Do we bring in a qb coach/mentor?

We all know Allen has things to work on, and he seemed eager to meet them head on for the draft process. We've currently got David Culley, whose background is famously at a different position - wide receiver. 

Do you guys expect us to bring in an additional coach or mentor? If so, who do you have in mind?

Too bad offensive guru Chip Kelly is otherwise committed at U.C.L.A. Yes, admittedly, he may have not been as successful as a pro coach, but he has the tools to bring players in the QB position up to speed and then some.

1 minute ago, Mr. ChumChums said:

We have a QB coach in David Culley, who spent his career working with Andy Reid with the Eagles and Chiefs. He should do just fine.

And if McCarron is the starter, Culley is going to spend 95% of his time with him.

If the coaching staff determines that Allen needs to change his mechanics, they should bring in a coach to specifically work with him.

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He has Palmer

For draft prep, sure. But what about with the team?

16 minutes ago, Mr. ChumChums said:

We have a QB coach in David Culley, who spent his career working with Andy Reid with the Eagles and Chiefs. He should do just fine.

Right, but as mentioned he's always been a WR guy. I happen to think Allen actually is quite accurate when his footwork is right, and it's a matter of building that into a habit. A QB coach with a WR background probably does many things well, but I think it's fair to be concerned about mechanics work.

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

For draft prep, sure. But what about with the team?

Right, but as mentioned he's always been a WR guy. I happen to think Allen actually is quite accurate when his footwork is right, and it's a matter of building that into a habit. A QB coach with a WR background probably does many things well, but I think it's fair to be concerned about mechanics work.

Fair point. Does anyone know how involved a WR coach like Culley is in working with QBs like McNabb and Smith? Honestly curious. I expect that all offensive coaches have a solid understanding of QB fundamentals, to some extent - but does a transition from WR coach to QB coach happen often?

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

We all know Allen has things to work on, and he seemed eager to meet them head on for the draft process. We've currently got David Culley, whose background is famously at a different position - wide receiver. 

Do you guys expect us to bring in an additional coach or mentor? If so, who do you have in mind?

What about Jimbo,once he gets healthy?

31 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

And if McCarron is the starter, Culley is going to spend 95% of his time with him.

If the coaching staff determines that Allen needs to change his mechanics, they should bring in a coach to specifically work with him.

This is a good reason to start Allen day one.  

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

They should....but I feel we will hear how confident they are with Cullen.  Scary thought