WGR Hosts Scared Of On-Air Confrontation

18 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

Let's keep this all in perspective.  Yes, the WGR guys have lots of obvious deficiencies. 

But remember when they actually had driveling idiots like Chuck Dickerson hosting shows??

Chuck Dickerson's show was way better than any, ANY, of the bumbling idiots on there now! Basically, the only WGR personality that has any listening value is Sal, or Chris Brown when he is on. Murph is too much a homer, Howard and Jeremy are annoying as hell, and Schopp is a pompous A-Hole. I long for the days of "The Coach," and Bob Gaughan and the guys in the morning.

I have been listening on and off today as well.  The biggest flaw is they are all working of the same heavy analytic based material.  They often say 85 percent of the things they read don't like Allen.  Yet we see guys like Mayock rank him as their number 2 qb.   Jeremey and Schoop have poisoned the well for the entire young staff.  Analytics should be part of the equation but nowhere near the major resource.  Numbers are a funny thing and you clan play with them to get the results you are looking for .   You never hear the Wrg guys say with a clean pocket Allen has a better percentage of completions than Rosen.   We will see on Rosen.  He way always have issue with some throws but he also might hit on enough big gains that it works out.  

Or it could be as my 6th grade coach send to me , why do you keep throwing the ball to them none of them can catch .   

Edited by baskingridgebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I have been listening on and off today as well.  The biggest flaw is they are all working of the same heavy analytic based material.  They often say 85 percent of the things they need don't like Allen.  Yet we see guys like Mayock rank him as their number 2 qb.   Jeremey and Schoop have poisoned the well for the entire young staff.  Analytics should be part of the equation but nowhere near the major resource.  Numbers are a funny thing and you clan play with them to get the results you are looking for .   You never hear the Wrg guys say with a clean pocket Allen has a better percentage of completions than Rosen.   We will see on Rosen.  He way always have issue with some throws but he also might hit on enough big gains that it works out.  

Or it could be as my 6th grade coach send to me , why do you keep throwing the ball to them none of them can catch .   

Very good points

1 hour ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I have been listening on and off today as well.  The biggest flaw is they are all working of the same heavy analytic based material.  They often say 85 percent of the things they read don't like Allen.  Yet we see guys like Mayock rank him as their number 2 qb.   Jeremey and Schoop have poisoned the well for the entire young staff.  Analytics should be part of the equation but nowhere near the major resource.  Numbers are a funny thing and you clan play with them to get the results you are looking for .   You never hear the Wrg guys say with a clean pocket Allen has a better percentage of completions than Rosen.   We will see on Rosen.  He way always have issue with some throws but he also might hit on enough big gains that it works out.  

Good points, especially with the analytics. Schopp and Jeremy depend so heavily on the analytics for their opinions. I don’t necessarily have a problem with this if you were using analytics for pro sports (NFL or NHL). 

It becomes a little more dangerous when using analytics for the college game and the using that data to predict success in the pro game. Why?

1. Because the playing field is not level like the NFL. You might be comparing a qb from the ACC against a qb from the Big 12 but they have completely different schedules and opponents. How can an SEC qbs stats be compared to a qb in the MAC?

2. The large variance of talent on college rosters is much different than the NFL where the talent levels are much more equal throughout a roster. Coaches can scheme to take advantage of a weak cb or safety that would have no chance at making an NFL roster. It’s much different on the NFL level because there are not nearly the same amount of weak links on the field.

3. The college game is played differently than the pro game even though there has been more crossover. The types of plays, coverages, reads, etc are different. You see this regularly where a weak armed qb can have great success in the college game but have none in the pros because they are incapable of executing the plays at the next level. The college game allows teams to use the wide side of the field or for weak armed qbs to throw out routes to the short side of the field. 

Ultimately, the stats from college performances are not as useful because it is a different game. The skill sets needed at the pro level are different than what is needed to have success in college. 

