McBeane don't care

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So you don't think Owners comment on personnel? LOL?

These are the following teams you would NOT want your home team to be then.

Dallas, Denver, .... nvm I will stop listing cause you get the point. 

Your quick. I yanked that comment in like a minute after re-reading what Chris Mortensen said about Pegula on Allen.

Think Mortensen made it seem Pegula wanted Allen more than Pegula meant for it to appear. 

That's why tight lips are best around reporters. Words get misinterpreted, but even the seemingly professional ones can't resist to spin, even subtly.  

18 minutes ago, Ifartalot said:

Your quick. I yanked that comment in like a minute after re-reading what Chris Mortensen said about Pegula on Allen.

Think Mortensen made it seem Pegula wanted Allen more than Pegula meant for it to appear. 

That's why tight lips are best around reporters. Words get misinterpreted, but even the seemingly professional ones can't resist to spin, even subtly.  

every teams have leaks or people cant not talk high up in the brass. but people take those words and twist them around here to there liking. so yea.. welcome to the NFL. it is what it is

54 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

They might reconsider when their asses are shown the door right about the time Allen is revealed to be a total bust.

They are arrogant enough, they will still not give any credence to what the fans, draft experts and analysts were saying on draft night.

5 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

They are arrogant enough, they will still not give any credence to what the fans, draft experts and analysts were saying on draft night.

Do you seriously want a front office swayed by the opinions of fans and pundits??

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Do you seriously want a front office swayed by the opinions of fans and pundits??

No, I'd like them to make smart decisions based on real world data and analytics.  Obviously neither was used in the QB selection process.  

The data points to Allen not having much success in the NFL.

"ooooh, big shinny arm, lets take that guy"

"The boss likes his arm, we should take this guy"

Edited by Rosen-not-Chosen

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I doubt it. They are going to succeed or fail on their terms. Which is refreshing considering how the Bills used to operate. Would you prefer the Russ Brandon method of management-by-ticket-sales-impact?

This is probably your best post ever on TSW.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

This is probably your best post ever on TSW.

Strange bedfellows. I'd already mostly reconciled opinion with promo but now i find myself agreeing with hemet.

I feel vaguely like Ace Ventura did after he found out Einhorn is a man.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Strange bedfellows. I'd already mostly reconciled opinion with promo but now i find myself agreeing with hemet.

I feel vaguely like Ace Ventura did after he found out Einhorn is a man.

I believe in credit where its due. I often disagree with Promo but he nailed it this time. Brandon, Levy, Whaley, and Nix were horrid; even TD was a disgrace on The Bills. These folks seem to be different. They had a plan and executed it and the plan makes sense.

Joe, I would rather take a risk on a qb than lose with another 1st round DB, even if it was Minkah! ;)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

Joe, I would rather take a risk on a qb than lose with another 1st round DB, even if it was Minkah! ;)

this is where I'm at. I may have disagreed with a pick, but at least they FINALLY took a QB high in the draft. It's progress.

Edited by joesixpack

This is a hard group to please. Let's say that between the few who wanted to keep TT and the group who would like a new qb but did not want to waste draft capital trading up, you have , for the sake of argument, 25-30% of the fan base. That leaves 70-75% who wanted to trade some or all of our draft picks to get THEIR choice [ not necessarily 1BD choice] of the top 4  rated gb's, then there's the relatively  the low % who wanted Jackson or Rudolph. Let's say this 70-75% group was roughly evenly divided between the top four. Out of 100 typical fans that would look like this:

25%  wanted to keepTT or did NOT want to trade up

3% draft either Jackson or Rudolph

18% Rosen

18% Allen

18% Mayfield

18% Darnold

you could adjust those percentages any way you want, but no matter how you cut it Beane had AT BEST a chance to please about 25% of the fans. I still like HIS chances of getting it right working with a large group of professional scouts and coaches over "the pizza delivery guy"

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

LOL.  I don't think you read Promo's post correctly, then...

I do believe you are correct, bad reading on my part.

Forgive me. I've been on a bender, the first round was just to much to take.

They have done everything I wanted. They traded huge contract rotational star Dareus. They traded limping decoy pay me huge Watkins. They benched and traded saftey dance Tyrod. They started 5 pick Peterman. They even got one of the top 4 rookie QBs in a ha we leaked your tweets grab your pitchforks Josh Allen. 

They even broke the drought and got into the Playoffs in the offence has no point in being here 3 point game. They don't have to care what I think, just keep doing what I love and not caring about my opinion. 

Now what I want is McBeane to keep giving me that sweet sweet pure entertainment.

Edited by Lfod