special teams contributor, with the upside to be a long term starter at nickel.

22 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Draft looks to be full of top end pass rushing talent....Top pass rushers should be a high pick after QB...WRs not so much

Maybe they should, but they already invested too much in Allen not to double down. They have to pair him with a potential number 1 that he can develop chemistry with long term. If the value isn't there, I would expect a trade back again.

Having a QB who has the strongest arm in the NFL means very little if you don't have a buner at WR who can stretch the field. Allen isn't a finesse passer, and he may never be. And without a deep threat he will be easy to stop. We desperately need a speedster with size who can track the ball, a number 1 like AJ Green with all the tools. Without that kind of help, he may never develop.

Edited by MURPHD6

1 hour ago, MattM said:

Me, too—that or Richie coming back.  I heard that Joeckel was having a good comeback year last year before getting hurt.

I still think Richie is coming back...add a few more million to a restructured contract and he'll be at SJF.We all know...money talks.

24 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

Maybe they should, but they already invested too much in Allen not to double down. They have to pair him with a potential number 1 that he can develop chemistry with long term. If the value isn't there, I would expect a trade back again.

Having a QB who has the strongest arm in the NFL means very little if you don't have a buner at WR who can stretch the field. Allen isn't a finesse passer, and he may never be. And without a deep threat he will be easy to stop. We desperately need a speedster with size who can track the ball, a number 1 like AJ Green with all the tools. Without that kind of help, he may never develop.

If we take a step back, get a high pick and Collin Johnson puts it all together; he could be it.

42 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

I think the plan on offensive line is Dion Dawkins at left guard newhouse/McDermott left tackle groy/Bodine center nickel cornerback is a huge need brady hasn't retired our best chances this year elite defense hold opponents down score just enough next year build the offensive side of the ball 

aflac duck.jpg

2 hours ago, dgrochester55 said:

Looks like the waiver wire for added o-line depth and WR, it can be done, just hope that it is the right mix. 

You have to have any depth to have added depth

Ok not even sure we can field a full set of WRs or a full OLINE with what's on the roster