Day 3 of draft rounds 4-7 let’s talk

2 hours ago, October 1918 said:

I'm only disappointed with NFL Network's coverage. "Griffin, Griffin, Griffin, .... oh by the way, a few teams made picks, ... Griffin, Griffin, Griffin"

...I'm happy for the kid, but do we really need two straight days of non-stop Shaquem Griffin coverage?

It is a great story and inspiring.  I have no quarrel with having to wait 10 minutes to hear who the Saints picked in the 6th round to watch Griffin’s story.

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I always dislike secondary picks, but every time I am wrong.  I've stopped complaining and just trust the scouts.  They're the ones that get paid doing this.

“secondary” makes up 45% of the defense when they are in nickel (which is pretty often).

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

And you'll sell Philly jerseys to the market in Australia.

Yes jerseys the size of a house.  That dude is h u g e.  But all ESPN could show was him trucking dudes in Australian pro rugby. Not sure about OT,  I’d just give him the ball and get out of the way 

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

It is a great story and inspiring.  I have no quarrel with having to wait 10 minutes to hear who the Saints picked in the 6th round to watch Griffin’s story.

“secondary” makes up 45% of the defense when they are in nickel (which is pretty often).

Yep.  I agree.  I'm always wrong when I'm disappointed about corner picks.  Not sure why.  I'm coming around.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/2/7/16982752/2018-nfl-draft-position-rankings-wide-receivers-nfl-combine-sleepers-49ers

Austin Proehl is a quicker than fast explosive athlete with impressive suddenness in and out of his breaks displaying fast quick feet creating continuous separation against defenders. He is a fluid and sharp route runner with a clean technique and smoothness to his game. Proehl displays great bend on breaks popping out quickly with terrific athleticism, outstanding footwork, quickness, and burst breaking away with impressive speed. Possesses NFL bloodlines (father is former NFL player Ricky Proehl), Austin is a natural pass catcher with very strong soft reliable hands (terrific hand-eye coordination) extending arms to make the catch and excellent ball skills, and is tough as nails with an excellent work ethic. Missed part of the 2017 season with a broken collarbone, but came back earlier than expected (competitive nature).

• NorthCarolina_logo.gif Austin Proehl, WR, North Carolina 
    Height: 5-10. Weight: 175. 
    Projected 40 Time: 4.54. 
    Projected Round (2018): 7-FA. 

4/24/18: Proehl missed a lot of the 2017 season with a left arm injury. He had 21 receptions for 337 yards and a touchdown in his shortened year. 

7/17/17: Proehl was a solid No. 3 receiver for North Carolina in 2016 as he caught 43 passes for 597 yards and three touchdowns. With Ryan Switzer, Mack Hollins and Bug Howard off to the NFL, Proehl could get more opportunities; however, North Carolina will be breaking in a new quarterback replacing Mitchell Trubisky.

• Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php#ixzz5E0jBQjWC
Edited by USABuffaloFan