So i have no problem with WGR or any fan using college stats but they cannot be the sole factor in an evaluation. Schopp makes it seem like you don’t even need scouts anymore because we have the analytics and I find his thinking flawed. 

Edited by racketmaster
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, racketmaster said:

Good points, especially with the analytics. Schopp and Jeremy depend so heavily on the analytics for their opinions. I don’t necessarily have a problem with this if you were using analytics for pro sports (NFL or NHL). 

It becomes a little more dangerous when using analytics for the college game and the using that data to predict success in the pro game. Why?

1. Because the playing field is not level like the NFL. You might be comparing a qb from the ACC against a qb from the Big 12 but they have completely different schedules and opponents. How can an SEC qbs stats be compared to a qb in the MAC?

2. The large variance of talent on college rosters is much different than the NFL where the talent levels are much more equal throughout a roster. Coaches can scheme to take advantage of a weak cb or safety that would have no chance at making an NFL roster. It’s much different on the NFL level because there are not nearly the same amount of weak links on the field.

3. The college game is played differently than the pro game even though there has been more crossover. The types of plays, coverages, reads, etc are different. You see this regularly where a weak armed qb can have great success in the college game but have none in the pros because they are incapable of executing the plays at the next level. The college game allows teams to use the wide side of the field or for weak armed qbs to throw out routes to the short side of the field. 

Ultimately, the stats from college performances are not as useful because it is a different game. The skill sets needed at the pro level are different than what is needed to have success in college. 

So i have no problem with WGR or any fan using college stats but they cannot be the sole factor in an evaluation. Schopp makes it seem like you don’t even need scouts anymore because we have the analytics and I find his thinking flawed. 

Analytics do not translate to football as they would baseball. Baseball everything is very similar pitch to pitch. Distance between mound and home plate, home plate and first base, this is all fixed and can get a good gauge of how to play by percentages. Football changes from play to play. Distance, alignment, scheme, even weather plays a bigger deal in football then baseball. It is way more difficult to get a good control set avg. I do think at times it would be useful, like they way Philly used it for deciding on two point conversions, but that is a more fixed play where avg. should play out without a big change.However with player evaluation it is in my humble opinion less then worthless, as there is way to many variables.

• Like (+1) 1

I listen to Howard and jeremy every morning they nefer said that Allen is giung to suck or not be a very good qb. What they were stating is that almost every draft guy they interviewed stated that Allen had the hardest deficiancies to overcome.

17 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

I listen to Howard and jeremy every morning they nefer said that Allen is giung to suck or not be a very good qb. What they were stating is that almost every draft guy they interviewed stated that Allen had the hardest deficiancies to overcome.

I listen to them too and you really are downplaying their comments.  They literally spent the first hour complaining about the pick.  I will post the link if you want to hear it again.  Howard started the show by saying “I don’t want to be having these conversations this morning.”  As they received worse and worse feedback they walked their comments back a bit by saying “I’m hoping he’ll turn out to be good, but I don’t think he will.”

It was a very negative show, which is fine.  They are entitled to their opinion - but just don’t pretend it was something it wasn’t.  They spent all morning trashing the pick and Allen

• Like (+1) 2

I love WGR.

I find the hosts blend together well with a good combination on each show of old school (Howard,Bulldog) and new school (Schopp and Jeremy)

With that said....Friday was awful radio and they should all be ashamed.

All 4 of them started their shows with chips on their shoulders based on Twitter mentions from the night before. When are these people going to realize that the nutjobs who tweet at them are the very very very small outspoken minority of their listening audience, and Friday turned into a situation where they grouped all of us with them and essentially talked down to anyone listening who was ok with the Allen pick.

"If you're happy with the Allen pick you are just a fan who likes everything they do"

No. I preferred Rosen when they were on the clock but Allen was rated higher by many experts and it was a respectable pick.

