Who Will Start Week One?

Who Will Start at QbWeek One?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will start at Qb Week One

• A. J. McCarron
    • Nathan Peterman
    • Josh Allen
    • Riley Ferguson (It is still possible, Mead)
    • Other vet (Name your choice)
    • Other draft pick (Name your choice)
    • UDFA (Name your choice)
    • Lesean McCoy

I hope Allen starts, because it would mean he outplayed a pretty good QB in McCaron.  However, I think he will be slower to come along than that.  My bet is on AJ to start the season

edit:  I answered this question as though you were talking QB, which wasn't specified in the OP.  it's more confusing b/c of the lesean mccoy option in the poll

Edited by berg1029

1 minute ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

This seems like a rushed post...

The choices are very weird (why is McCoy on there and what do you mean by UDFA? What position does the UDFA play? Etc.)

You spelled Allen wrong...

McCoy was a joke, saying it doesnt matter because he will have the ball the whole time anyways.

With the way Beanie took a passive approach to FA QBs, I have to believe Allen will have every chance to start. I think it comes down to 2 things. 1. How good is AJ? 2. Can we get at least close to the same production and results from Allen?

If the 2 players are close...go with the rookie. Let him learn by doing. 

I think McCarron is good.  They should give him the year.  That will show Dabol, Beane and McDermott the exact pieces we need in Dabol's offense.  Between our cap space and not compromising our 2019 draft we will get all of them.  Then let McCarron and Allen have at it in camp in 2019.  If Allen wins you hand him the keys to a very, very nice automobile and he will have a much better idea how to drive it than he does today.  McCarron could be really good.  Trade bait next year if he is.  

Josh should sit for at least the first half of the season.   

Also they'll factor in how well the AJ or Peterman is playing, how the Oline is protecting and who the opponent is for his first start.  We underestimated the Chargers pass rush with Peterman and threw the kid to the wolves.   

Won't make the same mistake twice.

I'd circle the week 9 game at home against the Bears as a good place to unleash the kid.

Yes, it is early, but if we are merely guessing at this point, I'd go with AJ to start, and leave it up to him to lose his spot or keep it.  Allen is not the guy, and quite frankly, Nathan Peterman should be above him in the depth chart come Fall. Let's hope Allen doesn't become a distraction where it counts--in the locker-room (Any volunteers to chair the first team meeting where he breaks the ice with his teammates of color over his past transgressions?), Or, will this be overlooked and let things fester amid distrust between teammates? Again, all the way w/AJ and then Nathan Peterman standing in the on deck circle.

It had better be McCarron.  Either that, or the Bills leadership team isn't nearly as smart as I thought they were.

Reviewing he responses on this thread, I'm reminded why most QB prospects fail.  They're usually forced to play too soon.

Edited by Jamie Mueller
spelling

I just find it amazing that Josh Allen, who many projected as the first overall pick, was not offered ONE scholarship from a power five school. Not one out of high school, not one out of Juco. Surely he didn't develop his ideal measurables overnight...It will be interesting to watch his development, because either a whole bunch of college coaches were wrong, or a whole bunch of Pro scouts were  wrong. For Bills fans, I hope it was the college scouts.

I wonder if the "controversial" tweets were discovered by college scouts back in the day, and that contributed to not getting any offers. 

8 minutes ago, Jamie Mueller said:

It had better be McCarron.  Either that, or the Bills leadership team isn't nearly as smart as I thought they were.

Reviewing he responses on this thread, I'm reminded why most QB prospects fail.  They're usually forced to play too soon.

QBs fail because they don't have the skill set to be a starting QB in the NFL.  

Whether they are forced to start or not makes no difference.