Pancho Billa calls out the 3rd round pick.

PIZ

Hey guys im sure this has been talked about already so i apologize but i didnt see the Bills third pick on TV when it happened just saw who they picked.  Had no idea about pancho.  Just watched it.

Man that was a really great moment.  Im not an emotional guy but for some reason that really hit me.  To see freddie and andre up there and to call a fan on stage who is dealing with cancer...man that was awesome.

I don't know it was just a great moment and i think it represents the Bills this city and the connection some players have with the fans.

I hope Pancho beats this and gets to watch many more Bills seasons.  Good luck man.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Doesn’t he live in Texas? He flies in for all home games?

Not this past year, but generally, yes.

Adrian, Kenny and Buffalo girl (forgot her name) we're the only ones to do it this year.

Captain buffalo made 9 iirc 

On 4/27/2018 at 11:22 PM, Boyst62 said:

@JÂy RÛßeÒ had something to do with this evidently

Other than praying for the guy, I did not.  This was Fred and Andre wanting to do it, then getting the Bills and the NFL involved to make sure it happened.  That's why they had the extra cameras on stage.  Pancho knew Andre and Fred were gonna let everybody know about him but had no idea they were gonna get him up there.

A truly special moment that would only happen with this team and these fans.

#BillsFamily

On 4/27/2018 at 11:18 PM, BuffaloRush said:

Pinto Ron needs to announce the 4th round selection 

Kenny did not go down for this (although his daughter did).  He has equated going to the draft to "spraying paint on a wall and then sitting there watching it dry".

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Like (+1) 5

For anyone watching the ESPN feed, I was the crying fan. Standing right next to Pancho in the front row when it all went down. One of the most surreal and special moments of my life, let alone his. 

Edited by Jamie Nails
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Other than praying for the guy, I did not.  This was Fred and Andre wanting to do it, then getting the Bills and the NFL involved to make sure it happened.  That's why they had the extra cameras on stage.  Pancho knew Andre and Fred were gonna let everybody know about him but had no idea they were gonna get him up there.

A truly special moment that would only happen with this team and these fans.

#BillsFamily

Kenny did not go down for this (although his daughter did).  He has equated going to the draft to "spraying paint on a wall and then sitting there watching it dry".

I have been told by a mutual friend that you were involved. Either way, I'm glad you got to be a part of it. It looked like something special

I hated all the a announced gimmicks.  Parrot bringing up a pick and such.  Thought they were flashy, silly and pointless.  Then this happened.  A beautiful moment, a class act.  I lost my dad, the man who made me a Bills fan, hell a football fan in general (I also watch college, even the CFL when we visit the in-laws) to cancer, so this hit home.  I love that for all the flak this city and fans get, that the nation got to see what this city and its people are really about, how close and supportive we are.  And I'll never forget the look on Poncho's face...the mention, he expected.  But when he was asked up on stage, his expression...that was priceless.

Easily my favorite moment at the draft.

Completely unexpected, and very emotional.

I got a chance to talk to Pancho Billa after Day 2 had ended, he told me that he was so overcome and so thrilled by this moment that he couldn't remember who the Bills drafted.

This was a moment that I will never forget. God bless you Ezra, and thank you Andre, Fred and the Buffalo Bills for doing this. I love this team and it's organization.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1