This entire time they talked about the Big 4 QBs and how you have to get one. Thethe Bills get one and it's like they took EJ Manuel again. They made it sound like the Bills traded up for a 4th round prospect. 

The Sabres winning the lotto will probably transition the shows to a pretty heavy hockey conversation for the next couple months and it will give me a good excuse to take some time away from WGR until mid-late summer.

Friday was pathetic. I generally stick up for WGR but Friday was awful.

5 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Very well said. I agree with all of this

On 2018-04-27 at 11:21 PM, Fadingpain said:

BTW:  WGR-550 is no worse than a lot of local sports talk radio in this country.  Much of it is crap.

Talk radio = contrived controversy.  Be it sports, right wing, or left wing politics.  Entercom has been lining their pockets for years based upon that fact.

23 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I am done with that station and will listen to my classic rock on future drives

Either way, you'll be saying "Not this crap again!" five minutes after tuning in.  How many times can you listen to Led Zeppelin's 'Black Dog'?  ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/27/2018 at 10:23 PM, BuffaloRush said:

Like most of you I have been listening to nearly all of WGR's coverage on the Bills draft.  It's been interesting hearing how strongly different personalities have expressed their views, but they seem to very timid to confront each other on-air.  In fact, I can't really remember a time when there was an argument on-air at WGR like I can with other sports talk show.  

Case and point - all morning Jeremy White was whinging that the Bills overspent to trade up for Allen citing the "draft charts" as evidence.  Later that morning, they bring Sal Capaccio on and Howard asked him point blank "did the Bills overspend," to which Sal emphatically responds "oh no" and then proceeds to respond why.  Not one challenge from Howard or Jeremy.  Then of course, after Sal hangs up, in a very condecending way Jeremy uses to Jimmy Johnson value chart explicitly say how the Bills overspent.  Why didn't he just disagree with Sal?

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/04-27-howard-and-jeremy-show-hr-2

On an unrelated note -  if you listen to hour 1, it's essentially Howard and Jeremy complaining about Josh Allen.  When a fan on Twitter told Howard to "say it to his face," he went on a 5 minute rant trying to walk back his comments.  Surprisingly, when Allen does an interview with Howard and Jeremy they act very nice and lob some softball questions.

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/04-27-newest-bills-qb-josh-allen-howard-and-jeremy

Later that afternoon, it's Schopp and the Bulldog.  Mike Schopp also rants about how he hated the Allen pick, why the Bills make dumb decisions, and again how they paid too much to trade up.  Bulldog (who seems scared to disagree with Schopp on anything) argues that the Bills "spent like a drunken sailer."  Mike then rants about the comments on Twitter and how that situations makes him not want to pull for Allen.

Wouldn't you know it...Sal comes on the air.  Again he talks about how he didn't think so.  Then the whole Twitter story comes out.  Sal does an excellent job explaining the situation and passionately shares why the tweets he made at 16 are not indicative of who he currently . Again, no response from Mike who previously said he didn't want to route for Allen because of the tweets.  

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/4-27-schopp-and-bulldog-hour-2

My thing is - if you are an on-air personality and you disagree with someone don't sit there and say "OK"

Look I'm not defending them,  but the fanbase was wrong in accusing them for making people dislike Allen. Honestly IMO the people that like Allen & was hype when we drafted him NEVER SAW HIM PLAY ONE GAME! If they did there is no way they came away feeling this guy is a franchise QB! Either they never watch him play, don't know what there looking at & is completely clueless or they ignore everything they saw & want to believe the lie.

I was part of the text club... & I was one of the people telling Jeremy "stop text us Allen games...i don't want to see anymore"

Why?

Cause they were horrible to watch! They can't just say "hey Josh you suck butt...go away & never come back" they had to be nice...its there job. 

