Explain why we should trust McBeane on offense?

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

You're entitled to your opinion.

I'm not into slavish devotion.  My general support of the team is not in question, but if we can't criticize/discuss decisions made by the organization, why the hell participate here?

You sound like one of these "Fan club" guys who just views this board as a place to say "rah rah rah!"

That's really f-ing boring.

Fake fan!  Get behind all of their draft day moves, despite whether you’ve been railing against those same players for the past three months, or find a new team to root for.

40 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Explain to me why we should believe that Beane and McDermott know a lot about offense? They got rid of Watkins. They traded for Matthews. They signed Kaelin Clay and then cut him and then signed him again. They signed Tolbert and then played him too much. They got rid of Corey Glenn. They signed DuCasse and then played him too much. They hired a lousy OC and then fired him after one year. They STARTED NATHAN FREAKIN PETERMAN who immediately had the worst half of football in history and then benched him after that half. They didn't re-sign Woods or Goodwin who both immediately played well. 

About the the only thing they did on offense that was decent was trade for an injury prone Kelvin Benjamin who immediately got injured. 

Just askin' for a friend.

The same way the Detroit Lion fans have to trust Matt Patricia!

My God, seems to me after the Allen pick that people need to go outside and breathe.

• Like (+1) 1

You don't have to trust him.   But I trust them because I myself am a process oriented sort of guy and I see it unfolding.  They are much more methodical with a clear vision of what they are trying to do and they are executing their plan.  All along Beane said that he wanted the big protypical sort of QB that can stand tall in the pocket and make all the throws.  Allen was his target all along and he got his guy.  You don't have to agree with their decisions but they've been part of the vision that was laid out and they are doing what they said they'd do.  My expectation is that the offense will have a tough time this year with all the losses on the offensive line and the fact that I don't expect for Josh Allen to have much of an impact this year.  But I do expect the defense to improve and I do expect the team to play sound disciplined football like last year.  The arrow is pointing up and good things are coming this franchise's way over the next few years.

40 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Explain to me why we should believe that Beane and McDermott know a lot about offense? They got rid of Watkins. They traded for Matthews. They signed Kaelin Clay and then cut him and then signed him again. They signed Tolbert and then played him too much. They got rid of Corey Glenn. They signed DuCasse and then played him too much. They hired a lousy OC and then fired him after one year. They STARTED NATHAN FREAKIN PETERMAN who immediately had the worst half of football in history and then benched him after that half. They didn't re-sign Woods or Goodwin who both immediately played well. 

About the the only thing they did on offense that was decent was trade for an injury prone Kelvin Benjamin who immediately got injured. 

Mostly I go with Big Cat - I get the sense you're not looking for an answer.

With regard to the OC, it's not clear what you would have liked McDermott to do.  Was it a Bad Thing to fire him after one year, or a good thing?  It might be worth keeping in mind: 1) Dennison was just coming off a Super Bowl winning season.  Those coordinators usually are regarded as knowing a thing 2) When he decided it was a mistake, McDermott acted decisively by releasing him - he didn't keep him around for form's sake while sticking him with an "assistant HC for offense" to second-guess him, or some such abomination. 

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The same way the Detroit Lion fans have to trust Matt Patricia!

My God, seems to me after the Allen pick that people need to go outside and breathe.

They stopped breathing a year ago after the Watkins trade.

52 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

No one cares if you trust them or not,

Sounds like a personal problem. 

1 hour ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

Really McCarron is awful? So you'd take Tyrod over Allen and McCarron?

Depends on what you mean by "take"

If you mean, gives best odds of winning a football game next season (at this point, prior to training camp/preseason) - yes.  I think that Allen needs to sit a year and work on his technique and his understanding of reads and his pocket awareness.  I think McCarron's 5 games show similar passing productivity (different path, same end) to Tyrod and he lacks the legs.

Before you read this and flip out, good friends, consider the phrase "Good is the enemy of Great". (You must also suspend disbelief in the concept that Tyrod had good aspects to his game) In order to have the potential to be great, sometimes we have to move away from the good and retool to be open to potential greatness.  Am I saying Allen will be great, no, I don't know that, I only hope so since he was our choice.   I'm just saying if you cling to what you have, you close yourself off to new options.

So for the future, I'd "take" McCarron and Allen, not because they give us the best odds next season, but because the potential for improvement is there.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

And yet they won more games than we did when we had all those players..can't argue with the results

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

You're entitled to your opinion.

I'm not into slavish devotion.  My general support of the team is not in question, but if we can't criticize/discuss decisions made by the organization, why the hell participate here?

You sound like one of these "Fan club" guys who just views this board as a place to say "rah rah rah!"

That's really f-ing boring.

Either your sarcasm detector is busted, or you don't know Coach very well, or both.