My Relook at Josh Allen

MAJBobby

23 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Wait a minute...

Weren’t you one of the guys on tilt raging against him and any that disliked him but now that you looked at him again yesterday you are optimistic?!? 

Yeah. It's called rolling with the flow, Homie. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Wait a minute...

Weren’t you one of the guys on tilt raging against him and any that disliked him but now that you looked at him again yesterday you are optimistic?!? 

Yea he was as so many here were disappointed the Bills didn't draft Josh Rosen. I still can't believe that Yolo's head didn't explode. 

Glad to see him come around and I think most fans will over time. 

The Bills killed this draft with two studs in the first when most fans wanted them to trade the farm for that #2 spot and Rosen.

20 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah pretty much, I was actually really glad to see it wasn't a motion thing or a processing thing.  Fix his feet (it can be done) and that accuracy will improve.

MAJ, here's my problem with the Josh Allen pick over Lamar Jackson.

1) You saw the improvement in Jackson's game compared to Allen

2) Jackson DOMINATED games against top competition. Allen didn't 

3) I'm hearing how "athletic" Allen is, but who's more athletic than Lamar in this entire draft class.

4) Fix his feet for better accuracy.

The Bills could've kept their draft capital and gotten a better version of Josh Allen minus the weight, literally and figuratively.

3 minutes ago, the skycap said:

3) I'm hearing how "athletic" Allen is, but who's more athletic than Lamar in this entire draft class.

The Bills could've kept their draft capital and gotten a better version of Josh Allen minus the weight, literally and figuratively.

I was actually hoping we would draft Jackson with our #22 pick and get both.  Why not?

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

My point was just maybe dial back from 11 on the hate if you haven’t looked at a guy seriously in the future. 

Sorry I hadn't seen absolutely EVERYTHING on the guy. Still think the pick was a mistake, but I'm now trying to be a glass half full, guy. 

That's MY point. 

I mean, did you not see my two threads on him, with all the research and stats and links? I did my job. 

Edited by Domdab99

33 minutes ago, the skycap said:

My issue with Jackson is the Football IQ. I have read so much about how bad he is on the board. I also could see it in games that i watched. 

There are some wrong notions regarding Allen IMO, eg "he can't throw with touch" -sorry but that is nonsense. I know that for sure because I've seen him make throws with excellent touch. He just needs to do it more often. "He's inaccurate" - except I've seen him make throws with pinpoint accuracy and excellent ball placement. He just needs to do it more often. "He has poor throwing mechanics" - give him a clean pocket and a little time to set up and his mechanics, including lower body mechanics, are fundamentally sound. He just needs to do it more often, especially when on the run. His problems are very fixable IMO. That what good coaches are for.

The risk for me has a lot less to do with his fundamentals which can and I expect will improve. The risk for me has everything to do with what's above the shoulders, not with what is below the waist. There are two aspects to the mental component. One has to do with absorbing the playbook and looking good in front of the whiteboard. I'm pretty sure he can do that. He may be a farmboy but don't be fooled he is also a very intelligent person. The other part has to do with that unique gift that great QBs have to be at home in the pocket, feel pressure, and above all see the field well and quickly enuf to make lightning fast,  "football smart" decisions. It probably has more to do with physiology and brain chemistry than intellectual capacity. That's what Allen needs to have in order to give full expression to his remarkable physical gifts. That's something you either have or you don't. 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

My issue with Jackson is the Football IQ. I have read so much about how bad he is on the board. I also could see it in games that i watched. 

MAJ,  that was false Intel. Says Petrino ran a very complex offense. All of the experts said Jackson had no problem reading defense. Dan Orlovsky had a great breakdown of all the QBs in the draft. He did have a problem with Allen not recognizing blitzes and where to go with football. People put out all type of false info out there. I read where they said Darnold was bad on whiteboard. The film don't lie. Jackson dominated games he played in against top notch defenses, Allen didn't 

13 minutes ago, the skycap said:

MAJ,  that was false Intel. Says Petrino ran a very complex offense. All of the experts said Jackson had no problem reading defense. Dan Orlovsky had a great breakdown of all the QBs in the draft. He did have a problem with Allen not recognizing blitzes and where to go with football. People put out all type of false info out there. I read where they said Darnold was bad on whiteboard. The film don't lie. Jackson dominated games he played in against top notch defenses, Allen didn't 

I will stay with what I have heard form all the non biased Mayocks and McShays

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Did they put him on the boards or evaluate tape and say he is good on the boards?

Mayock put bad Intel out about Jackson meeting/interviewing with teams. Lamar even mentioned this at the draft. Can't believe everything told to you. Must do due diligence

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

Mayock put bad Intel out about Jackson meeting/interviewing with teams. Lamar even mentioned this at the draft. Can't believe everything told to you. Must do due diligence

Yeah the Drafted Player mentioned it sure must mean false lol.  I have done my due diligence.  He had issues breaking down an offense.  I trust the people that tell me things

Edited by MAJBobby