Edited by Scorp83
Typo

1 minute ago, Scorp83 said:

Look im defending them,  but the fanbase was wrong in accusing them for making people dislike Allen. Honestly IMO the people that like Allen & was hype when we drafted him NEVER SAW HIM PLAY ONE GAME! If they did there is no way they came away feeling this guy is a franchise QB! Either they never watch him play, don't know what there looking at & is completely clueless or they ignore everything they saw & want to believe the lie.

I was part of the text club... & I was one of the people telling Jeremy "stop text us Allen games...i don't want to see anymore"

Why?

Cause they were horrible to watch! They can't just say "hey Josh you suck butt...go away & never come back" they had to be nice...its there job. 

Just saying... there’s a word for a person who badmouths someone for hours and then when they have the chance to speak directly to them, they act nice.  It’s called a coward

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, boater said:

WGR went downhill after Stan Roberts left.

Stan Roberts, that morning DJ!

29 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Look im defending them,  but the fanbase was wrong in accusing them for making people dislike Allen. Honestly IMO the people that like Allen & was hype when we drafted him NEVER SAW HIM PLAY ONE GAME! If they did there is no way they came away feeling this guy is a franchise QB! Either they never watch him play, don't know what there looking at & is completely clueless or they ignore everything they saw & want to believe the lie.

Why?

Holy ****.

So a ton of media and former NFL have him rated as the top QB and almost every mock had him going top 10 but....

You. You watched Josh Allen and they, and the Bills, are all wrong!

What are your credentials?

5 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Stan Roberts, that morning DJ!

Holy ****.

So a ton of media and former NFL have him rated as the top QB and almost every mock had him going top 10 but....

You. You watched Josh Allen and they, and the Bills, are all wrong!

What are your credentials?

How closed minded are you? You do realize you have a brain too right? Look, I may not be in the NFL, but I've been around this game for a long time, playing, coaching training for myself & training others, I....yes ME... knows what I'm looking for then the average closed minded fan that just want to go to the games & drink beer with their buddies.  

If I'm wrong... then get I'm wrong...& it's a good thing for the Bills... but if I'm right, then Beane & McDermott is honey bun done! Either way it's a WIN - WIN for me.

You can't always go by what the media said... I love Mike Mayock too... I think he's right 80% of the time but every now & then that 20% creeps in. The best one in this entire QB draft class is going to be Lamar Jackson! why? Because the tape never lies! Cam had the best tape, & was the most establish coming out in 2011... yet all these media & NFL top execs... didn't have him high at all. Some of these so called "experts" Had Blaine Gabbert over Cam, Ponder too at one point... People ignored Locker horrible senior year & went off his junior year, even tho Cam was light the league up....Just like Lamar Jackson... & no Lamar isn't a running QB... but it's not a bad problem to have when your O-line is horrible...JUST ASK RUSSELL WILSON how that feels. Point is... you have to see & think for yourself. I've post plenty of links on guys that offered some good insight on all these QB's... because most of the guy's I've posted link too... supported things that I... yes Me...saw. 

6 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Just saying... there’s a word for a person who badmouths someone for hours and then when they have the chance to speak directly to them, they act nice.  It’s called a coward

I'm no coward! I'm just not a blinded fan...I actually know football... I don't just watch it. I actually understand the schemes & verbiage

Look...i love my Bills, & understand most people don't want to hear "The Bills Screwed Up" but everyone isn't perfect. This front office isn't perfect & they shouldn't get a pass. In 1 year they've made a TON of mistakes... but they came in with a lucky tailmen or something cause they've gotten bailed out on numerous occasions. But you can only keep screwing up a certain amount of times before it comes back to bite you. 

Most of you have to understand it...if not then your preparing yourself to be pissed off completely into shock, once McBeane luck runs out. I just want a front office to do things right... not over think it or become blinded by their own way of doing things, that they ignore what really matters.

