Explain why we should trust McBeane on offense?

21 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Explain to me why we should believe that Beane and McDermott know a lot about offense? They got rid of Watkins. Who was on the last year of his deal, was unlikely to resign but turned into a second rounder anyways. Objectively, that's a win. They traded for Matthews. Are we meant to just infer here that this was an inherent negative? I fail to see why this was the wrong the thing to do. And also, Matthews was only part of the trade haul, omitting that is a disingenuous route to make your non-assertion. They signed Kaelin Clay and then cut him and then signed him again. So what? Teams do this with marginal players all the time.They signed Tolbert and then played him too much. Granted. They got rid of Corey Glenn. Glenn played his last snap in October, was on and off the injury report constantly for the last two years, and was 100% expendable because they hit on Dawkins in the draft.They signed DuCasse and then played him too much. Weak. They hired a lousy OC and then fired him after one year. He was the best of a bunch of bad options, not great, but not like they had pick of the litter. They STARTED NATHAN FREAKIN PETERMAN who immediately had the worst half of football in history and then benched him after that half. They benched Tyrod. Don't get it twisted. They didn't re-sign Woods or Goodwin who both immediately played well. You're out of your mind if you think Woods was going to get the money he got in LA to stay in Buffalo. Also please point to your years of Goodwin love while he was a Bill. Links preferred. He was here for four seasons, I'm sure you can find plenty.

About the the only thing they did on offense that was decent was trade for an injury prone Kelvin Benjamin who immediately got injured. 

Just askin' for a friend.

Seems like your'e the one that has some explaining to do.

For one thing - despite EVERYTHING you said - which seemed illogical at the time to plenty of us....  they snuck into the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

Beane & McDermott did not dig this franchise into the hole, they are trying to dig us out of it.

Would you rather we still had Whaley & Rex (or Lynn)?

I trust the process - because unlike years past when it felt like crap throwing monkeys running the show, there is a plan and a process.  We shall see if it leads us to Progress - the positive outcome of the Process - or if it leads us to another process later.

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

To get a worse player in AJ McCarron. That's another move I forgot that is not inspiring, although he is cheap and hopefully doesn't play one play this season. 

Why are you asking us for answers when you already know everything?

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The exact opposite. I'm looking for reasons to trust them. I like them. I think we are on the right track. But their best decisions have been getting rid of talent and gaining draft picks and losing contracts. That's good stuff. But their actual offensive decisions have been universally awful. 

They got rid of tyrod and just made an attempt to get an actual franchise qb, id say thats a good start. Beane wasnt even here for last years draft and free agency

2 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

I'd argue that they upgraded the most important position on the offense with bringing in McCarron and Allen.

In 2018 I am not sure the Bills will have better QB play. McCarron vs. Tyrod could go either way, I think Tyrod is proven to be a pretty capable player but McCarron has potential to work better out of the pocket. Allen is a very raw rookie and will likely need a year to grasp the offense and work on his footwork. So long term the Bills have a possible answer at QB but short term it might not work out. 

19 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Be skeptical? Not show blind trust? Hope they get better? 

It's a message board about the Bills whose sole purpose is to encourage discussion about them?

Been a fan since 1973, so i have seen everything from shoulda won that first SB to 2-12 and 2-14 seasons

my choice?  put up with it and hope it works out or quit on the team.

it's not at the quitting stage, probably never will be.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Explain to me why we should believe that Beane and McDermott know a lot about offense? They got rid of Watkins. They traded for Matthews. They signed Kaelin Clay and then cut him and then signed him again. They signed Tolbert and then played him too much. They got rid of Corey Glenn. They signed DuCasse and then played him too much. They hired a lousy OC and then fired him after one year. They STARTED NATHAN FREAKIN PETERMAN who immediately had the worst half of football in history and then benched him after that half. They didn't re-sign Woods or Goodwin who both immediately played well. 

About the the only thing they did on offense that was decent was trade for an injury prone Kelvin Benjamin who immediately got injured. 

I am not sure we should trust them on offense.

McDermott has already proved on several occasions that he is kind of a DC masquerading as a HC, at least in terms of x and o stuff.

19 minutes ago, row_33 said:

our choice is what exactly?

You can say that about every talking point on this board.

The idea here is to discuss various topics affecting the team, not say "Well, what can you do!"

If that was the objective, there wouldn't be a need for this board to exist.

Because that’s what REAL FANS DO.  They give their team the benefit of the doubt no matter how many times that team proves, unequivocally and in spectacularly awful fashion, that it does not deserve the benefit of anyone’s doubts.  Don’t agree?  Get off the bus you fake fan.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Because that’s what REAL FANS DO.  They give their team the benefit of the doubt no matter how many times that team proves, unequivocally and in spectacularly awful fashion, that it does not deserve the benefit of anyone’s doubts.  Don’t agree?  Get off the bus you fake fan.

That's just being silly.

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You're entitled to your opinion.

I'm not into slavish devotion.  My general support of the team is not in question, but if we can't criticize/discuss decisions made by the organization, why the hell participate here?

You sound like one of these "Fan club" guys who just views this board as a place to say "rah rah rah!"

That's really f-ing boring.

The simple answer to the question is "because what other choice do we have?"  You raise very good points about getting rid of players and contracts without seeming to find capable replacements (on offense).  I would say some of that is still "to be determined" as we don't know how McCarron will play and we don't know how Allen will pan out.  I still think Zay Jones is going to be a very good receiver if he keeps his pants on.  I think if Benjamin is healthy he's better than Woods or Goodwin were.  They dumped the Tolbert mistake for Ivory, which is an upgrade.  They dumped the Dennison mistake for Daboll, also an upgrade.  They realized Tyrod wasn't really going to take them anywhere they want to go.

Talk to me in two years.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

From a practical standpoint, what does it matter what any of us think? The powers to be are going to do what they do, we are going to still watch and I as well as many others don't really see the need to B word about hypotheticals when there are plenty of other **** to complain about.  I mean, aren't you all tired of dealing with BS outside of sports to bring it here too?

37 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Explain to me why we should believe that Beane and McDermott know a lot about offense? They got rid of Watkins. They traded for Matthews. They signed Kaelin Clay and then cut him and then signed him again. They signed Tolbert and then played him too much. They got rid of Corey Glenn. They signed DuCasse and then played him too much. They hired a lousy OC and then fired him after one year. They STARTED NATHAN FREAKIN PETERMAN who immediately had the worst half of football in history and then benched him after that half. They didn't re-sign Woods or Goodwin who both immediately played well. 

Because if last year's offensive moves were stopgap measures to gain cap space and draft picks while they addressed the defense, they haven't proven anything either way.