Will Shaq Lawson get dealt during draft?

Will the process dump the reporedly-late-season-doghoused Shaq to get one of their guys?    

What can they get for him? 

I was hoping for a 3 team deal with Bills moving Shaq that would have lead to the Bills getting Martavis Bryant but Raiders took care of that.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Will the process dump the reporedly-late-season-doghoused Shaq to get one of their guys?    

What can they get for him? 

I was hoping for a 3 team deal with Bills moving Shaq that would have lead to the Bills getting Martavis Bryant but Raiders took care of that.

Well if the late season doghouse was IR... Then yes, doghouse.

Shaq for Bryant would have been good....  There was a thread earlier on this, packaged him with a few other picks to get a 3rd rounder and something else.  I think a 3rd rounder would be about it.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd rather move Hughes than Shaq.

You'd rather move a more productive player?

Hughes is worth more to Bills than in a trade given his contract.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

You'd rather move a more productive player?

Hughes is worth more to Bills than in a trade given his contract.  

Hughes is old and we could likely fetch a mid/late 2nd for him, he is declining.

Shaq on the other hand would fetch a 4th or 5th but has tons of room for growth.

If it is packaged along with a 6th or 7th rounder to get into the third round, then do it!    I've been reading that he plans on getting in really good shape this year and maybe that will do the trick but he seems awfully slow to me.   He can set the edge against the run but when it comes to pass rush, it's simply not there.   Yeah yeah yeah, I know.  He got a few sacks early on but most of those were coverage sacks and not sacks where he clearly beat his man to get to the QB.  

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Hughes is old and we could likely fetch a mid/late 2nd for him, he is declining.

Shaq on the other hand would fetch a 4th or 5th but has tons of room for growth.

Then based on your description the compensation should be switched. 

Just now, GG said:

Then based on your description the compensation should be switched. 

In an ideal world we trade neither of them. If Shaq starts dominating in camp though and we got Murphy playing well, sure I'd move Hughes for a 2019 pick. 

Anything less than a 2nd for Hughes or Lawson, why bother? It's like throwing talent away for nothing.

He won't be dealt because of cap space.  He costs more to trade/cut than he does to keep and right now there is just not much wiggle room.

He gets a chance to prove if he has value on this defense - because of the cap hit.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

Well if the late season doghouse was IR... Then yes, doghouse.

Shaq for Bryant would have been good....  There was a thread earlier on this, packaged him with a few other picks to get a 3rd rounder and something else.  I think a 3rd rounder would be about it.

IR was later in year than team being disenchanted with him.

I don't think there is much chance of getting a third for him but it's a very, very weak pass rusher draft so if someone still loves him for all the wrong reasons from that draft who knows?