Edited by Scorp83

On 4/27/2018 at 10:23 PM, BuffaloRush said:

Like most of you I have been listening to nearly all of WGR's coverage on the Bills draft.  It's been interesting hearing how strongly different personalities have expressed their views, but they seem to very timid to confront each other on-air.  In fact, I can't really remember a time when there was an argument on-air at WGR like I can with other sports talk show.  

Case and point - all morning Jeremy White was whinging that the Bills overspent to trade up for Allen citing the "draft charts" as evidence.  Later that morning, they bring Sal Capaccio on and Howard asked him point blank "did the Bills overspend," to which Sal emphatically responds "oh no" and then proceeds to respond why.  Not one challenge from Howard or Jeremy.  Then of course, after Sal hangs up, in a very condecending way Jeremy uses to Jimmy Johnson value chart explicitly say how the Bills overspent.  Why didn't he just disagree with Sal?

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/04-27-howard-and-jeremy-show-hr-2

On an unrelated note -  if you listen to hour 1, it's essentially Howard and Jeremy complaining about Josh Allen.  When a fan on Twitter told Howard to "say it to his face," he went on a 5 minute rant trying to walk back his comments.  Surprisingly, when Allen does an interview with Howard and Jeremy they act very nice and lob some softball questions.

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/04-27-newest-bills-qb-josh-allen-howard-and-jeremy

Later that afternoon, it's Schopp and the Bulldog.  Mike Schopp also rants about how he hated the Allen pick, why the Bills make dumb decisions, and again how they paid too much to trade up.  Bulldog (who seems scared to disagree with Schopp on anything) argues that the Bills "spent like a drunken sailer."  Mike then rants about the comments on Twitter and how that situations makes him not want to pull for Allen.

Wouldn't you know it...Sal comes on the air.  Again he talks about how he didn't think so.  Then the whole Twitter story comes out.  Sal does an excellent job explaining the situation and passionately shares why the tweets he made at 16 are not indicative of who he currently . Again, no response from Mike who previously said he didn't want to route for Allen because of the tweets.  

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/4-27-schopp-and-bulldog-hour-2

My thing is - if you are an on-air personality and you disagree with someone don't sit there and say "OK"

Schopp posted some nonsense on Twitter about how it's "incomprehensible" that the bills traded up and took Allen over...... Lamar Jackson. Wasn't complaining that we passed on ROSEN, but Lamar Jackson. Seriously? As if he knows better than the other 31 team's multi- million dollar scouting departments. 

He then posted some crap later about the Bills' "track record" in these situations. I had to remind him that that is 150% irrelevant considering Beane has been here exactly one year, and the Bills canned their entire scouting department after last year's draft. Like what does anything before Beane took over have anything to do with now?

I mean I know he's gotta have a "hot take" for ratings, clicks, etc., But...... Jackass

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

How closed minded are you? You do realize you have a brain too right? Look, I may not be in the NFL, but I've been around this game for a long time, playing, coaching training for myself & training others, I....yes ME... knows what I'm looking for then the average closed minded fan that just want to go to the games & drink beer with their buddies.  

If I'm wrong... then get I'm wrong...& it's a good thing for the Bills... but if I'm right, then Beane & McDermott is honey bun done! Either way it's a WIN - WIN for me.

You can't always go by what the media said... I love Mike Mayock too... I think he's right 80% of the time but every now & then that 20% creeps in. The best one in this entire QB draft class is going to be Lamar Jackson! why? Because the tape never lies! Cam had the best tape, & was the most establish coming out in 2011... yet all these media & NFL top execs... didn't have him high at all. Some of these so called "experts" Had Blaine Gabbert over Cam, Ponder too at one point... People ignored Locker horrible senior year & went off his junior year, even tho Cam was light the league up....Just like Lamar Jackson... & no Lamar isn't a running QB... but it's not a bad problem to have when your O-line is horrible...JUST ASK RUSSELL WILSON how that feels. Point is... you have to see & think for yourself. I've post plenty of links on guys that offered some good insight on all these QB's... because most of the guy's I've posted link too... supported things that I... yes Me...saw. 

