The Book is Closed on the Mahomes Trade

On 4/27/2018 at 4:20 PM, Zerovotlz said:

Chiefs Get : 

QB Pat Mahomes (R1 pick 10, 2017)

Bills Get:

CB Tre White (R1 pick 27, 2017)

Pick 91 (R3 pick 91, 2017) packaged with other picks for trade up to 37.  Rams used pick on S John Johnson.  Bills go to (R2 pick 37, 2017) and select WR Zay Jones.

Pick 21 (R1 pick 21, 2018) packaged with other picks for trade up to 16.  Ravens traded out with Titans who used the pick on LB Rashaan Evans.  Bills go to (R1 pick 16, 2018) and select LB Tremaine Edmunds.

Esentially, after it was all said and done, it was Mahomes for Tre White, Zay Jones and Tremaine Edmunds.

Thank you.

We need a do over on Zay.

Should have gotten Cooper Kupp instead , seem like a process guy as well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000934448/article/patrick-mahomes-practice-struggles-dont-worry-reid

Looks like Mahomes is struggling right now. I am not a fan of handing prospects starting jobs. If Allen is our starter he will have won a legit competition. I will take my chances will Allen, he is a much better prospect than Mahomes imo. 

38 minutes ago, billspro said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000934448/article/patrick-mahomes-practice-struggles-dont-worry-reid

Looks like Mahomes is struggling right now. I am not a fan of handing prospects starting jobs. If Allen is our starter he will have won a legit competition. I will take my chances will Allen, he is a much better prospect than Mahomes imo. 

4-of-15 with a pick?  In pad-less, no-tackle practice in shorts?

Yeah, Andy, I wouldn't be worried either.  It's probably just because you "threw a lot at him."

I think we got a better prospect in a better QB year - from a better pro style system.

I did not think Mahomes was going to be great before last years draft and his handling of the system in his lone start was not very impressive.  Now they are throwing more at him and he is struggling.  

Good Luck - I think KC will miss Smith more than Alex will miss KC.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/27/2018 at 3:20 PM, Zerovotlz said:

Esentially, after it was all said and done, it was Mahomes for Tre White, Zay Jones and Tremaine Edmunds.

Thank you.

Umm it was more like Mahomes + last years #44 + Tyrod Taylor (which became #65 this year) for Tre White, Zay Jones and Tremaine Edmunds (edit), but I am still OK with what we got - given we also got a top 5 QB and a promising backup with starter potential at QB for cheap.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

On 4/27/2018 at 4:22 PM, PrimeTime101 said:

Yep your right... Unless Mahomes turns out to be another franchise QB we pass up then it doesn't matter who else we got.

Unless Allen and Edmunds work out.

Then we'll  have ended up with our offense and defensive signal callers and a top corner.  And two of the three came from that trade.

Edited by JaxBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billspro said:

FWIW the OTA reports for Mayfield, Darnold, and Mahomes this week were all pretty bad. It doesn't really mean anything but I'll take what I heard about Allen yesterday over making excuses about bad practices.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Pat Mahomes is Josh Allen with worse footwork, less arm strength, and coming from a college spread system.

That's the laziest, worst, most inaccurate comparison I've ever seen. It's clear you didn't watch anything on either QB while they were in college.

Mahomes is far more athletic, more accurate, can read a defense, played against better competition, put up great numbers regardless of who he played against, and although he was in a spread, so was every other Texas Tech QB the last 20 years, yet none of them got drafted before the 5th round if at all. 

Graham Harrell put up better numbers than him, yet he was a practice squad guy for a couple years, then out of the league. Kliff Kingsbury, same thing. There have been so many, yet Mahomes gets drafted round 1 when nobody else was even considered worthy of a roster spot? Maybe you should recheck your analysis to understand why (that means watching the games).

Also, Mahomes carried those teams with next to no help on either side of the ball. They had to throw all over the place since TT's defense was ranked 128 of 128 in 2016...so dead last. Mahomes didn't have big play makers like Crabtree to lob the ball to, and had the ability to make his own changes on the field. Along with his 41 passing TD's his final year, he had 12 rushing, all while playing through injuries just to keep competing. To put it in perspective, Mahomes had the same amount of TD's in one year as Allen had in his entire career at Wyoming.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

That's the laziest, worst, most inaccurate comparison I've ever seen. It's clear you didn't watch anything on either QB while they were in college.

Mahomes is far more athletic, more accurate, can read a defense, played against better competition, put up great numbers regardless of who he played against

Read what I said again. You didn't dispute anything I said. Your agenda is really getting old.

• Like (+1) 1

Chiefs Get : 

Bills Get:

Pick 91 (R3 pick 91, 2017) packaged with other picks for trade up to 37.  Rams used pick on S John Johnson.  Bills go to (R2 pick 37, 2017) and select WR Zay Jones.

Pick 21 (R1 pick 21, 2018) packaged with other picks for trade up to 16.  Ravens traded out with Titans who used the pick on LB Rashaan Evans.  Bills go to (R1 pick 16, 2018) and select LB Tremaine Edmunds.

Thank you.

Thats not really essentially what it was if we had to use additional picks to get a few of those guys. Listing guys that cost multiple picks obviously skews it towards us.

Ultimately, we will see how Mahomes plays 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Chiefs Get : 

Bills Get:

Thank you.

Wtf has Mahomes done?

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Pat Mahomes is Josh Allen with worse footwork, less arm strength, and coming from a college spread system.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Also 3inches shorter and 20lbs lighter. 

Also 13 points less on the wonderlic ?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:20 PM, Zerovotlz said:

Chiefs Get : 

Bills Get:

Thank you.

You're forgetting......

Cleveland got Tyrod Taylor

Cincy got Cordy Glenn, Billy Price Andrew Brown.

Tampa's got Vita Vea and MJ Stewart

Tenessee got Rashaan Evans

Oakland got Brandon Parker 

KC also got Derrick Nnadi

Baltimore got Lamar Jackson, Hayden Hurst, Mark Andrews, Kenny Young, Jaleel Scott

Philly got Dallas Goedert, Avonte Maddox

Indy got Kemoko Turay. Jordon Wilkins

We got also Ray Ray McCloud

I think that's all of it but if not someone else can try lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2