You vs Mike Mayock

Rigotz

14 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Chris Simms and Matt Miller - Bleacher Report, Jordan Palmer, and Bucky Brooks also loved the pick.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/What-national-analysts-are-saying-about-the-Bills-drafting-QB-Josh-Allen/2c213d20-bb09-4675-a431-681c4c800af3

Kid has the right attitude:

" "I want to say thank you to the Bills organization for making the leap and putting their faith in me,” said Allen. “I'm going make them look like they are the smartest people out there."

You do that, kid! 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Mickey said:

I like Allen and I am worried how he is going to be treated by fans who disagree with Mayock going forward but at the same time, I think it is unfair to label all of Allen's detractors as people who haven't done the research. Plenty have and just plain disagree. So it goes. What concerns me is that people are so wedded to their opinions that they just aren't going to get past this and will never give Allen a fair shake. Accusing them of being lazy in their research probably isn't going to help them reboot and clear all the bad feelings they have about this pick. 

Maybe all of the Rosen devotees can get some AZ Cardinals gear and start cheering for the big red.

So many experts on this board...

• Like (+1) 1

Clearly, Beane and McDermott see something special in Josh Allen.  They're paid well to make these decisions... and they made one.  Let's go win some football games. 

I was hoping that Allen wouldn't be our pick... and now I truly hope that he has a HOF career in Buffalo.  I'm pulling for everyone in a Bills uniform.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

All I hear about all year is how Mayock is the most accurate mock drafter, how he's an actual scout and you respect his opinion ....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928186/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-top-100-prospect-rankings

Josh Allen #9 overall player

Tremaine Edmunds #11 overall player

Josh Rosen #21 overall player

Baker Mayfield #22 overall player

Lamer Jackson #23 overall player

So, if you truly believe that you know more than Mike Mayock, then you have the right to bash this franchise and cry about how Allen sucks because he had bad college stats. Be honest though ... you didn't watch any "film" ... you read his accuracy % and watched his YouTube highlights. You don't actually know.

Now lets all move on and root for our guys, please.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

51 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

There are always QB's with 1st round physical tools and poor football IQ on the field. They get ranked high all the time. They always fail.

An absolutely false statement here. Whatever else you can say about Allen  his football IQ it’s considered to be quite high from everything I have read about him from multiple sources, yes, including Mayock. 

57 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Mike Mayock also liked Blaine Gabbert. <_<

Well, no one is perfect!      :)

Is it just me, or is QB the hardest to predict? Who makes the best calls on QB’s? What did they think of Allen? I was surprised by how many people had him so high. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Well, no one is perfect!      :)

Is it just me, or is QB the hardest to predict? Who makes the best calls on QB’s? What did they think of Allen? I was surprised by how many people had him so high. 

There were essentially two schools of thought with one side loving him (Scouts/GMs focusing on physical traits) and the other ( Analytics/film based) dismissing his chances to be successful.  

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There were essentially two schools of thought with one side loving him (Scouts/GMs focusing on physical traits) and the other ( Analytics/film based) dismissing his chances to be successful.  

I know what side of that argument I was on. I pray he proves me wrong. 

But hey, at least we’re not the Browns! 

It seemed so easy! Take Darnold and Chubb! How do you mess that up? 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I know what side of that argument I was on. I pray he proves me wrong. 

But hey, at least we’re not the Browns! 

It seemed so easy! Take Darnold and Chubb! How do you mess that up? 

I'm with you here in hope for the best mode with Allen getting hard coaching and time on task to improve in essential areas where he's currently deficient.

The Browns picks are puzzling to say the least. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Mayock is an ex-football player.

He is admittedly seemingly more accurate and articulate than your average NFL player, but as to whoever declared him some type of draft guru is nuts.

You can arrive at your own accurate draft pecking order simply by averaging out the ratings among 4 or 5 major draft prediction outlets.  It's not that complicated.

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

So this is what we're doing now?

I know this sounds crazy, but every single analyst gets picks wrong.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/brett-favre-1.html

No, in order for him to be credible he has to get them all right.

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

Chris Simms and Matt Miller - Bleacher Report, Jordan Palmer, and Bucky Brooks also loved the pick.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/What-national-analysts-are-saying-about-the-Bills-drafting-QB-Josh-Allen/2c213d20-bb09-4675-a431-681c4c800af3

There were more GM's and mock "experts" who thought Allen was a better prospect than Rosen.   So there is that as well.

Its the live of a portion of the Bills fans.  For years, Buffalo needs to take a risk and bring in a guy who can be a franchise Qb.  in a draft where there are 5 legit Qb prospects.  Buffalo trades up like many wanted and got a QB.  Kept 22 and draft a guy inconsideration for 1.  Buffalo had to out bid Arizona for 7 and they did.  Now its not the one they wanted because an internet troll convinced you he will be a bust.  Next need is Lb and they get one of the few blue chip talents in the draft.  He is a rare athlete at linebacker.  Again they gave up too much.  A third and got a 5 back.  He would not bet there at 22.  Buffalo drafted the most athletic linebaker with super star potential, and the most athletic and gifted Qb with Franchise Qb potenial.  How anyone could have sour grape after last night is insane.