I'm no coward! I'm just not a blinded fan...I actually know football... I don't just watch it. I actually understand the schemes & verbiage

Look...i love my Bills, & understand most people don't want to hear "The Bills Screwed Up" but everyone isn't perfect. This front office isn't perfect & they shouldn't get a pass. In 1 year they've made a TON of mistakes... but they came in with a lucky tailmen or something cause they've gotten bailed out on numerous occasions. But you can only keep screwing up a certain amount of times before it comes back to bite you. 

Most of you have to understand it...if not then your preparing yourself to be pissed off completely into shock, once McBeane luck runs out. I just want a front office to do things right... not over think it or become blinded by their own way of doing things, that they ignore what really matters.

So the Browns considered Allen and Mayfield for the #1 spot over Darnold. It has been reported that the Cardinals were very high on Allen and tried trading up for him but we beat them out and they settled for Rosen. It is clear that teams other than the Bills thought highly of him.  Allen was rated as one of the top prospects coming into the 2017 season. This is based off opinions from scouts and draft analysts. He would have been drafted in the first round had he entered the 2017 draft. So Allen has been on the radar. There has been a clear disconnect between the stat guys and the NFL scouts when it comes to Allen as a prospect .

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I’ve watched Allen’s games as well and have come away generally impressed. Personally, I look at individual traits and throws that transfer to the NFL game.  His physical traits are top notch. His athleticism along with his size is impressive. His arm strength is rare. He also frequently makes accurate throws while on the run. He is able to make throws when off platform or even when his feet are not set. He is tough and competitive. There are many instances of Allen shrugging off defenders and keeping the play alive. There is a play in the Iowa game where I think it took the entire team to finally bring Allen down. He has a gunslinger mentality and is not afraid to get the ball downfield or into tight windows. He is also pretty good in short yardage situations as you would expect. Add his physical traits and competitive personality with the fact he is smart, hardworking, coachable, and well liked by his teammates and you have a chance to be really good. I saw a quarterback trying to carry his team to wins, and sometimes trying to do to much, whether that meant fighting for extra yards and taking unnecessary hits or forcing the ball downfield instead of taking the check down. With Allen last year Wyoming was 8-3 and without him they were 0-2 and not competitive. The offensive line was not good and he was surrounded by few playmakers. There was little separation created by his WRs which required even more accuracy to fit into tight windows. 

Now or are there concerns. Footwork is an issue which lead to some easy throws being missed because he does not set his feet right. Can he make improvements and be consistent with it? He looked pretty good during the Senior Bowl game and has been working on this issue since the end of the season. Only time will tell but Allen has a chance to be elite. 

Or and Lamar Jackson was drafted where he should have been, end of first round. He has some freakish ability but has a long way to go in order to become a quality NFL passer from the pocket. He is in the perfect spot with the Ravens as he can sit and learn behind Flacco. In a year or two he will get his chance but he will at least be more prepared to take advantage of it. But Allen was the superior prospect as we can see from the results of the NFL draft. 

Edited by racketmaster

I've listened off and on for so many years but it gets to the point were it's just about impossible as a (mainly) football fan, so little actual football talk, Sal is the only one that is a great listen and he's the only one that doesn't have a regular show, Howard Simon is terrible and should not be a leading host, Jeremy White is good, Schopp and Bulldog are completely unlistenable and John Murphy is a great on content but just so boring to listen to. The other guys are mainly Schmucks, and whats with every single station personality being liberal douchebags? Very unrepresentative of sports fans or Buffalo in general.

Edited by greeneblitz

2 hours ago, racketmaster said:

So the Browns considered Allen and Mayfield for the #1 spot over Darnold. It has been reported that the Cardinals were very high on Allen and tried trading up for him but we beat them out and they settled for Rosen. It is clear that teams other than the Bills thought highly of him.  Allen was rated as one of the top prospects coming into the 2017 season. This is based off opinions from scouts and draft analysts. He would have been drafted in the first round had he entered the 2017 draft. So Allen has been on the radar. There has been a clear disconnect between the stat guys and the NFL scouts when it comes to Allen as a prospect .

