Will we ever find out what team was behind Allen's leaked tweets?

Big Turk

2 hours ago, ClemsonBills said:

Maybe this is why Beane was “unaware” of the tweets

They were screenshots of tweets, the tweets were deleted months ago. Someone timed the release of the screenshots. Probably an ex-girlfriend, woman scorned and all.

Edited by Rosen-not-Chosen

I would bet it wasn't any team but just some internet troll football fan, same as the "gas mask photo" last year.

Trolls live to take successful people down.

Have some bad tweets from a future NFL player? Release them right before the draft is the best way to bring them down.

Regardless, the fault for this "leak" is all on Allen and he has no one to blame but himself for his stupidity and ignorance.

That he left them on his twitter account for 6 or so years and just recently deleted them would seem that they didn't concern him.

The "I was just a young foolish teen" excuse is lame, many players won't buy that. The Bills took a big risk in more ways than one with Allen.  

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:57 AM, matter2003 said:

Think its pretty obvious a team had been keeping this in their back pocket and waited until the last minute to try leak these out hoping it would hurt his draft stock so he woukd fall down the board far enough to them.

Could it have been the Bills? Cards?  Doubt we will ever find out for sure but be I think its pretty much guaranteed it was an NFL team...

I'm more concerned that a QB with supposedly high wonderlic  tweet such racist remaarks

On 4/28/2018 at 2:34 PM, Ifartalot said:

Regardless, the fault for this "leak" is all on Allen and he has no one to blame but himself for his stupidity and ignorance.

That he left them on his twitter account for 6 or so years and just recently deleted them would seem that they didn't concern him.

The "I was just a young foolish teen" excuse is lame, many players won't buy that. The Bills took a big risk in more ways than one with Allen.  

You certainly are full of gas.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 4/28/2018 at 12:27 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Nah, too precise with the timing. It was a hit job, likely by an agent.

That kid he picked on in 3rd period English 5 years ago could be exacting revenge. It could’ve been Beane for all we know 

On 4/28/2018 at 1:25 PM, MJS said:

Why is it obvious it was a team? I think it could literally be anyone.

Agreed, even a jilted girlfriend would know when to hit for the most impact. The gas mask video made that attack easy to copy. 

We’ll never know, and it would have to be far more heinous for me to worry much about what some 14-15 year old kid tweets. Let this be a lesson to the current crop of youngsters. 

On 4/28/2018 at 2:22 PM, Steve Billieve said:

What is behind the tweets of a 14 yo?!

Certainly not a well developed frontal lobe. 

36 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

I'm more concerned that a QB with supposedly high wonderlic  tweet such racist remaarks

He explained enough that former teammates said it was no issue and one playing for Bills (Eddie Yarbrough) endorsed him to front office.  Evidently a lot of it was song quotes (I question more his taste in music) and pranking by fellow players who borrowed cell phone.