Explain why we should trust McBeane on offense?

Explain to me why we should believe that Beane and McDermott know a lot about offense? They got rid of Watkins. They traded for Matthews. They signed Kaelin Clay and then cut him and then signed him again. They signed Tolbert and then played him too much. They got rid of Corey Glenn. They signed DuCasse and then played him too much. They hired a lousy OC and then fired him after one year. They STARTED NATHAN FREAKIN PETERMAN who immediately had the worst half of football in history and then benched him after that half. They didn't re-sign Woods or Goodwin who both immediately played well. 

About the the only thing they did on offense that was decent was trade for an injury prone Kelvin Benjamin who immediately got injured. 

Just askin' for a friend.

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Explain to me why we should believe that Beane and McDermott know a lot about offense? They got rid of Watkins. They traded for Matthews. They signed Kaelin Clay and then cut him and then signed him again. They signed Tolbert and then played him too much. They got rid of Corey Glenn. They signed DuCasse and then played him too much. They hired a lousy OC and then fired him after one year. They STARTED NATHAN FREAKIN PETERMAN who immediately had the worst half of football in history and then benched him after that half. They didn't re-sign Woods or Goodwin who both immediately played well. 

About the the only thing they did on offense that was decent was trade for an injury prone Kelvin Benjamin who immediately got injured. 

Well, I guess you could not trust them. I'm not really sure what difference it would make, either way, at this point. Time will tell...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

As 1959 said, it doesn't really matter whether we trust them or not. We can only watch and hope (and sometimes b and moan).  

I didn't like bringing in Ducasse, but he played decently last year and, sure we can debate this, but he made less than 500k over the vet minimum so saying they paid him too much seems a bit trifling. 

Most first time head coaches come with expertise offense or defense, but not both.  McDermott is a smart guy.  I am sure he will learn.  He also hired an offensive coordinator that is well respected and has success running an offense.

Besides, what other choice do you have?

Just now, The Big Cat said:

I get the sense you're not really looking for an explanation.

The exact opposite. I'm looking for reasons to trust them. I like them. I think we are on the right track. But their best decisions have been getting rid of talent and gaining draft picks and losing contracts. That's good stuff. But their actual offensive decisions have been universally awful. 

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Explain to me why we should believe that Beane and McDermott know a lot about offense?

And they hired Daboll (a guy steeped in the Erhardt-Perkins offensive system) to run a version of the Panther's stretch, down-the-field scheme.

Somethings smells like ozone to me...

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

our choice is what exactly?

Be skeptical? Not show blind trust? Hope they get better? 

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Explain to me why it's our job to explain it to you? 

It's a message board about the Bills whose sole purpose is to encourage discussion about them?

Just now, Foreigner said:

Hard to disagree with the Dog, although he is forgetting about our naked WR.

Good point. That was another one. 

I do like the Chris Ivory signing although not sure how much he has left in the tank. Always liked him. 

1 minute ago, Woodman19 said:

Explain why McBean should care what you think, you aren't his boss.

He shouldn't.