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I’ve watched Allen’s games as well and have come away generally impressed. Personally, I look at individual traits and throws that transfer to the NFL game.  His physical traits are top notch. His athleticism along with his size is impressive. His arm strength is rare. He also frequently makes accurate throws while on the run. He is able to make throws when off platform or even when his feet are not set. He is tough and competitive. There are many instances of Allen shrugging off defenders and keeping the play alive. There is a play in the Iowa game where I think it took the entire team to finally bring Allen down. He has a gunslinger mentality and is not afraid to get the ball downfield or into tight windows. He is also pretty good in short yardage situations as you would expect. Add his physical traits and competitive personality with the fact he is smart, hardworking, coachable, and well liked by his teammates and you have a chance to be really good. I saw a quarterback trying to carry his team to wins, and sometimes trying to do to much, whether that meant fighting for extra yards and taking unnecessary hits or forcing the ball downfield instead of taking the check down. With Allen last year Wyoming was 8-3 and without him they were 0-2 and not competitive. The offensive line was not good and he was surrounded by few playmakers. There was little separation created by his WRs which required even more accuracy to fit into tight windows. 

Now or are there concerns. Footwork is an issue which lead to some easy throws being missed because he does not set his feet right. Can he make improvements and be consistent with it? He looked pretty good during the Senior Bowl game and has been working on this issue since the end of the season. Only time will tell but Allen has a chance to be elite. 

Or and Lamar Jackson was drafted where he should have been, end of first round. He has some freakish ability but has a long way to go in order to become a quality NFL passer from the pocket. He is in the perfect spot with the Ravens as he can sit and learn behind Flacco. In a year or two he will get his chance but he will at least be more prepared to take advantage of it. But Allen was the superior prospect as we can see from the results of the NFL draft. 

I hear you... he also holds the ball WAY too long, makes bad decisions, can't make the simple throws consistently, can't throw to the flats, can't throw 5 & outs, can't throw 10 & outs, over throws post routes, like you said his footwork is horrible. But out of everything you & I said....there's one thing thats probably the BIGGEST concern about Allen...

HE DIDN'T DOMINATE AGAINST MEDIOCRE COMPETITION! If he's so good why didn't he dominate? Kyle Lauletta doubled every passing stat as a Richmond Spider! Big Ben dominated the rank at Miami Ohio,  Carson Wentz, even Joe Flacco dominated at their respected levels...they showed they were men amongst boys...

Allen showed he shouldn't even be allowed in this conversation... he barely had over 5,000 yards passing, 44 TD's & 24 Picks 

Joe Flacco had 4,200 in 1 season at Delaware! 

It's crazy to even think Allen can beat out McCarron right now. That's not opinion, it's a fact. The facts are this is a QB league & Allen got overvalued & overdrafted. Please don't use the Browns to support cause they haven't been right since they came back in the league, plus teams get it wrong alot....why do you think Coaches get fired? Just because Arizona valued him too doesn't mean they know what they're doing, half of these teams are clueless! #FACTS the Seattle Seahawks traded up for a punter! That's evident teams are flat out clueless. 

But believe what you want buddy 

Edited by Scorp83

On 4/27/2018 at 10:25 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Every single person on WGR is terrible. The two morning show guys are probably in the running for worst in the country. I’m not sure either one of them have ever seen a sporting event.

The work done by Sal C. andpodcasters like Eric Turner, Matt Fairburn, Joe B, Nate Geary etc. is so far superior in content that it makes WGR seem laughably bad.

Enough the ultimate homer, John Murphy, put on a show Friday that was exceptional.    All day it was guests and insight, not just option from unqualified radio jocks.