RD 4, Pick 121: Taron Johnson DB - Weber State

Who?!  Seriously thought this guy was a 6th or 7th rounder, although I admit not seeing him play.  I think McBean know what they want in terms of dB traits, so I guess they get some benefit of the doubt.  a bigger name like Shaq griffin would have been more interesting. Surprised to see was still available.

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Wonder if he has PR ability?

He fills a need for a zone-type, slot CB, which they don't have.

I actually love the pick.

I'm all about building on your strengths, remember , the secondary shined with very little pressure from our DL. We showed that up in FA and now add a potential instant starter at ncb. 

Every team has holes! It's the nature of the game. I love that we are building on one of our biggest strengths, year 2 , I expect this secondary to be scary good.

• Like (+1) 1

Mike RodakVerified account @mikerodak 2m2 minutes ago

Taron Johnson said he’s had no contact with the Bills until “20 minutes ago.” About as much validation as you need that people read too much into pre-draft visits and the such.

Jon Scott @JonScottTV 3m3 minutes ago

Taron Johnson says he’s played a lot inside/nickel corner, which is what #Bills have told him. #NFLDraftNFLDraft18.png

Just now, JerseyBills said:

I'm all about building on your strengths, remember , the secondary shined with very little pressure from our DL. We showed that up in FA and now add a potential instant starter at ncb. 

Every team has holes! It's the nature of the game. I love that we are building on one of our biggest strengths, year 2 , I expect this secondary to be scary good.

Being very strong on one side of the ball is probably better than being middling on both sides of the ball...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

Who?!  Seriously thought this guy was a 6th or 7th rounder, although I admit not seeing him play.  I think McBean know what they want in terms of dB traits, so I guess they get some benefit of the doubt.  a bigger name like Shaq griffin would have been more interesting. Surprised to see was still available.

While Griffin is great story and we all want to see him succeed........... NFL teams know it is hard to play at this level with one hand.

Who knows where he lands.

3 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

So you’ve never heard of him or seen him play but he’s a 6th or 7th rounder in your obvious expert opinion

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Absolutely no speed on offense. Outside of a 30 YO McCoy.

And I expect McCaron to get killed behind this offensive line.

WRs slipping just saying snd watch what happens after the draft with the veteran Cuts. 

4 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

By day 3 none of us know every name coming off the board. Shaq Griffin is a great story but is a huge risk even at round 4.

5 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

Not picking on you specifically, but I just love these type of responses!

You have no idea who he is, never saw him play, but had him pegged as a 6th or 7th rounder?  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I will trust McDermott and his staff. They went to the playoffs with a weak roster last year. 

They are building this team the right way and they knocked off a playoff drought in the process.

Let them continue to do things their way and we might see a consistent winning SB contender here. FINALLY.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Tcali said:

Only thing that dropped him slightly was lack of height/reach and lack of olympic speed.

Zone defenses are more about instincts anyways. He will be solid nickel depth which is all you can ask for in the 4th round. Listening to him on WGR he sounds intelligent and excited to come here.