Gil Brant on Sirius yesterday - awful

I just want to mix it up a little and rant/complain about the media.  

I was listening to the draft yesterday on Sirius XM.  Channel 88 had Will Hernandez on there right after he was picked by NY.  Gil Brant said "You will like new York, they have a lot of Mexican restaurants there."

Could he have just came out and said "hey, buddy, do you like tacos?  Cause your name is Hernandez, right?"  What a waste of a microphone that guy is.  Why does he still have a job?  

I know it's convenient to pile on old white dudes as being racist- it's like calling water wet - but CMON, MAN!  

I cannot STAND that guy.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, thunderingsquid said:

I was listening to the draft yesterday on Sirius XM.  Channel 88 had Will Hernandez on there right after he was picked by NY.  Gil Brant said "You will like new York, they have a lot of Mexican restaurants there."

Could he have just came out and said "hey, buddy, do you like tacos?  Cause your name is Hernandez, right?"  What a waste of a microphone that guy is.  Why does he still have a job?  

I know it's convenient to pile on old white dudes as being racist- it's like calling water wet - but CMON, MAN!  

I cannot STAND that guy.

Gil should have been gently "retired" by SiriusXM years ago.  He is just not easy to listen to any longer.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I cannot STAND that guy.

....sounds like Tom Brookshire deja vu............

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I cannot STAND that guy.

Have you considered you may just be better to let things roll off your back a little more?  Microaggressions, trigger warnings, all of that is just too much.  Gil Brandt is Gil Brandt. If you don't want to hear him change the channel.  

Edited by Boyst62
  • Like (+1) 6

Just now, Boyst62 said:

Have you considered you may just been to let things roll off your back a little more?  Microaggressions, trigger warnings, all of that is just too much.  Gil Brandt is Gil Brandt. If you don't want to hear him change the channel.  

No.  I want all old white men to be fired.  

Have you considered how you trigger people with your posts?

Have some courtesy. 

:D

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I cannot STAND that guy.

Gil Brandt has more knowledge in his Pinky Nail

then you will have in your entire Lifetime. More snow ❄️ flake drama. Give me a freaking brake. Just turn off your radio and go find your safe space. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, thunderingsquid said:

Actually, no.  Shocking I am sure, but I never have.

Good thing I'm a 50 something yr old Vietnamese veteran woman.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Gil Brandt has more knowledge in his Pink Nail

then you have in your entire Lifetime. More snow ❄️ flake drama. Give me a freaking brake. Just turn off your radio and go find your safe space. 

All I know is that he has knowledge of NY restaurants.  And racism.  

And I cannot give you a brake.  Break maybe but no brakes for you.  

13 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I cannot STAND that guy.

3 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

No.  I want all old white men to be fired.  

Have some courtesy. 

:D

wow. hot takes of epic proportions.

i've said it before but it bears repeating with this mess. two lefts does not a right turn make.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Have you considered you may just be better to let things roll off your back a little more?  Microaggressions, trigger warnings, all of that is just too much.  Gil Brandt is Gil Brandt. If you don't want to hear him change the channel.  

Seriously. You would think that Gil has a six decade history of racially insensitive behaviors.

Gil knows more about football then almost anyone in NFL History. So your just making a fool of your self. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074
  • Like (+1) 1

In related news I'm Italian and I've been asked if I liked pizza and spaghetti before.

I proceeded to shout at the people asking me that that they're racist scumbags! My head also exploded! I was so furious I couldn't take it!

Stereotyping happens to white people too. It's funny how nobody cries when it happens to them though.  

14 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I cannot STAND that guy.

While Gil Brant's comment was totally inappropriate and racist, so was your comment that all old white men are racist.  

"I know it's convenient to pile on old white dudes as being racist- it's like calling water wet"  

BTW, the Giants are winning the draft, IMO.  got the best RB, best OG, a great DL, and now just got their "next" QB in Kyle L.

4 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Gil Brandt has more knowledge in his Pinky Nail

then you will have in your entire Lifetime. More snow ❄️ flake drama. Give me a freaking brake. Just turn off your radio and go find your safe space. 

Just as an FYI, you come across as a snowflake by rushing to Gil's defense so strongly.  Just sayin'.  If you do not like the accusation, ignore.  It goes both ways.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

...who touts the Confederacy.....

How is what he said actually racist?  It's insensitive if he meant it as him being Hispanic means he likes tacos, but that's not actually racist

18 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I cannot STAND that guy.

Hernandez should've told him he prefer German cuisine 

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

How is what he said actually racist?  It's insensitive if he meant it as him being Hispanic means he likes tacos, but that's not actually racist

If snowflakes are moderate, not racist and think touting the Confederacy is really, really ignorant, then I am a huge snowflake.