Chris Simms: "Cardinals were heart broken when Josh Allen went before they could trade up"

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Flip side of that is Allen was the only NFL talent level player on his team. Wyoming had below average line play and wr play. When Wyoming went against power conference teams Allen tried to do all he could to win. 

This is what is important - when you are overmatched you still try even if you risk interceptions which is something I believe Tyrod was not able to do.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Can we please have a moratorium on posting pre-2000 completetion percentage comparisons!!!   It's maddening!   It was a totally diffeent game then in terms of the rules and pass-run ratios.

Like putting up Otto Graham's passing stats as a benchmark for looking at today's QBs...

The exact same thing I said when arguing about Culleys history working with QBs. I want Pegula to get his golden boy all the coaching he needs. The best available guy. Spare no expense 

9 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I would feel better if he stepped up in the massive pocket he had and threw that with both feet on the ground. B-)

Perhaps the play was designed as a roll out to throw to the receiver in the flat and he improvised that throw when he saw the guy open deep.  We don't know.

7 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The guy will need to transform into a new person if he is to be successful in the NFL.

He does so many things wrong.  He could get away with that at Wyoming where you have huge talent mismatches all over the field.  It's not like that in the NFL, where everyone around you is a super talent.  That's when the Allen way of doing things will kill his career.

Are you saying that Wyoming had great mismatches due to their talent?

1 hour ago, GG said:

I'm more optimistic after watching Senior Bowl highlights & the three practice days.  Looked more fundamentally sound (without any pressure)

he didn't play a great senior bowl unfortunately. I believe he had a solid qtr but wasn't consistent. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

That's really excellent pocket control. No one can deny he has all the tools, we just have to bring him along slowly and hope he finds some consistency.

That seems to be the key and why AJ McCarron was signed (interesting he does not have a # yet but Josh does) to give player drafted time to learn while temporary QB takes beating as new offense is crafted.

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

I think you got it right. Throwing motion would seem incredibly difficult to change. Darnold's going to have an issue, then again Philip Rivers seems to do okay. As far as the feet go, it just seems when the bullets are flying they revert back to their old habits and start winging it, particularly guys with big arms. We're just going to have to see and hope for the best.

I agree - that is the question can he learn and the will it stick.  

It is part art of the reason they can not rush him this year.

You need a lot of time to redevelop the muscle memory and if he plays and the bullets fly and he reverts - just reset the clock.

1 hour ago, Agent 91 said:

Probably threw far fewer times too. We know they aren't in the same atmosphere as far as product. And name an NFL defense who will allow qb to be successful throwing 50 yes off his back foot. Didnt know that's how Brady Mannings Montana Young Elway all had their incredible successes. Climb the damn pocket.

For the record Allen 21 ints in 3 years

Rosen 26 ints in 3 yrs 

Rosen 1169 attempts

Allen 649 attempts

why are you comparing attempts? one played for a year longer then other.

7 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

why are you comparing attempts? one played for a year longer then other.

fine, take Rosen injury season out and its 931 attempts.

so my question still remains. what was your original point?

3 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

nice chat

Your anger towards Josh Allen is so high that your blinded by non truths and facts that make no sense.

so there is no point in even talking to you about it.

so yea

just lol

And now he is making a nice long reply of reasonable facts that he is cherry picking from stats board to make Allen look bad

to continue to argue..

keep making that long post lol

Edited by PrimeTime101

33 minutes ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

So he throws an interception on a blue field against an opponent wearing blue. Might have a problem playing the Jets.

Look at his footwork on that INT. He’s throwing it with all upper body. Doesn’t drive it with his lower body as his left foot is pointed at 10:00 o’clock. Easily fixable stuff. The read was right but the ball hung when it didn’t need to with proper base

10 hours ago, Utah John said:

He hit the receiver in stride, 65 yards down field, without good mechanics and while falling backward.  Geez Louise.  And you're worried about style points? 

I'm not sure he's going to be a good draft pick but it will be fun to watch.

65 yards would have been out of the back of the end zone into the stands. He threw it from the 40...

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yes but calling him to be benched for...whom?  Unless there's a better option on the team, there won't be many calls to bench him.

Wasn't that the reason that the Bills traded Taylor?  To clear the field for whatever rookie QB they drafted no matter how poorly he performed?  AJ McCarron has started fewer than 10 games in his entire NFL career.  Peterman's one start was a disaster, and he didn't redeem himself in his other appearances. 

The Bills' actions in 2018 are eerily similar to what they did in 2013 to clear the field for EJ Manuel: replace a serviceable veteran QB, bring in a backup likely to be significantly worse than the former starter, and then draft a project first round QB to excite fans.  I really thought after the events of last year that the Bills had actually changed their corporate culture to put the winning ahead of profit, but while the names and faces have changed, the "Bills way" apparently continues unabated.  

That's what is depressing about the Allen pick: for all the talk about "process" and other bull ****, it's just the same old, same old for the Bills.  I hope Allen is successful but I'm not optimistic about his future because first round project QBs simply don't do well in the NFL ... or about the Bills' prospects about becoming a regular playoff contender.