You vs Mike Mayock

Rigotz

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

It depends.  If we are talking about a friendly game of pick up basketball, I take me.  If we are talking about stepping into the octagon or squared circle, me again.  If we are talking about scouting football and scouting college QB's, well I have to say, I take myself there as well.

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

All I hear about all year is how Mayock is the most accurate mock drafter, how he's an actual scout and you respect his opinion ....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928186/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-top-100-prospect-rankings

Josh Allen #9 overall player

Tremaine Edmunds #11 overall player

Josh Rosen #21 overall player

Baker Mayfield #22 overall player

Lamer Jackson #23 overall player

So, if you truly believe that you know more than Mike Mayock, then you have the right to bash this franchise and cry about how Allen sucks because he had bad college stats. Be honest though ... you didn't watch any "film" ... you read his accuracy % and watched his YouTube highlights. You don't actually know.

Now lets all move on and root for our guys, please.

Ahhh the typical you dont know because this guy doesnt agree with you. So maybe go listen to Mayock on Allen accuracy and tell me again how crying about stats is real

1 hour ago, Mickey said:

I like Allen and I am worried how he is going to be treated by fans who disagree with Mayock going forward but at the same time, I think it is unfair to label all of Allen's detractors as people who haven't done the research. Plenty have and just plain disagree. So it goes. What concerns me is that people are so wedded to their opinions that they just aren't going to get past this and will never give Allen a fair shake. Accusing them of being lazy in their research probably isn't going to help them reboot and clear all the bad feelings they have about this pick. 

I agree with you.  FWIW, I think most are like me - we didn't like the pick but, Allen is a Bill now! so we're going to root for him.  I think most of what we see here are people who need to get their feelings off their chest and vent a bit, then they'll calm down and root for their team, Bills - including Allen, since he's now a Bill

A few would probably be nasty to anyone who was drafted - not the same people, perhaps, but there's probably a fringe of "no crotch grabbing runt!" or "no entitled brat!" diehards who would be nasty if we picked the guy they've taken against.  And some people are too impatient with all players.

My biggest concern truthfully is whether we have the right QB coach in place to give Allen the consistent technical mentoring he needs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Maybe all of the Rosen devotees can get some AZ Cardinals gear and start cheering for the big red.

So many experts on this board...

I already cheer for the Big Red.  As NFL Historians know, they used to be based in St Louis Back in Da Day, and they went to the Super Bowl with Kurt Warner.

On 4/27/2018 at 4:44 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I already cheer for the Big Red.  As NFL Historians know, they used to be based in St Louis Back in Da Day, and they went to the Super Bowl with Kurt Warner.

Well not quite, Hapless.

That was the St Louis Rams with Kurt Warner going to the super bowl. The Cards left St Louis long before that.

On April 27, 2018 at 2:04 PM, Rob's House said:

I like Allen and Mayock, but this is the same guy who said, and I quote, "EJ Manuel doesn't completely suck dangling donkey balls." He's not infallible.

First, are you suggesting that EJ does completely suck dangling donkey balls?

Second, are you sure you are not getting him confused with Tyrod?

On April 27, 2018 at 3:23 PM, Mat68 said:

Its the live of a portion of the Bills fans.  For years, Buffalo needs to take a risk and bring in a guy who can be a franchise Qb.  in a draft where there are 5 legit Qb prospects.  Buffalo trades up like many wanted and got a QB.  Kept 22 and draft a guy inconsideration for 1.  Buffalo had to out bid Arizona for 7 and they did.  Now its not the one they wanted because an internet troll convinced you he will be a bust.  Next need is Lb and they get one of the few blue chip talents in the draft.  He is a rare athlete at linebacker.  Again they gave up too much.  A third and got a 5 back.  He would not bet there at 22.  Buffalo drafted the most athletic linebaker with super star potential, and the most athletic and gifted Qb with Franchise Qb potenial.  How anyone could have sour grape after last night is insane. 

Couldn't disagree more, only b/c I do not believe Allen has any "potential" at all.  That pick was terrible and that will be obvious as time rolls forward. 

Ask EJ Manuel how that all works.

On 4/27/2018 at 2:23 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Kid has the right attitude:

" "I want to say thank you to the Bills organization for making the leap and putting their faith in me,” said Allen. “I'm going make them look like they are the smartest people out there."

You do that, kid! 

Sounds like you're coming around. :) Look I go overboard with the comparisons sometimes, but I want our guys to succeed.

The analytics don't look good, and I'm a six sigma guy, but hey that's why games are played on Sunday.

I like seeing folks at least be willing to change their original opinion and have an open mind to give these rookies a chance.

I do see a lot more of that here than the old BBMB, it's a welcome and refreshing change

On 4/27/2018 at 2:38 PM, Loosh said:

I liked Mayock up until last night.  I'm sick of hearing about oily hips, blah blah......what a douche. 

Some people like oily hips, that's why Lundy's Lane is so popular among some folks!

Edited by RocCityRoller

53 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

First, are you suggesting that EJ does completely suck dangling donkey balls?

Second, are you sure you are not getting him confused with Tyrod?

Couldn't disagree more, only b/c I do not believe Allen has any "potential" at all.  That pick was terrible and that will be obvious as time rolls forward. 

Ask EJ Manuel how that all works.

Football must be very enjoyable with all your optimism.  They are nothing alike.  Ej 5 star recruit.  Couldnt get on the feild.  Never reached his potential at any level.  Allen 0 star recuit, went to junior college than wyoming.  Instantly won the job.  Made insane plays Ej never made.

I like Mayock, fellow BC alum. But he’s been wrong before, and often, just like all the other draft “gurus” and “experts.” His positive e v a l of Allen does make me feel a bit better about the pick though, I guess.